A very detailed review. Includes 2 screenshot packs @ 1600x1200 Resolution. Max GFX FULL AA/AF
Raziel-Jcd wrote this review on .
1. A introduction to a great universe and story.
2. Story is engaging and original.
3. Very disturbing story elements, no pointless objectives. (This games has some very disturbing images and for once its not pointless)
4. Almost everything is explained, why its happening, why its you, and what the stacks are.
5. Has the potential of becoming a great series just like Half-Life
1. I don't think this game/story is for everyone. The whole Native American story backbone wont appeal to everyone, but trust me it fits in perfect and its VERY new.
1. The organic things look a lot better then they did in Doom 3. You can clearly see the upgrades made to the Doom 3 engine. Personally i think this engine is perfect for a organic/mechanical architecture.
2. The metal looks like metal, i didn't notice any plastic over it. For the most part.
3. The wall walk Platforms looked great, so did the portals.
1. Tho the game isn't NEARLY as dark as Doom 3, (you use your lighter maybe 2 times for about 5-10 secs each.) It still has this dim look to it. This isn't a bad thing just you cant enjoy the detail put into most of the aliens. That and you never get close to them.
1. Yes its the Doom 3 engine so it still suffers from its weaknesses, just not nearly as much as Doom 3.
1. The #1 thing going for Prey, GAMEPLAY! FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!
2. 100% original i mean you have not played a game like this before. EVERY PUZZIL is 100% new i mean your going to be flipping walls, while walking on the side trying to get to the top while being shot at from the right and bottom. CRAZY!
3. Wall walking and gravity flipping MAJOR points.
4. Spirit walking very fun and keeps you tense. Don't leave your body at the wrong time or ELSE! Plus your using this feature throughout the whole game while wall walking and gravity flipping. It all just comes together seamlessly.
5. A new way to play a game with a new way of battling and fighting.
6. Quake 4 was terrible, in my opinion all it had going for it where the bosses. They where huge and fun to fight, plus somewhat challenging. Well this game makes Quake 4's bosses look like strawberries, this game has some of the most fun and best Bose fights.
7. Some really epic battles.
8. Portal battles/puzzles, there is this one part of the game where its all these chambers, its really a maze. Now your running around blasting these aliens away but its crazy because you see yourself running on the other side of the map while your chasing a alien while seeing a alien chasing you on the other side of the map while trying to not shoot yourself, or running from a nade while you really are running towards it.......AHHHH MY HEAD!
1. You are immortal in this game, meaning you cant die. Basically you don't need to save once. Every time your life reaches zero you go into this realm where you need to shoot these flying weird birds. There are 2 kinds one for your spirit energy and one for your life. You have to shoot as many as possible to regain life/energy then you go back exactly where you "Died" and all the enemies are exactly where you left them with exactly the same life. It works out perfect with the story. Plus it releases some tension.
1. Again being immortal wont appeal to everyone and even tho you'll be entering the realm a lot, you can imagine how many times you would have loaded if it wasn't for this feature. Makes the game to easy if looked at in the wrong way.
1. All weapons are organic. They just look awesome!
2. Somewhat original concepts. Its like yes some of the guns work like in other games. Rockets, Chain gun, grenades, etc. But in this game they work really weird, it just makes all of them feel different and new.
3. There is this one gun, you get it very early in the game, think its the 2nd gun you get. Thing is this guns ammo is what it absorbs. For example there are these stations and whatever you leach is what your gun shoots. This is is the strongest but yet one of the weakest also. Nice idea and it gets VERY useful at the end. Not to mention the strongest energy leach for it sounds and looks AWSOME!
4. Most guns feel and sound very powerful.
1. Some people will argue the weapons arent that original. I don't agree i think they are very original.
1. Good length took me about 13-14 hours to beat, took 1 break because i had to.
1. This game must have been a pain to make. I mean holy **** they have to think in 4 dimensions to make this game. Top bottom left right, seamless portals all over the place, spite walking, wall walking, gravity flipping! Completely mind blowing.
2. Ironically beautiful world.
1. It works for this game. AI isn't insanely good like in FEAR but that isn't the focus. The AI is smart but not smart some guys stay back use cover some full out charge you. Some look like they are dancing lol trust me it looks funny but very weird at the same time. Some try to fly towards you but have this chaotic movement.
1. Story really unfolds at the end.
2. I thought the game was going to end about 4-5 times
3. Check out what happens after the credits. OoOooooOooooo
1. Not as epic looking as FEARS or Half-Life's but it sure as hell holds its ground.
1. Now we wait for Prey 2
1. Nothing amazing, but it does its jobs. Mostly Native American music some other sounds etc. Does it job all that matters.
This is a must have for any gamer. It brings a lot of new and does very little old. Extremely fun and engaging story. Fair amount of horror, a lot of action, a lot of story, a lot of potential. This is a mix of Science fiction, religious beliefs and drama/love story. Yes your saving the world, yes your shooting aliens but its all different. Your doing it upside down or any direction. Your flipping gravity and leaving your body behind. Your immortal and its fun! Everything is explained nothing is left behind. Not to mention the puzzles, combat is fun but once you see some of the architecture for the puzzles your going to be amazed. Simply put this is a rare breed of game and it will be a shame if you miss it.
Check out the ration on new and old in this game!
1. Portals (The way they are used, the way the work, the way the effect game play and level design.)
2. Wall walking (No ladders in this game, BEARLY any stairs. Again effects level design like crazy and adds a new level of game play while in battles or puzzles)
3. Spirit walking (Once again effects game play and puzzles and level design)
4. Gravity Flipping (Yup you guessed it effects game play and puzzles oh ya and level design)
5. Now all of those used a lone are new, now think about all put together, that's a completely different ballgame!
6. Story (Indian nature, background mixed with alien invasion, mixed with drama and horror....Love it.)
5. Weapons (I think they are new and most people i believe will agree)
1. Aliens (OK yes but so is Half-Life.)
2. Bosses (Big room epic battles, its old but they do it very good and its a blast to fight these aliens.)
92% for my Final score and i cant wait for Prey 2!
I know I'm missing some key points but ya if i remember ill edit.
The vote has multiple voting options.
If you agree with my score/Review. Yes or No
If your buying Prey 2. Yes or No, Maybe
Screenshot Pack #1: http://files.filefront.com/Prey_Screenshot_Pack_1/;5246682;;/fileinfo.html
Screenshot Pack #2: http://files.filefront.com/Prey_Screenshot_Pack_2_2/;5248664;;/fileinfo.html
Screenshot Pack Details:
GFX: ALL MAX
My previous Reviews:
SiN: Emergence Episode 1: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105725
Half-Life 2 Episode 1: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106871