Bug/Glitch on Dead Island GOTYE

#1 Posted by Mickeyminime (1104 posts) -

Well, ive been playing it for a few hours now, and just 30 minutes ago i had this random bug that when down stairs in the toilets by the hotel, something stops me from running up the stairs, it pushes me back down like a Jedi Force Push attack of somesort. Has anyone else had this happen to them, the first one i was lucky to get out of, the 2nd i had to reload my last checkpoint. The 2nd was just "Urgh". Are there any other kind of bugs/glitches i should know of :/, thanks :)

#2 Posted by svenjl (141 posts) -

Sorry about the bug, sounds dodgy.  I have the GOTY edition and I've found it to be bug/glitch free for the most part.  i've seen occasional clipping but nothing horrendous.  I hate the auto save and checkpoint system, but that's my biggest gripe.  I've thoroughly enjoyed the game, specially Act 2.  Keep at it, I say!

#3 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -

Well, ive been playing it for a few hours now, and just 30 minutes ago i had this random bug that when down stairs in the toilets by the hotel, something stops me from running up the stairs, it pushes me back down like a Jedi Force Push attack of somesort. Has anyone else had this happen to them, the first one i was lucky to get out of, the 2nd i had to reload my last checkpoint. The 2nd was just "Urgh". Are there any other kind of bugs/glitches i should know of :/, thanks :)

Mickeyminime
I can confirm this is in the standard version of the game (PC Steam non-GOTY). The weird bit is that it is only sometimes - I've been down there quite a few times since there is a chest for easy loot - 95% of the time I got out without a problem, didn't have any issues with the stairs, then got totally stuck a couple of times and had to reload. The only other invisible collision I've hit was on the edges of the gameworld. Do watch out for zombie limbs showing through walls of buildings as it may mean they can also attack you through them. I died a couple of times resting up against a wall to use a nearby open door as a bottleneck for the zombies to come through, only to be attacked directly through the wall and die before I realised where it was coming from.
#4 Posted by Mickeyminime (1104 posts) -
I started playing the game again just a weak ago to improve my character better, i haven't had the stair problem yet, but i have noticed some other problems i never had before. I don't know if its the PS3 causing the game to go gay considering the PS3 has had a few problems since Christmas day. I dropped a rather powerful weapon by accident, i thought, hell i can pick it up when i exit the screen to continue playing only to see my weapon fall right through the ground and never to be seen again. I went mental as it was pretty powerful, i didn't use it much due to the repair costs. Other times i will get zombies arms waving around on the other side of a closed door. I had that tough zombie who can really cause you damage standing behind the door, i thought i'd wait a few seconds, but he's arms just appeared through the door and i went flying backwards. So i try to stay away from doors as that blow killed me due to low health. I even had a cocktail bomb problem. I swapped my alcohol for those cocktail bombs, but i didn't get them, even when my pack was half full. Luckly i loaded and i got them the 2nd time round, but i never had this problem the first time i played the game. Makes me wonder what else i will encounter later on :(
#5 Posted by MelvinMcDougal (67 posts) -

I've never had the problem with the stairs but like others, I have seen the zombies attack through walls. Wasn't a big deal though because I can attack them as well.  Some problems I've had are on completing two missions that award xp and a weapon, I only got the xp and was never rewarded the weapon.  Another problem I've had, while being attacked by zombies I'll hit O to use the health pack then attack again with R1 but instead of using the weapon I had equipped my character will drink alcohol instead.  The alcohol wasn't even epuipped on my weapon wheel.  I don't even know if you can equip it but that's happened about 6 or 7 times.

#6 Posted by psycholphenomen (34 posts) -

probably a non issue at this point due to the date but for anyone interested, walk up the stairs in a diagonal to beat the jedi force push issue.