If Halloween has a videogame you play every year, this is it.
coop36 wrote this review on .
- this game is rich in the childish halloween atmosphere, but not so much it cant be enjoyed by an adult.
- the fighting is simple, but not dumb. Ex: my 5 and 9 year old nephews played this game all day without becoming confused or stuck. They loved it.
- The art style actually was a great choice, some animations (especially in the fighting) were surprisingly cool.
- Collecting all the new costumes was the main obsession for me in this game. They well thought out for the most part.
- I hate to be so picky, but this game wouldve been a tad better with voice acting. The back and forth chatter has alot of personality which could have been better if spoken.
- the method of initiating combat becomes very repetative after awhile. Going house to house trick or treating you either get candy, or fight a monster. Slightly better then random battles though.
- When it comes down to it, there isnt that much to do. Basically it is collecting candy (to buy battle stamps), fight, and collect costume pieces. Everything else is so minor its not really worth mention.
- I felt it would have been better if you werent limited to using only ONE battle stamp per person. You have about 30+ to choose from..
Overall the bads dont overshadow everything done right in this simple fun rpg. It was well worth the $15 I spent for it and will absolutely become a Halloween tradition for me.