Please do not waste your time or money

#1 Posted by dirtyjersey13 (52 posts) -

Take my word for it, this game is so bad it is an insult to the character and our collective intelligence. DO NOT waste your $$.

#2 Posted by EbenOlemaun (64 posts) -

You are a stranger on the internet with no credibility whatsoever. Why should we take your word for it? How about some details as to why it isn't good.

#3 Posted by Eraldus (398 posts) -
And you're basing that statement in what again?
#4 Posted by dirtyjersey13 (52 posts) -

Look -- i am  not trolling or anything. I have been playing the game now for at least 4 hours, and it is absolutely awful. Graphics suck. Gameplay sucks. Story is incredibly stupid.

Go spend $60 on it, and then tell me I am wrong. I dare you.

#5 Posted by rashonplantyn (15 posts) -

u paid $60 for it i thought it was $50.

#6 Posted by AllHailTheSith (296 posts) -

Look -- i am  not trolling or anything. I have been playing the game now for at least 4 hours, and it is absolutely awful. Graphics suck. Gameplay sucks. Story is incredibly stupid.

Go spend $60 on it, and then tell me I am wrong. I dare you.

dirtyjersey13
As rashonplantyn pointed out it's $50 on systems, $40 on PC. I've played for about 7 hours and I absolutely love it. I don't know what you were expecting. The gameplay is a classic platformer, a lot of jumping on stuff to get around. The combant is basic but works pretty well. If I had to compare this game to anything, it would easily be Conker's Bad Fur Day on the N64. In fact, that is pretty much what this game is... with Deadpool. It's a non-stop interactive comedy with basic, but good gameplay.
#7 Posted by dirtyjersey13 (52 posts) -

Personally, I didn't pay anything for it. Lets just say I have a preview copy. And if this is what you find enjoyable, you have low expectations.

#8 Posted by rashonplantyn (15 posts) -

why?

#9 Posted by dirtyjersey13 (52 posts) -

why?

rashonplantyn
Lets put it this way, if you look for good graphics, intuitive and original gameplay, compelling story and high production value in your games, then this title is not for you.
#10 Posted by rashonplantyn (15 posts) -

okay i guess, to each its own.

#11 Posted by elmerohueso2 (25 posts) -

Personally, I didn't pay anything for it. Lets just say I have a preview copy.

dirtyjersey13
Maybe you were too busy feeling guilty to enjoy it. Pirates game, then complains about it. People these days!
#12 Posted by BigDawgSteve420 (106 posts) -

[QUOTE="dirtyjersey13"]

elmerohueso2

Maybe you were too busy feeling guilty to enjoy it. Pirates game, then complains about it. People these days!

Maybe he got a pirated copy that the developers made jacked up on purpose for pirating.

#13 Posted by WeskerTeam (1727 posts) -

I haven't played the game but the gameplay videos I saw looked really bad. A Deadpool game needs to have awesome combat as well as humour. 

#14 Posted by dirtyjersey13 (52 posts) -

[QUOTE="dirtyjersey13"]

elmerohueso2

I am not complaining that the game was created. Its existence does not bother me. But having now almost completed the campaign, I can unabashedly confirm that its quality is bad. This is a critique of the game as it exists -- not its existence.

#15 Posted by BarkDogRX7 (9 posts) -

[QUOTE="elmerohueso2"][QUOTE="dirtyjersey13"]

dirtyjersey13

I am not complaining that the game was created. Its existence does not bother me. But having now almost completed the campaign, I can unabashedly confirm that its quality is bad. This is a critique of the game as it exists -- not its existence.

I agree, it doesn't mean anything about the love or hate for the character, this game is just ::yawn::, a rental at best, it's sad when a tmnt arcade game for $15 looks better than a $60 full disc game does, High Moon def left their best work in their TF games
#16 Posted by ghstbstr (8789 posts) -

Sorry dude, but I won't be taking your word on/about this game.

I have never even heard of Deadpool, but watching some gameplay videos and watching someone play it live on TwitchTV I think I have to get it. It seems to be a really good game that's a lot of fun to play.

#17 Posted by BarkDogRX7 (9 posts) -

Haha yet it isn't, there is no reason to play this game a second time, it's a rental at best, yet if  must waste your money...

#18 Posted by LOCKJAWVENOM (6 posts) -
No, you are hating this game just because it got a ridiculously unfair review. Go "waste your money" on something else than. this game was quite good, and was worth every penny. I enjoyed it very much. You have no credibility whatsoever, and are most likely 11 years old.
#19 Posted by LOCKJAWVENOM (6 posts) -
You are wrong. The game was quite good. The only issues were slightly repetitive gameplay. What people like you don't understand is that the story is similar to the classic comics. team up with the other guys, fight off tons of guys, beat the bad guy and his final army. So stop ripping on this game, and research before you hate. The graphics were fine for Pete's sake. COD's graphics are FAR WORSE but you don;'t give a shit! Stop hating on a game you can't fully understand. And yes, I've played it through TWICE.
#20 Posted by dirtyjersey13 (52 posts) -

You are wrong. The game was quite good. The only issues were slightly repetitive gameplay. What people like you don't understand is that the story is similar to the classic comics. team up with the other guys, fight off tons of guys, beat the bad guy and his final army. So stop ripping on this game, and research before you hate. The graphics were fine for Pete's sake. COD's graphics are FAR WORSE but you don;'t give a shit! Stop hating on a game you can't fully understand. And yes, I've played it through TWICE.LOCKJAWVENOM

You have embarrasingly low standards and, I would imagine, an even lower IQ.

#21 Posted by elmerohueso2 (25 posts) -
You have embarrasingly low standards and, I would imagine, an even lower IQ.dirtyjersey13
Because personal attacks show a high IQ and maturity?
#22 Posted by ghstbstr (8789 posts) -

I am glad that I "wasted" my money on this game, because it sure is a lot of fun to play. I am having a blast with it.

#23 Posted by eten2010 (6 posts) -
POSSIBLE SPOILERS I actually agree with the OP. I know it seems like just trolling or a simple "I hate this game and my opinion is fact" but he's simply trying to get people to not buy this $20 at best (and that's being generous) game. The story is okay but uninspired you can tell by the fact that there's not even a true ending (as in, there's no ending story or anything, you beat the boss, DP talks to you then finishes off the boss....and the credits roll). If it weren't for the horrible aiming mechanic and the insanely tough boss fight at the end, Im sure this game could be beat in a few hours instead of the 7 or so it took me. IDK about some of you but a $50 game that's over that fast and it's only replay option is to actually replay it or play the challenge missions that happen in the same areas as the campaign seems like a ripoff to me. The gameplay is fun but limited and seems to be built around the health regen. The flying enemies are a big example for this. The only way to hit them is to shoot them but they can be hard to hit with the wonky aim controls and the "lock on" never really works. A lock on is supposed do just that, lock on so that you dont have to manually aim at them. At first I thought I would lose my lock on because I moved the right stick but nope, you lose lock on if the enemy moves as well which sorta defeats the purpose of locking on. There are also times where you straight get mauled by multiple people with guns because there's no real cover system even though you see enemies using a cover system -_-. You end up having to use manual cover behind objects in the stage and waiting for them to pop back out. Oddly enough, the enemy AI is smart enough to jump/look away from grenades but you can't even properly use this to draw them out and then shoot them as the aim is too inaccurate which REALLY comes into effect when you're facing armored enemies who need to be shot in the head. Lastly, the final boss fight feels they wanted it to be hard without putting any thought into it. Multiple Sinestro's with basic attacks that attack in pairs/groups and some having the defense/attack boost power introduced by other enemies? Come on. As I said, it is hard just not "I need to figure out a counter strategy" rather "I need to figure out a way to do damage without getting hit." I used the strategy of using Sais (max blood damage + jump cancellable attacks) and pressing "Fire" during combos to win. You see the Sinestro's always fight you in a group of 2+. The Sais max blood damage help as that means you can run on regain health while damaging the opponent. Then during your combos you can press Fire to get a "true" locked on shot against Sinestro to better damage him. Sinestro can only be stunned at certain times and they can counter while they are be combo'd but luckily every animation of the Sais can be canceled with jump so you can jump cancel then teleport to safety. He has a counterable grab but it doesn't damage him as it's just a regular counter that leaves him vulnerable to a combo. Problem is, you can't counter it if another Sinestro is hitting you. That's why you need to try and dodge EVERYTHING. It may sound like a good strategy but that doesnt make it a good boss. You literally just run around attacking when you can and letting your health regen if you got hit. I guess what I'm saying is, it's hard but not rewarding. You don't feel like you accomplished something nor that you successfully figured out the boss and beat him. You ran like ***** and dished out damage where you could. Now that I think about it, it makes you feel you're not even playing as Deadpool as there is no humor whatsoever during that 10-15 min it takes to beat him. It's not entertaining to watch or play and you're only more disappointed when you find out that was the end of the game... I like Deadpool as a character and I really liked the models for the women X-men/enemies in the cutscenes but that's all stuff I can watch on YT. TBH, I didn't agree with the review scores when I first started playing that but once I beat the boss and was expecting to go to another level and the credits started to roll I literally stared at my screen and said "....that was it?" END SPOILERS If you love the game that's fine and I hope you're not disappointed with it in the future. As for me, I feel like I was ripped off.
#24 Posted by Avenger456 (578 posts) -
[QUOTE="rashonplantyn"]

why?

dirtyjersey13
Lets put it this way, if you look for good graphics, intuitive and original gameplay, compelling story and high production value in your games, then this title is not for you.

I thought the graphics were quite good actually, not great but good. As for the gameplay with a game like Deadpool that is a hack N' Slash game there aren't many ways to innovate on the gameplay. They added the gun-fu into it which i thought was kind of cool. The game reminds me a lot of Devil May Cry (the old ones) you have lots of enemies and different ways to kill them. The gameplay is fluid and fun and that is all that should matter in a game. I'm sorry you didn't have a good time with the game but that doesn't make the game bad. I know a lot of people who have had a lot of fun playing the game and the true fans of the Merc with a Mouth will disagree with your statement. Good day sir.
#25 Posted by Step_back (1 posts) -

[QUOTE="LOCKJAWVENOM"]You are wrong. The game was quite good. The only issues were slightly repetitive gameplay. What people like you don't understand is that the story is similar to the classic comics. team up with the other guys, fight off tons of guys, beat the bad guy and his final army. So stop ripping on this game, and research before you hate. The graphics were fine for Pete's sake. COD's graphics are FAR WORSE but you don;'t give a shit! Stop hating on a game you can't fully understand. And yes, I've played it through TWICE.dirtyjersey13

Have you ever thought that you have stupidly high standards besides its a comic book game the more realistic it is the less it can be called a comic book game and Deadpool is more of a juvenile comedic character the lower graphics according to you fit the character and game style. I have played through this game once and am playing it again its a great game. Bashing this game and people who enjoy it makes your opinion much less credible. Not everyone has the same style of games that they enjoy just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean its a bad game.
#26 Posted by koospetoors (3244 posts) -
Oh really now, the game's good, stupid fun. You kill dudes using a solid combat system and laugh at Deadpool being Deadpool, its pretty obvious the developers never aimed higher than that since the start. You really shouldn't expect more than that if you're considering getting the game. And you resort to name calling, really? Here's a quick tip you should live by if you actually want people to respect your arguments (and you in general): Never resort to personal attacks, you're practically screaming "You're totally right, I lose" if you do so.
#27 Posted by Anton_Chigurh (64 posts) -

Honestly the people here saying that Deadpool is a great game really do have low standards, either that or they're just making excuses for something they spent $60 on. There's a reason it's getting mediocre to slightly above average reviews across the board. This game can be entertaining sure, but this is 2013 and the gameplay and graphics are just like stuff we've seen on Xbox 1 or even PS2. Underdeveloped lock-on system, average at best graphics and character models, basic hack and slash swordplay, mediocre platforming, and generic levels and level design. High Moon really could've done alot more with this game and made it one of the best and most unique 3rd person shooters on 360/PS3 but they just threw this together and didn't try to innovate at all.

There are definitely a few good sequences and a couple really creative/entertaining ones but the base gameplay leaves alot to be desired. Mostly just repetitive shooting and hack and slash against waves and waves of enemies(Who all have the same health bars above their heads). Some of Deadpool's jokes and movie references are great while others just fall flat/are completely stupid so his character alone isn't enough to redeem the game. Deadpool is the definition of a solid rental or a budget priced game, (and even then its still nothing amazing) but for $60 its almost a joke. I've only been playing the game off and on for two days and I'm already on the last level and there's no multiplayer, just a few mediocre challenege maps based on levels from the campaign so there isn't even any real replay value. Its really a shame, I was looking forward to this game since I've liked High Moon's games in the past; Darkwatch was pretty good and the Bourne Conspiracy game they made had solid shooting and hand to hand mechaincs, so I know they're capabple of making something better than what we got. It seems like they just didn't put in the effort this time around.

#28 Posted by outlawst (49 posts) -

It is so strange,some of players hate the game ,others love it ! i really enjoyed it and give it a 9 of 10 . i think the story and the gameplay just match with the deadpool and couldn't be better.

#29 Posted by home0006 (293 posts) -

I enjoyed the game, but I do agree that it's probably best purchased with a price drop or as a rental unless you're a really big Deadpool fan.  It did seem more like a beefed up X-Box arcade game.  

The lock on system with the guns was somewhat shoddy, but the hack and slash action was about what you'd expect there's not much you can do with that anyhow that hasn't been done.  

Story wise it's exactly what I'd expect from a Deadpool game so they got that part of the game perfect. 

High Moon I think does a good job with license games brinigng the characters you love to life.  However, just like the War and Fall of Cybertron Transformers games the actualy story line is short so realisitically because of that they're best played as rental games unless you like the characters and want to keep them to replay for the cut scenes.  

#30 Posted by TTLM87 (1 posts) -
[QUOTE="dirtyjersey13"]

[QUOTE="LOCKJAWVENOM"]You are wrong. The game was quite good. The only issues were slightly repetitive gameplay. What people like you don't understand is that the story is similar to the classic comics. team up with the other guys, fight off tons of guys, beat the bad guy and his final army. So stop ripping on this game, and research before you hate. The graphics were fine for Pete's sake. COD's graphics are FAR WORSE but you don;'t give a shit! Stop hating on a game you can't fully understand. And yes, I've played it through TWICE.Step_back

Have you ever thought that you have stupidly high standards besides its a comic book game the more realistic it is the less it can be called a comic book game and Deadpool is more of a juvenile comedic character the lower graphics according to you fit the character and game style. I have played through this game once and am playing it again its a great game. Bashing this game and people who enjoy it makes your opinion much less credible. Not everyone has the same style of games that they enjoy just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean its a bad game.

Deadpool was never a "juvenile comedic character" until Daniel Way started writing him. Deadpool was always an assassin for hire who used humor to mask his pain. The character had depth to him, but Daniel Way took over the character and decided to wipe away characterization & back story, so he could replace it with dick jokes & chimichangas. Daniel Way is a shitty writer, and the story of this game is predictably shitty. I bought the game because I'm an original Deadpool fan from when the character debuted in New Mutants. The game was a waste of money, and really only good for one playthrough. There is no replayability, no unlockables, and you can't even wear your DLC costumes in the actual game, only in the boring challenge maps. The game is uninspired, with a horrendous camera, and the auto aim is pretty broken. Its a 7 hour game at most, and the parts of it that are actually inspired, like the 8-bit Zelda homage, get wrapped up way too quickly. Its like High Moon was rushing the game out, and just saw dollar signs.