3rd person perspective would have been welcome.

#1 Posted by mig-fulcrum (260 posts) -

Based on Bungie's track record, I'm sure the final game will better than decent. However, I really wish they hadn't gone for a FPS. For me, the cool part about this game would be player / hero customization. The concepts of the enemies and player characters really look nice. I'd like to be able to see my armor and gear while playing.

I guess I'm in the minority. It seems most of the market prefers first person when it comes to shooters.

#2 Posted by CrouchingWeasel (63 posts) -

I agree. Although in Skyrim & Fallout I mostly play in First Person every now & then I like bust into a bit of third person. It's especially handy when sneaking & like you said, when you get a cool bit of gear it's nice to be able to pull the camera back & check out your goodies every now & then. There's actually a YouTube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Zzp2v7ZlUq0) which shows where someone has zoomed in & focused on someones screen at Bungie during the Destiny PS4 presentation which seems to show someone playing in Third Person & apparently Third Person is used whilst players are at the City. Hopefully it makes it in as a gameplay feature.

#3 Posted by robokill (971 posts) -
I hope so, every game should have third person unless it's in a competitive pvp arena
#4 Posted by Redrivar (13 posts) -

There was definitely some 3rd person footage in the gameplay trailer when the player went into the social event against the big robot.  The player was floating around shooting and casting a purple explosion spell.  I believe it will a toggle like in skyrim.

#5 Posted by steampunksniper (6 posts) -
the third person aspect of destiny takes place in cut scenes and in safe zones in the city, but a if your looking for a good tps i would recommend The order 1886