Dark Souls: Prepare to Sleep Edition

User Rating: 3.5 | Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition PC
This game is a waste of time and money. Here's why:

- Litte to no checkpoints makes you replay the same sections before a boss, and once you die to the boss you have to replay all of it again.

- Parrying is useless, and still makes you take damage. Better to just spam attack and make the enemy flinch in most cases.

- The UI and accessibility is very "raw" and unpolished, and switching between sets of weapons/spells is hard to figure because your controls are always adapted to whatever you have equipped in your right hand.

Most games without any sort of (regular) checkpoints are still fine, because guess what, the gameplay is fun. Here locking into the enemy is a pain in the ass if he's not in line of sight, and the gameplay is boring and repetitive and makes you vomit each time you have to kill all those minor critters before you get to the boss. Games that are actually good might have fun and repetitive gameplay, but like I said this one is boring and repetitive gameplay. Shame.

And once you do get to the boss, you only receive a key to open the next passage and not awesome loot or items. No reward for all the hassle. This game is a real test to see how can you endure boredom, and last time I checked games are meant to be fun.

I don't mind an hard game at all, but this game is hard AND hardcore, and that I don't like. Let it be hard but have sections, not be hard and go back all the way to the beginning of the map to make me vomit.

Still can't believe it got so many high scores from review sites, I just alt+f4'd all over it and uninstalled.