A reason to be careful with the addiction of this game...

#1 Posted by no1gamemaster (354 posts) -

For some reason I think this game will be a WHOLE LOT better than a majority of gamers expect. This is mainly my opinion and is most likely false but it gives me good enough reason to be careful with this title and even make a topic on a video game forum. A quote from the Bible (yea I went there):

11 But as for you who forsake the Lord
    and forget my holy mountain,
who spread a table for Fortune
    and fill bowls of mixed wine for Destiny,
12 I will destine you for the sword,
    and all of you will fall in the slaughter;
for I called but you did not answer,
    I spoke but you did not listen.
You did evil in my sight
    and chose what displeases me. --Isaiah 65:11-12

Now why did I take it this far? Well because I'm bored and this has been on my mind lately. I mean when you read these verses, it sounds like some drunk dude playing Destiny, which is soo awesome.. That the individual isn't taking up any responsibilities and is cursed for their lack of attention to real life. Also before Halo 1 released there wasn't a lot of hype or knowledge about the game. I see this title Destiny almost like a Halo 1, but much more epic and interactive. It might even get more players than World of Warcraft ever dreamed, isn't Destiny a 10-year series or something?

Of course there is a 95% chance that these verses ARE NOT talking about the video game Destiny but I thought I should give fellow gamers a heads up. Shoot it can give ya something to talk about, Cause y'kno... Video games aren't real life, they're false idols. They're fake, they aren't real, not even the MMOs where you play with other players online. Those are also fake , a bunch of people basically playing with, levelling up, and idolizing their toys in a fake-fantasy world. Buuuut not levelling their real-life actual human body temple avatars. Playing video games is in a sense idolatry which IS a sin. However this isn't a GOD HATES VIDEO GAMES thread, because personally if there is a God I think it would approve video games. 

Basically don't get drunk or drink wine when playing Destiny! You might get one of those Final Destination deaths if ya do! (or maybe you'll just SUCK if you play Destiny drunk) Don't say no one warned ya or you didn't read this thread because maybe God intended for me to make this thread so that YOU would read it? In hopes that you'll remember these words and refrain from getting ultra addicted to Destiny! Idk I'm crazy & lonely but... God works in mysterious ways, that's why many people doubt his existence. Way too mysterious!

#2 Posted by Limon27 (1 posts) -
Agree~ Get fun playing, but stay in the reality. Games are not life, they're entertainment.
#3 Posted by CaveManCobb (4 posts) -

Thought you were going to have a good thought provoking post about gaming habits and how it can lead to addiction...Then you quoted the bible.