The Missing Link Not Missing a Beat from Deus Ex

User Rating: 8 | Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link X360
This add-on to the main story of Deus Ex Human Revolution places Jensen back in the action. This add on takes place during the main campaign and explains what happens to Jensen during a 3-day absence. The DLC drops the player into Jensen's shoes as he wakes up having been discovered as free-loader on a cargo ship. During his adventure, Jensen gets help from an unknown source.

The game play is identical to the full game and the colour and textures continue as well. The biggest difference, graphically, was a decrease in the gold-black combination that made the main game that much more visually stunning. Most of the add on takes place on a ship, so the gold and black has been replaced with blue and grey, a very Metal Gear Solid approach to colours. There were a few instances where I saw texture pop-ins, but for the most part, the textures were flawless. The voice acting continued at a high level, the voice actor for Jensen being the only hold over as the rest of the cast didn't make an appearance in this add on.

What makes this add on enjoyable, for me, was the fact that I loved the original game and was happy to play more of the same. For anyone who played the game before and found fault, those people will probably find the same fault again. I would be remiss to overlook the AI for the enemy is still just as easily confused as before. There were instances where I was able to walk around people because it appeared like they couldn't see me, but in actuality, should have been able to easily see Jensen.

The stand out features for this game are simple: the controls are consistent, the graphics are stunning and the story is as strong as ever. If you liked the original Human Revolution game, then the add on is a great addition. And as DLC goes, I felt like I got my money's worth buying this, though I did get it 50% off. If you're a fan of this series, and loved the latest game, then you should get this add on. If you aren't a fan, then you probably won't like more of the same.