A successful shot at perfection in game production

User Rating: 10 | Dead Space PC
Dead Space is utterly mind-blowing. Revolutionary gameplay without any clutter or something that we can call a User Interface, and the incredible thing is that they've actually pulled it off! I did not feel any need for a UI, because it's right there...the suit you see on yourself.

The graphics could've been done a bit better. Don't get me wrong, they are next-gen and very beautiful. But there's definitely room for improvement. I just cannot give this game 9.8 or 9.9 to accommodate the room for improvement in graphics, and I'm not giving it 9.5 because the game just blows my mind away.

The story is not revolutionary, but considering what other options we have today in gaming, it is really a work of art. I absolutely love it, and it sucks you in.

And the audio is the icing of the cake...it makes the game that much more atmospheric.

Performance: I have all the graphics maxed out, all of them. And the game runs flawlessly. Not a single crash or problem or even sluggishness, and at a time when 2 other well-known games including a franchise are crashing and simply won't run. So don't believe moronic reviews by people with messed up machines. Performance is flawless and without even a patch.

I absolutely love this game, and I really, really hope EA keeps developing games like this. I can't say the story has been EA's strong side in the past years, and I'd love to see them building on this game and giving us at least an equally lovely sequel or even another game similar to this one in all its aspects.

One last note: not quite sure about replayability yet, but my advice is to really take your time, explore, and live this story...you can easily get all your money's worth from really taking your time with this game the first time round.