Looks pretty bland too me

#1 Posted by davidsworld3 (2993 posts) -

Pretty uninteresting direction for Bungie to go with, yet another sci fi fps game series...Yeah I really cant say Bungie is cut out for triple A games anymore hell halo was only Triple A with The first game and halo 3, the rest just made for mp which makes them garbage games in general.

This is one gen I will be doing a lot of renting than buying. This game is a rent only so far, the graphics look pretty bad honestly, bigger maps doesn't always make for better games. The particle effects in this game look last gen, the models dont look even up to par with current gen either. They have been making this game for far too long and it has suffered greatly from this. They are not using true next gen tech, like frost bite 3 or anything like that. No destructive environments, no blood and gore, this game looks pathetic.

#2 Edited by Rooten (139 posts) -

the game showed is not final so no one can talk about this game sucks, this game graphics suck, it is not a final product so stop complaining before you have real facts...

#3 Edited by davidsworld3 (2993 posts) -

You are an idiot then, the game is pretty much finished no way in hell does it takes this many years to make a game no matter how big. The graphics we see in it now is the finished product. If they wanted this to sell they should have had this playable upon next gen release.

Bungie is no longer a company I care about.

#4 Posted by Paoksis (479 posts) -

i would say it looks a bit clean,rather than bland and since i really give no f*ck about the graphics,it's not a problem for me at all.And i would be surprised if an MMO/single player hybrid had top notch graphics...

#5 Posted by davidsworld3 (2993 posts) -

It's still disappointing looking though, I dont see myself being wowed when this is released, you are lying to yourself if you say that the graphics or other physics are gonna show what the next gen consoles are capable of. It's another open world sci fi game, doesn't mean it will be a bad game in general just dont really expect it to be all that impressive. I'm tired of games suffering due to being released on multiple consoles, they should have just waited longer and focused on making halo a great series again, instead they just abandon it to that pathetic excuse of a dev 343 who ruined halo, just look at halo 4 it's just a graphic whore really and since there are no amazing new physics realistic gore, or huge environments to wage war on, or destructible things in general than typical small stuff.

I still say this game is rather bland looking.

#6 Posted by resident_jisen (340 posts) -

to be honest all games are bland no matter how they make them. I play them to have fun. as for halo I found that series stupid anyway.

#7 Posted by davidsworld3 (2993 posts) -

Hmm after playing the alpha I must admit it was a hell of a lot of fun, though I still feel it doesn't come close to next gen tech they could have easily just put this on the 360 you wont see a difference.

Does Bungie not know how to implement physics or something though? This game doesn't have any vegetation doesn't appear to move when you run through it, you cant blow anything up in the environment so it still feels pretty cheap for a game being prett much the most expensive in history you would think they could have put resources into making it the best looking game in history yet it looks rather generic. Just slightly better than borderlands really.

I'm gonna buy it though the gameplay matters a lot as well and has a much deeper story than their past games.

#8 Posted by ADrunk3nDuck (10 posts) -

If the games fun then buy it by all means. This game is supposed to be going on for another 10 years (so they say) so the high budget might be because of that. That or they're squandering most of it. Graphics in my opinion should never be the only sell point for a game though. Look at indie games. Low budget low graphic games that are fun and have a high replayability (the good ones that is.) Destiny however should not be the case. "High budget should mean high quality graphics, high quality story and high quality gameplay." You can quote me for that if you want...

#9 Posted by davidsworld3 (2993 posts) -

When you are as funded as Bungie is there really is no excuse to dumb anything down or take short cuts.

I will get this but I still say it's gonna be rather boring after a while. Graphically yes still looks rather meh, the animations though alright dont impress, physics are meh, the size of the maps so far that I've played are really not that large and lots of areas dont even let you use the speeder bikes I call them all that well. Enemies are pretty predictable only reason you die is because they have a much higher level than you so for me this game after I beat it likely gonna just shelve it for a good while.

Nothing in this game so far meets the hype and all the grandiose story elements.

#10 Posted by skipper847 (3116 posts) -

If you rent it you will never complete it.