Gravelord Disasters

#1 Posted by MikeFlavaz (188 posts) -

Been playing this game religously since it's release. Pre release, this gravelord infliction was leaked to affect 3 players worlds at random and spawn phantoms from a location until you killed the host phantom or something to that effect. I'm pretty positive that never happened. After some more reading, it seems that it inflicts the difficulty on 3 random worlds or something to that effect. I see the message pop up all the time.."Disasters are gone after the defeat of the gravelord servant." Afer I see that message, I always laugh and think to myself...I didn't notice a single thing different, difficulty or otherwise.

So...What does this do exactly and has anyone noticed any effect in there world because of it?

#2 Posted by LionHeartAOD (46 posts) -

ive had this before too but had no idea what it ment lol but i didnt notice anything different with the game :/

#3 Posted by TomPiller (74 posts) -

The "disasters" are supposed to be black phantoms - enemies that spawn in certain areas that are harder to kill:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Gravelord+Servant

I've gotten the message many times, but never encountered any of these black phantoms myself.  One time, I did find the Gravelord summon sign and was able to invade their world.  I ended up losing and was sent back to my game, didn't notice anything different.

#4 Posted by SoreThumbsBill (163 posts) -
Unless you are in NG+ you will not see any change. Those Black Phantoms have tons of health and can 1 shot kill you.
#5 Posted by jwsoul (5297 posts) -
Unless you are in NG+ you will not see any change. Those Black Phantoms have tons of health and can 1 shot kill you.SoreThumbsBill
Yep which they have done to me. Place i encountered some was the chapel which either leads on to the blacksmith or you go up to face the Gargoyle. Where you find a Fire Keeper Soul just below a statues feet. Multiple Hard Hitting Black Phantoms spawn here.