New Dead Island game?? awesome

#1 Posted by Armyboy5 (1477 posts) -

Sucks they continue the story tho.. to be honest i hate the characters in the first game, except for the asian melee lady, she seems honorable.. oh and the jamaican one too

the dudes look like a gay stylish couple who suck bags of penises for a living

#2 Posted by shadow_Metroid (1640 posts) -

Well they do suck bags of corpses.

#3 Posted by Ortego13 (1 posts) -

I really hope this one will be even better! The first one was GREAT! There are a few games which can draw my attantion - this one did its job. It includs all major elements which I admire most in games - it is long enough, has a good story (though it is difficult to create story over zombie apocalypse, it is nicely presented here), includes RPG elements, lots of side quests, great characters and above all mentioned nice visuals! So, the story continues. The main point of zombie games, in my opinion, is survival - and developers made it, lets say so, more or less challanging. It would be nice if more guns will be included in this version! My favorite character is Purna (the gun expert), as one of the dudes said:"It is better to use ranged weapons, than been eaten by the fase"- or smth like this. And also I hope they will make it longer. To be honest, such games are underestimated sometimes, but as it is said - lovers gonna love. So I would like to wish luck to developers of such a great game! Your fans will always support you!!!

#4 Posted by Justinps2hero (2160 posts) -
Really enjoyed the first one, was a bit put of by lots of reports of it being a bit 'bug ridden', but in over 25 hours I've not had any. Reckon this will be well worth a look.
#5 Posted by jamesjgraham (36 posts) -

I've been playing Dead Island for some time now, but I feel that something is missing. I don't care if my character dies because I know he'll be back in 10 seconds and the second reason is that I don't really feel attached to the characters in any way.

Most zombie games seem to be the same after awhile (fight a zombie, die, come back, fight a zombie...). I wish they would break the mold and come up with something invovative (ie. Infection when injured, and dying not being so routine that it doesn't mean anything). In L4D when your character died at least he died unless rescued (not the case when playing solo). 

#6 Posted by Tribesmaster (646 posts) -

It definitely has bugs. From 1 playthrough me n my buds game messed up like 5 times and ended up freezing the game.  I found out one reason was because I threw a weapon off the light tower the left the tower and the game glitched like crazy then froze(try it, it will work). Happened a bunch of other times from different areas of the game too.

The game is still very fun though, although I agree it felt like it was missing something, and the characters in the game weren't all that interesting. Still looking forward to this game though. When it comes to Co-op, there's definitely fun to be had.

#7 Posted by PeterMiller (38 posts) -
#8 Edited by davidsworld3 (2926 posts) -

I've had far more glitching in the first game than the second, also have played through the second game so many times now, you definitely get way more weapons in the second game and have more modding you can do with them, I've also noticed a lot more players get on riptide as well. Story wise neither is very good but it's the gameplay that keeps me playing.