Iconic powers build (DPS and Controller mix kinda)

#1 Posted by Okaapi (3 posts) -
I am still technically "new" to DCUO, I've only been playing off and on for 3-ish months and never achieved level 30 but I've played all powers (except the membership ones) and I understand MOST concepts of the game, I was curious one day and decided to try an all iconic power set in the Aqua-cultural area, I reset my powers and this is the set I'm currently using. 1: Heat Vision- Heat vision is amazing, It does a good chunk of damage and when you're in DPS mode you get a 40% dmg boost. It also has a DoT burning effect that I think lasts about 10 seconds. 2: Freezing Breath- I like this power because it's practically the same as Heat vision just doesn't do as much DPS but more DoT and it locks them in place for 9-10 seconds and does DoT I think....not sure because I haven't played in a couple of days. I may as well say this now but the Heat vision and Freezing breath is a GREAT combo, first cast freezing breath and then heat vision to Finnish them off, I use this particularly for bosses. And just like HV it does the 40% dmg increase until the counter resets 3. Neo-Venom Boost , Simply it just gives you a boost of damage and it can really **** up people's days. and there is the 40% dmg increase until the counter resets as well. 4. Sonic Cry- This is a AoE effect that can really get the enemy's around you to **** off, it does good damage and stuns the enemys around you so it's a good escape tactic, I use it mostly with Neo-venom so the enemys drop like flys, as well as the 40% dmg Increase until the counter resets 5. Sonic Shout- I like this one A LOT, It's probably my favorite because just like sonic cry it's an AoE attack that has an AMAZING AoE. You can stun practically a whole room of goons with it and then use Neo venom after to just flip some pancakes again like all the others, the 40% dmg increase until the counter resets in an added bonus 6. The last one I use is Hard Light shield, this just stops any attacks from enemies for a short while to you can attack with Neo-venom or stun to escape to regain heath. Guess what? Oh yeah! You get the 40% increase as well. I know this review was kinda lack-luster for the most part but I wanted to tell you guys so you could possibly tell me what not to use or if this isn't really worth the powers I should use. Or if it is a good set to just put it out there for people to use, I know the iconic's aren't really that great as I put them up there as but those are the good points of them - Okaapi
#2 Posted by Okaapi (3 posts) -
[QUOTE="Okaapi"]I am still technically "new" to DCUO, I've only been playing off and on for 3-ish months and never achieved level 30 but I've played all powers (except the membership ones) and I understand MOST concepts of the game, I was curious one day and decided to try an all iconic power set in the Aqua-cultural area, I reset my powers and this is the set I'm currently using. 1: Heat Vision- Heat vision is amazing, It does a good chunk of damage and when you're in DPS mode you get a 40% dmg boost. It also has a DoT burning effect that I think lasts about 10 seconds. 2: Freezing Breath- I like this power because it's practically the same as Heat vision just doesn't do as much DPS but more DoT and it locks them in place for 9-10 seconds and does DoT I think....not sure because I haven't played in a couple of days. I may as well say this now but the Heat vision and Freezing breath is a GREAT combo, first cast freezing breath and then heat vision to Finnish them off, I use this particularly for bosses. And just like HV it does the 40% dmg increase until the counter resets 3. Neo-Venom Boost , Simply it just gives you a boost of damage and it can really **** up people's days. and there is the 40% dmg increase until the counter resets as well. 4. Sonic Cry- This is a AoE effect that can really get the enemy's around you to **** off, it does good damage and stuns the enemys around you so it's a good escape tactic, I use it mostly with Neo-venom so the enemys drop like flys, as well as the 40% dmg Increase until the counter resets 5. Sonic Shout- I like this one A LOT, It's probably my favorite because just like sonic cry it's an AoE attack that has an AMAZING AoE. You can stun practically a whole room of goons with it and then use Neo venom after to just flip some pancakes again like all the others, the 40% dmg increase until the counter resets in an added bonus 6. The last one I use is Hard Light shield, this just stops any attacks from enemies for a short while to you can attack with Neo-venom or stun to escape to regain heath. Guess what? Oh yeah! You get the 40% increase as well. I know this review was kinda lack-luster for the most part but I wanted to tell you guys so you could possibly tell me what not to use or if this isn't really worth the powers I should use. Or if it is a good set to just put it out there for people to use, I know the iconic's aren't really that great as I put them up there as but those are the good points of them - Okaapi

#3 Posted by hybridjax (6 posts) -
heat vision is not really a good thing to use pve and pvp depending on your power it will require you to use different skills depending on you role/power. if you have anymore questions go here: http://ask.fm/DcUniverseOnline