GameSpot Reviews

Player Reviews

Average Player Score Based on 171 ratings
7.8
Please Sign In to rate Chime
Score Breakdown Based on 171 ratings
  1. 10 (8)
  2. 9 (50)
  3. 8 (79)
  4. 7 (23)
  5. 6 (7)
  6. 5 (1)
  7. 4 (1)
  8. 3 (1)
  9. 2 (1)
  10. 1 (0)

Most Helpful Positive Player Reviews

What Gamespot Users have to say about Chime

  • User Rating 7.5

    Soothing musical puzzler that can keep you occupied for hours!

    Rated on February 05, 2010 by PradJ

    I bought this game because my internet connection was playing up and I could no longer play mulitplayer games without experiencing excessive lag. So, this new puzzler seemed like a good idea, since it...

    1 out of 2 found this review helpful.
  • User Rating 8.5

    A pleasant experience everytime.

    Rated on February 06, 2010 by kibbik

    I've never had a warm fuzzy feeling from a puzzler before... The combination of the beat line and quads adds up to...so right. it's fun just placing quads on different areas of the boards so it's lik...

    0 out of 1 found this review helpful.
  • User Rating 8.5

    Don't be fooled into thinking this is a forgettable experiment to bring goodwill and gaming together.

    Rated on February 08, 2010 by PAJ89

    Charity and video games might seem like an unusual combination, but it's one that works if Chime is anything to go by: no less than 60% of the five pound/400 point charge goes to various charities aro...

    1 out of 1 found this review helpful.
  • User Rating 8.5

    A brilliant mix between relaxing visuals, great music and fantastic gameplay.

    Rated on September 28, 2010 by OthrandorEvel

    The good thing about the current wave of Indie games (mostly on Steam) is that 90% of them are great, and Chime is not part of the remaining 10%. It mixes in an unexpectedly great way Tetris-like puzz...

    1 out of 1 found this review helpful.
  • User Rating 8.5

    Addictive, relaxing but peppy Tetris-like game with amazing music and atmosphere.

    Rated on December 07, 2010 by mwiedmann

    In this addictive game you have a large grid where you place random Tetris style piece. The object is to fill up the entire grid so you want to be as efficient as possible with your placements. You ha...

    0 out of 0 found this review helpful.
  • User Rating 8

    A fun variation on Tetris that intertwines music and collecting blocks.

    Rated on December 20, 2010 by acousticpicker

    Gameplay: 4/5 + I really like the idea that this game is built around. Instead of falling vertical blocks like Tetris, you have the direct control over where on the board to place each uniquely shap...

    0 out of 0 found this review helpful.
  • User Rating 9

    $5 for an addictive puzzler and a good cause.

    Rated on December 24, 2010 by bowlingotter

    It is not often that you will find a game that is easy to grasp, addicting, inexpensive, and benefits charity at the same time. But you get all of this from Chime, a puzzle game from developer Zoë Mod...

    2 out of 2 found this review helpful.
  • User Rating 8

    Like Tetris on a board.. With music! (Ever played Daedalian Opus.. Anyone?)

    Rated on December 29, 2010 by WitteKraai

    If you haven't played Daedalian Opus (look it up,) and chances are slim that you have, this is your second chance. I played the demo for this game on the 360 and thought that it was cute and a nice th...

    0 out of 0 found this review helpful.
  • User Rating 8

    Nice low-fi fun for a few hours

    Rated on March 14, 2011 by perhow

    If you don't know what this is - basically it's musical tetris but with a more forgiving approach. This reduces the tension (and frankly the stress) compared to something like tetris, making it a lo-...

    0 out of 0 found this review helpful.
  • User Rating 7

    Chime is addicting, but not for long.

    Rated on December 04, 2011 by Anonymoe

    Pros: Satisfying and addicting shape-fitting gameplay; Music aspect of gameplay is neat; A portion of proceeds go to charity Cons: Not much content included even for $5 Originally if you bought...

    0 out of 0 found this review helpful.