Does Crysis 3 have open-world gameplay?

#1 Posted by Feedbackula (12 posts) -

Can I, at the end of the game, traverse back to where I fought stuff earlier in the game? Are we talking open-world like Red Dead Redemption or Dark Souls or Assassin's Creed?

#2 Posted by LordRork (2690 posts) -
Nothing of the sort. While the levels are modestly sized, this is a fairly standard linear shooter where you move from mission to mission. If you're hoping for Far Cry 3 with a nanosuit...you will be cruelly disappointed.
#3 Posted by Simplythebest12 (25 posts) -

The game is very linear and short. It is not a Sandbox game

#4 Posted by Feedbackula (12 posts) -

Ok. I see. Thanks for the answers. There's a fresh idea though. A nanosuit in a Far Cry type of world. When will they ever?

#5 Posted by operationode (151 posts) -

NO!

#6 Posted by mcavcil (9 posts) -
The story ending points of something like that. Maybe Crysis 4 in a tropic island...
#7 Posted by skipper847 (3182 posts) -

The game is very linear and short. It is not a Sandbox game

Simplythebest12

I thought that what this game was. Im sure i saw even from EA it said it was a Sandbox game and that it was there selling point. Companies need there advertising staff sacked or reviewed as like Alien colonial marines they where advertising that game like it was the start of next gen graphics and what a load of rubbish that was in the end.

#8 Posted by onuruca (2872 posts) -

Ok. I see. Thanks for the answers. There's a fresh idea though. A nanosuit in a Far Cry type of world. When will they ever?

Feedbackula

Are you joking or serious? Play Crysis 1...

#9 Posted by NTM23 (148 posts) -

I don't think you understood where Prophet was; maybe you either don't remember, or you didn't play the original Crysis, but that was the first shack Nomad, or you as a player can go into at the beginning of the original Crysis on Ling Shan islands. I think it was a pretty good call back. The ending isn't hinting at anything with that, other than to make the fans go "Oh yeah! I remember that place!"

#10 Posted by Leansipper030 (1 posts) -
try crackdown
#11 Posted by Matas_0R_Not (50 posts) -

play prototype 2- instead of aliens you get zombies, instead of a suite you get a mutated bodie of a soldier, its a sandbox game, not a stealth game, not a fps, dont think i helped you but still... it's a good game about killing zombies.