Kinda boring..

#1 Posted by Aesthetic816 (86 posts) -

I really enjoyed Darksiders 1 but Darksiders II is kinda boring. I've been playing for around 4 hours and its just a lot of running around through pointless hallways and easy puzzles so far. Literally spent like 30-45 minutes running around completing a puzzle. So idk the whole item and gear system is cool but the gameplay is just boring and bland. What do you think?

#2 Posted by krashoverride (92 posts) -

Im exactly the opposite.  Enjoying this much more than the first one.  The Artistic design is insane.  The only thing I dont like is how every task turns into 10.  And if you havnt reached the earth level yet , good luck.  

#3 Posted by MISTMAN77 (231 posts) -

Just got my copy yesterday, and am really enjoying it. Spent about 5 hours so far. Great looking environments and the music in backround sounds well.  The combat is also very fluid, and I'm still only level 5 and yet to obtain the big moves.

Very happy with the purchase.

#4 Posted by StayFrosty (154 posts) -

I really enjoyed Darksiders 1 but Darksiders II is kinda boring. I've been playing for around 4 hours and its just a lot of running around through pointless hallways and easy puzzles so far. Literally spent like 30-45 minutes running around completing a puzzle. So idk the whole item and gear system is cool but the gameplay is just boring and bland. What do you think?

Aesthetic816
Just go play something else, not that hard. I'm enjoying the game. Simple.
#5 Posted by suksass (35 posts) -
Offcourse they easy. You only played for like 4 hours. It becomes even more fun once you unlock crucible.
#6 Posted by ddubbeleim (4 posts) -
Puzzles get harder... game gets harder... you're not even at the kingdom of the undead yet. There are also secret bosses you can fight at anytime and there are more and more combos you can learn with lots of item upgrade combinations to explore. It's a long game so it's easy for a little while... 10 hours in is where it starts to get tough... the foundry, but after is really where it spikes in difficulty. There may be spoilers but you can see how it's changed at: twitch.tv/ddubbeleim My livestream.
#7 Posted by tgruss (2 posts) -
Don't listen to the fan boys I thought it was kinda boring about 2 hours into it I'm at twenty hours and I'm still kinda bored When I finish the game I'll let you guys know whether or not I was still bored by the end of it
#8 Posted by K_I_R_E_E_K (1430 posts) -
It's exactly what i expected from an adventure game. i enjoy it.
#9 Posted by InquisitorCrox (616 posts) -
Personally i am bored when i have to repeat again and again the same thing, or when i have to search endless hours for a hidden object that must retrieved mandatory to go further. Unfortunately number 1 had some issues and thats why i never finished it. Number seems more complex where it should and more straightforward where it counts! I just reached the crucible and i may be wrong. But so far i did not felt the need to seek a guide and disrupt my pace, i do as i am pleased and i am satified withg the changes. The graphics are improved quite a lot for a sequel that shares the same engine and the item system ensures that you can skip smth and still be competitive,
#10 Posted by Phazevariance (10934 posts) -

I just finished darksiders 2. I think I actually liked the first one much more, at the end of this one was the easiest boss in the game and the story was very "meh" in the end. The gear system is good but a lot of the special items you find are only marginally good. They really needed to make the enemies get much much harder as the game progressed so they could have added stronger weapons. Once you amp up your secondary weapon to deal 4k damage or more, every enemy and boss becomes only a few hits. I think they could have done better with this game.

#11 Posted by rigzzsy (349 posts) -

redirect the beams

#12 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

I'm dissapointed by the ending ! A 2-3 min comic style movie ?!? So i guess we will see the end of story, after Darksiders 4 comes out ! Starting a new game + to check if the it gets a little harder. Also the final boss wash the easiest one !!!

#13 Posted by HiSaZuL (311 posts) -
Darksiders 1 last boss was the easiest npc in the first game by a land slide. Frankly tutorial boss was a bit more harsh on apocalyptic then last boss.... and angel fights in tutorial could actually kill you if you just ran right in with no moves and weapons and you would definitely get steamballed if you didn't know where dodge button is before you started your game on apocalyptic >_<. Ds2 has some stuff that is fairly harsh if you aren't geared or over leveled. Not to mention trying to kill gorewood at level 1 on apocalyptic is pretty darn epic. Some of optional bosses can be up to 10 levels higher then first time you can get to them. Making them a fairly good challenge. Anyway... its all preferences. Darksiders 1 was just action. Darksiders 2 is a mix of prince of persia 2 with some generic rpg elements. Only thing I hate about 2 is the fact that you constantly need to come back and wait for all the abilities otherwise you can't get the "good stuff"... i find the artificial game extending in that manner to be... very irritating to say the least. Oh and im on 3rd bloody restart so far... due to game saves getting corrupted -_-. Who ever made it so game saves while you are loading a save game... was a fucking moron. It completely and utterly makes their secondary back-up save... if not entirely worthless then next to it. Now I'm just manually copying saves after some... notable progress lol.
#14 Posted by fbhbankai (28 posts) -

Just finished this game a few days ago and found it to be awesome. The kind of adventure game we don't get very often (but should).

The combat is fun, the rpg item system is cool and the puzzles, while never hard, are fun to complete (although I will admit that for the first few hours they are extremely easy). There is a lot to do, a lot to explore and a lot to find.