"Save System" is messy and pisses me off

#1 Posted by chj915 (8 posts) -

What I can say? I love the Dead Space series game, but this 3rd one, why can't they make the "Save System" right? There might not be enough "Save Spot Machine" around when the story goes from one planet to another, mostly wild area; however, a simple "Check Point" should stay what it means. Now, if I reached a point of saving and choose to "Save and Exit". When I come back later and "continue from last save" or "continue story", I show up way back - like the place I fought 1 hour ago. What a shame! Can't even make the "Save Point" a normal sense.

#2 Posted by LAranoye (186 posts) -
Saving and quitting only saves your inventory items at that point. you have to waiting till it auto saves stating "progress saving" in the top right to exit safely. annoying i know but meh...
#3 Posted by Justinps2hero (2170 posts) -
Agreed, I lost 45 minutes of battling on a side mission this morning & was nearly late to work for my efforts! The other two games had my favorite style save system, so it was always going to be a bit annoying, but they have made it a level up from 'just annoying' its seems.
#4 Posted by BilkeLegenda (1933 posts) -

Im with you on that one,they really need to fix the save system.

#5 Posted by ApocalypseVZ (1 posts) -
Does anyone here lose their progression towards all their achievements when playing as carter when you save and quit? I went from dismembering nearly 300 limbs to 5 all because we saved and quitted. Do the stats save and when it totals the correct number for the achievement then I get it? Or do I need to start all over again?
#6 Posted by fend_oblivion (6149 posts) -
Yup. The save system is terrible. Also : no save points during optional missions. If you screw up, then off to the beginning it is for you. Thanks to a small surge in power, my computer restarted thereby rendering all my progress in the Armory optional mission moot.
#7 Posted by Ryesauce (1 posts) -
I could not agree more. I am extremely annoyed right now b/c im stuck at the 2nd time you fight the giant boss creature. Im trying to beat it on classic mode but the game saved right before the boss and the two guns i have are the sniper rifle and the force gun. Very limited ammo. There is no bench for me to switch my guns so i am forced to attempt to kill it with the sniper rifle. If you want to feel my frustration try killing this thing with the sniper rifle and you only get 51 shots. Thanks Visceral for this ridiculous save method.
#8 Posted by zephyros09 (10 posts) -

EA has ruined a great gaming series. This DS3 is a huge disappointment. It's not just the lame saving feature either... there are weird glitches (setting down a bot or at the very beginning when you get that "this game saves automatically..." box, the game often freezes for a few seconds), the weapons customization is nothing but nonsense and a total bother that completely disrupts the game flow, I don't how many times I've seen map areas copied and pasted over and over and over ad naseum to a point where you start getting confused and turned around because so many areas look exactly the same. Even in the same areas they copy and paste parts over and over and you think you're going in circles. EA Corporate Greed run amok gentlement. 

#9 Posted by greebe55 (45 posts) -

very flawed save system, lost progress the other day an hour or so.

my coop partner quit or lost his connection and lost alot progress

#10 Posted by GamerOuTLaWz (467 posts) -

EA has ruined a great gaming series. This DS3 is a huge disappointment. It's not just the lame saving feature either... there are weird glitches (setting down a bot or at the very beginning when you get that "this game saves automatically..." box, the game often freezes for a few seconds), the weapons customization is nothing but nonsense and a total bother that completely disrupts the game flow, I don't how many times I've seen map areas copied and pasted over and over and over ad naseum to a point where you start getting confused and turned around because so many areas look exactly the same. Even in the same areas they copy and paste parts over and over and you think you're going in circles. EA Corporate Greed run amok gentlement. 

zephyros09

There's a logic on why you often revisit the same area,and thats when youre scavenging the shipwrecks in space,if you realise they're all called U.M.S something.  They're all the same brand of spaceships = all assembled and built the same way,just like a car. Theres no reason a spaceship company would differ their blueprints for every spaceship they would build making it a labyrinth/different to confuse its passengers. a U.M.S ship will have the same interior as another U.M.S ship.    In DS1 you have the USG ishimura which has a different inside and serves a different purpose.

#11 Posted by Vambran (1920 posts) -

I played on normal and found no problems with the save system. I died only about 5 times though , mostly due to traps and figuring out some boss fights.

#12 Posted by badlalo59 (899 posts) -

Oh boy! I lost a save that took 2 LONG HRS till I finally figured out how to defeat it. I kept dying in this one area. It was an optional mission so maybe that had something to do with it. I died so many times, wow. So you know I was really freakin happy to move on. Nature called and I just decided to quit at that point so I decided to *cough* save my game...saw the lil "saving progress" light up in that top right corner an thought, "K, I'm good". NOPE!

The first 2 games had a perfect save system. Wut the heck happened? I sure hope theres a patch or something on the way.

#13 Posted by fend_oblivion (6149 posts) -
The first 2 games had a perfect save system. Wut the heck happened? I sure hope theres a patch or something on the way.

badlalo59
Hate to disappoint you, but that's just wishful thinking.
#14 Posted by badlalo59 (899 posts) -

I think there will be, seriously. Over at the EA.com forums theres a thread about this issue. Let me be more specific.

Sorta spoilery.....

Theres a mission on Terra Nova where you have to head to the Conning Tower. If you quit and save for whatever reason EVEN after seeing the "saving progress" thing on the top right corner of the screen you are sadly mistaken and in my case it can be downright frustrating. There are 2 MAJOR battles during this mission so if your playing Solo (as I am on Hard diff.) you might end up dying a few times till you get through it. Last night I got through it and almost finish it when I had to quit. So I waited for an area that saved my progress. After doing that I went to bed thinking I would start where I left off. I mean the saving progress thing was on for crying out loud. When I started today instead of starting where I left off it sent me back to the effin Tram Station where the mission orginated!

Like I said the save system was perfect the 1st 2 games. They REALLY dropped the ball on this one though. That's not the only issue either. When I pickup Upgrades or even blueprints their missing from my Inventory. I'll restart and head back thinking it'll be there again but  NOPE. Gone. *sadface