It is a survival horror, its bloody hectic horror!

#1 Posted by Justinps2hero (2172 posts) -

Just who has been giving the Necro's red-bull & amphetamines? Jesus H christ, I'm only on chapter five, I'm knocking around with a shot gun that seems to take ten shots to lop a limb off, & I'm getting rushed by a rugby team load of Necro's at every blinking corner, this game is crazy. The weapons feel serverely under-powered, but that should make any 2nd playthrough more fun, might even understand the bench by then!

Anyone who completes this game on hardcore gets my upmost respect. 

#2 Posted by jwinding (8 posts) -
Haha, imagine if the old *Plasma Cutter Only' achievement was in place. Ouch.
#3 Posted by rgdfglfhgkh (62 posts) -

Just who has been giving the Necro's red-bull & amphetamines? Jesus H christ, I'm only on chapter five, I'm knocking around with a shot gun that seems to take ten shots to lop a limb off, & I'm getting rushed by a rugby team load of Necro's at every blinking corner, this game is crazy. The weapons feel serverely under-powered, but that should make any 2nd playthrough more fun, might even understand the bench by then!

Anyone who completes this game on hardcore gets my upmost respect. 

Justinps2hero

well i dont advice using SG, MSG is much better and for hardcore u will have to run a lot 

so my advice keep aiming on leg and finish with a punch 

note: i finished game on hardcore and i remember getting stucked at the train station

but by running away and punch it helped me alot

#4 Posted by Justinps2hero (2172 posts) -
Stay clear of the Findus Spaghetti Bologneighs, it gives you the trots! __________________________________ A punch? No way, does very little, especially when theres a group of enemies on you. You might need to tab your difficulty up a notch.
#5 Posted by Justinps2hero (2172 posts) -
so my advice keep aiming on leg and finish with a punch _____________________________________________________ A punch? No way, does very little, especially when theres a group of enemies on you. You might need to tab your difficulty up a notch. (sorry, an edit from a tesco horse joke on another thread for all you uk users)
#6 Posted by hockeyfreak84 (23 posts) -

I would suggest upgrading your stasis ASAP these necromorphs definitely move a lot quicker than the last game. that's what I did and it sure helped out a lot

#7 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

First, know that those here on the GameSpot side of GameFAQs/GameSpot have a black background forum layout, and your blue text is nearly impossible to see on it. I actually had to highlight it to read it.

As far as difficulty of DS3, you need to scavenge a LOT to get scrap metal and tungsten before you can do effective weapon crafting. It also matters a lot how you spend those materials early on. It might seem sensible to craft one of the cheaper weapons at the start, but believe it or not, it makes a lot of sense to just upgrade the plasma cutter.

I'm nearly done with my 2nd play through, and saved up enough tungsten for the most expensive weapon blueprint in the game, the Intimid8tr, which takes 570 tungsten. Even with a slight modification I found my self going back to the good old plasma cutter sometimes., which I've upgraded with stasis and a rivet gun lower.

I'm about to make and upload a Weapon Crafting Arena demo of the Intimid8tr vs my custom plasma cutter/rivet gun. The Intimid8tr is basically a galvanizer assault rifle that fires 3-round bursts of stasis coated projectiles with a flame glazed shotgun lower. I simply modified it to have a satsis lower attachment with stasis amplifier upper attachment, the latter of which widens the stasis beam when casting stasis manually. I chose that vs the fire glaze on the shotty because there are times when necros swarm when I want to just stasis two or three of them quickly.

The weapon stats can be a bit misleading though. For instance the stasis coating atachment is said to apply very minimal stasis with each projectile, but it accumulates and gets more powerful with each shot as you upgrade the weapon. I can immobilize the average necro with one stasis coated shot of my plasma cutter. The bigger beasts will turn blue and nearly freeze with a few shots.