PVP Full Looting

#1 Posted by hlmcpherson (50 posts) -

Full looting PVP, I'll continue to skip this game...

#2 Posted by damage6805 (3 posts) -

Full Loot is actually what makes this game the most intense pvp out there.  Because you have everthing to lose, but everything to gain.  There is nothind more satsifying then being in a heated 1 on 1 with somone for 5 mins and killing them.  Then all there shiny stuff is yours now.  Also the Braveheart like battles 50 on 50 in an open field!  Words cannot describe.

#4 Posted by Veenus (6 posts) -

This is what made Ultima Online great.  The fear of walking out of the city and not knowing what will happen at the next fork in the road.  Heart Pounding.  Everquest on the PvP servers had that similiar fear with 1 item + gold.  This is how it should be.  Risk = Reward = Excitement.

#5 Posted by Artte_Darrow (1 posts) -
The game is not the same as UO ...by a long shot. UO had a real place for a solo player. A Ranger adept at hiding from enemies and using stealth ...picking their battles ...measuring their guile timing and ordinance against another players. It was'nt like Darkfall where you cannot hide at all and most people hunt in packs. So, go out by yourself ...there is no way to adventure ...you might last an hour ..but you are going to die and lose all your stuff. Count on it. Now, if you have time to develop relationships ....and make in game friends.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME ...its just a stupid game ....I don't want to develop a friggin relationship. Never mind joining a clan and training at your bloodwall to raise skills under the protection of your clan ...just letting your player farm skills .... Nope ...a solo player has only the role of defeated casual player who doesn't want to know anybody. Oh boy what fun. I suppose I could always get divorced and lose my job and make lots of in game firiends ...until I find my clothes on the front lawn.
#6 Posted by GhostOfSparta4 (28 posts) -

Your sig makes this thread ironic. Carebear. 

#8 Posted by damage6805 (3 posts) -

Darrow.. why would having gaming buddys turn into a divorce?  Does your wife not allow you to make friends via the internet?  

#9 Posted by pSick888 (2 posts) -

hlmcpherson
Full looting really took a hold of me during Shadowbane.

Full Loot is actually what makes this game the most intense pvp out there.  Because you have everthing to lose, but everything to gain.  There is nothind more satsifying then being in a heated 1 on 1 with somone for 5 mins and killing them.  Then all there shiny stuff is yours now.  Also the Braveheart like battles 50 on 50 in an open field!  Words cannot describe.

damage6805
Agree 100%. This is the only sand box game like this, and really seperates itself from other games. The game demands talent.
#10 Posted by savagedm (3 posts) -

Darrow.. why would having gaming buddys turn into a divorce?  Does your wife not allow you to make friends via the internet?  

damage6805

If it's anything like my life, it's because he has a 40+ hr/week job that requires a lot of commitment to do, a SO that also wants oodles of attention when you aren't working, and the occasional 4-6 hour block maybe once or twice a week at *best* to play games.  Because of that, while there is time to develop the kind of social circle this game requires to survive, it **** sucks to spend 2-3 weeks just finding people to talk to you and let you into their group.  Then there's all other kinds of social obligations that come with being part of a roving group of marauders.  All in all, it's just more trouble than it's worth for someone who doesn't have much time to game.

That's not saying this game is bad for people who do have this time, it looks excellent actually.  But people like us would rather focus on games we can pick up and not worry about **** we gotta deal with in everyday life because our time in games is very limited.

#11 Posted by hlmcpherson (50 posts) -
I have to recant, I bought the game. There, that makes you happy, right? :)
#12 Posted by QuitLying (4 posts) -
[QUOTE="hlmcpherson"]

pSick888
Full looting really took a hold of me during Shadowbane.

damage6805
Agree 100%. This is the only sand box game like this, and really seperates itself from other games. The game demands talent.

Man I am really getting annoyed by this comment. ONLY GAME LIKE WHAT?? Mortal Online is a full loot game and it has 0 safe zone like this dumbed down (compared to Darkfall 1) game. Also with the new patch Mortal Online just had GREATLY improving the performance of the entire game as well as visual improvements it blows Darkfall Unholy Wars out of the water. Just know Darkfall Unholy Wars IS NOT the only FULL LOOT game and with Mortal you get no safe zones. The lawful players can be attacked anywhere at anytime. I played Unholy Wars beta and also Played since their last patch. Game is no where near as smooth as Mortal...I mean it isn't even in the same ballpark and now that Mortal in the last patch said they switch anti cheat system to the same one the big boys like WOW uses this is truly a great time to come and have a look. PS you can make a free account to see for your self. GOOD DAY TO ALL AND .... STOP LYING!
#13 Posted by QuitLying (4 posts) -

Man I am really getting annoyed by this comment. ONLY GAME LIKE WHAT?? Mortal Online is a full loot game and it has 0 safe zone like this dumbed down (compared to Darkfall 1) game. Also with the new patch Mortal Online just had GREATLY improving the performance of the entire game as well as visual improvements it blows Darkfall Unholy Wars out of the water. Just know Darkfall Unholy Wars IS NOT the only FULL LOOT game and with Mortal you get no safe zones. The lawful players can be attacked anywhere at anytime. I played Unholy Wars beta and also Played since their last patch. Game is no where near as smooth as Mortal...I mean it isn't even in the same ballpark and now that Mortal in the last patch said they switch anti cheat system to the same one the big boys like WOW uses this is truly a great time to come and have a look. PS you can make a free account to see for your self. GOOD DAY TO ALL AND .... STOP LYING!

...0 safe zones UNLIKE*** this