Been there, blah blah.

#1 Posted by Ballor8512 (1 posts) -
Why do companies do this to paying customers? I really do hope Rome total war 2 does not disappoint. But, CA will.
#2 Posted by sextus1 (740 posts) -

It's called milking the cow. I mean, really, how many ways are there to skin a rabbit. The TW series has had an exemplary history so far and I do not believe that will change.

Sic volvere Parcas " so spin the Fates".

#3 Posted by hochiminer (3 posts) -
I really do hope Rome total war 2 does not disappoint. But, CA will.Ballor8512
CA does not disappoint ever
#4 Posted by stan_hg (39 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ballor8512"]I really do hope Rome total war 2 does not disappoint. But, CA will.hochiminer
CA does not disappoint ever

you wish

the truth is that CA focus on the streamlining as all other big studios and dont care about the core gameplay( they add flashy

not needed things)

see for example what a few modders can do with their Medieval2 ( Stainless Steel, Third Age) game and compare it CA late work

#6 Posted by Neo_Sarevok (2973 posts) -

CA is very different. They don't release a sequel to a game every year like Activision does with Assassin's Creed. CA heavily tests their games and listens to community feedback, as evident by Shogun 2's gameplay/control improvements. Every game CA releases also heavily redefines each and every unit's graphical quality, the map display, improves controls, improves AI, and more.

CA also doesn't take the easy way out: Shogun 1 was so old and inferior that a release of Shogun 2 needed to be a completely different game, and they delivered. When they release their sequels, they deliver enough fresh content to raise eyebrows.

#7 Posted by Ballor8512 (1 posts) -
Hate to say it...I told you so.