Rate my build???

#1 Posted by RevengeKILL (25 posts) -
Ive been playing Dark Souls for a little over 200hrs now and im Slvl 161. I was wondering if people could rate my build and give some feedback as to what could work better. Thanks Stats: Vit- 50 Att-11 End-50 Str-61 Dex-35 Res-20 Int-11 Fai-11 Weapon: Man Serp GS MAX and pine resin 2nd Slot: Max Shotel Raw Shield: Crest Shield MAX Armor: ALL MAX Head- Black Iron Helm Chest- Giants Armor Arms- Black Iron Legs- Havels Ring 1-Havel Ring 2-Favor and Protection Its a simple strenth build and I have found it very effective. Even more so with people who try to go blow for blow with me. My character is deseptively quick and able to keep up with runners. However, id like to know what I could do
#2 Posted by darmok_the_good (122 posts) -
Looks tough, I wouldn't want to fight him! I would say however that if you were to re-build a similar character, I wouldn't take the strength so high due to diminished returns, and instead, invest some stats into faith so that you can use sunlight blade on your serpent gsword and shotel. And, don't level up your resistance. With 40 faith, sunlight blade significantly out damages all pine resins, plus you'll have higher magic resistance. If you cap your strength somewhere between 40 or 50, you'll still do awesome damage.
#3 Posted by Cpt_Marcelianto (50 posts) -
If you are going for a strength build then go for demons greataxe, it has a S modifier and can be enchanted a +15
#4 Posted by HamTheBacon (25 posts) -
I NEVER suggest you use the demon greataxe, yes it does have a S scaling with strength but it still does about the same damage as the stone greataxe but the SG has a much better moveset. Your build is pretty good strength wise though I suggest you dont use Havel's gear, try using some steel set pieces as they have huge physical defense and havel's is just to heavy for its bad defence its only good for the poise and thats it.
#5 Posted by Mighty-Lu-Bu (1652 posts) -

I NEVER suggest you use the demon greataxe, yes it does have a S scaling with strength but it still does about the same damage as the stone greataxe but the SG has a much better moveset. Your build is pretty good strength wise though I suggest you dont use Havel's gear, try using some steel set pieces as they have huge physical defense and havel's is just to heavy for its bad defence its only good for the poise and thats it.HamTheBacon

Sorry, but that is just crappy advice. The Demon's Great axe is one of the most powerful weapons in game and the Stone Great Axe pales in comparison. The Stone great axe is heavier which means more stamina drain (and slower) and it doesn't do nearly as much damage as the Demon's Great axe.

At 48 Strength, and 13 dexterity, the Stone Great Axe does roughly 527 damage. At the same stats the Demon's Great Axe does roughly 657 damge. The Stone Great Axe is completely outclassed. In fact, the Greataxe also out damages the Stone Great Axe with similar stats and it almost weighs half as much. The Stone Great Axe is a pure crap weapon.