Is This a bad game?

#1 Posted by elmerfud43 (106 posts) -
I have seen a lot of people hating on this game. Why do they hate it so much? I've watched a couple of gameplay videos, and the environments look awesome and the graphics look amazing. I've only heard positive things about this MW3. Now I'm going to check out Battlefield 3 because I've only heard positive things about it too. Why do so much people say MW3 sucks? Is it the gameplay or multiplayer?
#2 Posted by LegendAz (21 posts) -
Well it definitely has it's ups and downs, check out this video i have posted online and tell me if you think it seems fair :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1cRwZCrcSI
#3 Posted by Hebaphrenic (48 posts) -
The game is awesome. Its the campers and hackers that make CODMW suck now.
#4 Posted by Blade_Runner_07 (192 posts) -

I've been playing alot of MW2 lately. MW3 is a godsend.

The quick-scoping, duel wielding shotguns, network instability made that game so frustrating. MW3 fixed everything MW2 did wrong. Too bad that's all it did.

MW3 = MW2.5 thats just the way it is and the way it will always be. That's MW3's story.

#5 Posted by NicAgent (4686 posts) -
It's not a "bad" game but since IW did astonishingly little to improve it from MW2 makes its appeal evaporate rapidly... just wait for Black Ops 2, it's already known that Treyarch is going to take the series in a brand new direction; IW a year ago just said "ehh alright MW3 is coming out in November".
#6 Posted by sharpshooter188 (4328 posts) -
People tend to hate whats popular. I like it because its competitive. Though to be honest I mainly play because the controls and aiming are the tightest I've EVER seen on a console shooter. Been like that for all the cods. If I had the tight controls of this on Battlefield, I'd be playing that.
#7 Posted by bryjoered2007 (96 posts) -

Game is pretty bad. It's not bad because it is necessarily worse than other interations in the series, it is bad because they clearly just released it to make money off of the original masterpiece COD MW1. The maps are just terrible, cramped and have the worst spawns I've ever seen in a shooter. The akimbo smgs are just rediculously overpowered, and require no skill to dominate with at all. This game is becoming more and more like Madden. It has an undisputed monopoly on the genre and therefore, they can release unorginal garbage every year and still sell millions of copies. They will probably continue to release this unispired poop until they see significant loss in sales, and this may never happen.

I'm a COD fan, even played the original and loved every second of MW1, but BF3 beats this game in every regard. The guns are more realistic, the maps are epic and fantastic and the vehicles are better than the killstreaks. I appreciate and agree that COD is the undisputed best close quarter small team shooter on the market. I'm even going to be a hypocrite and pick up Black Ops 2 in november, but Infinity Ward will never get my money again, until I see GLOWING reviews from both the community and game sites.

#8 Posted by Torino818 (149 posts) -

Its not a bad game, its just an okay game.  But in series know for great games that makes it bad.  Plus its more of just MW2 continued with bug fixes.

#9 Posted by Vraeth (1208 posts) -

If you liked CoD 4 and BO you'll think this sucks. If you have horrible taste and liked MW2, you'll think this piece of trash is great. It fixed MW2's bugs, but failed to fix any of the core gameplay issues (Spawns, OP killstreaks, camping, vertical maps, etc.)

MW2 was cruise control for cheese players.

In fact, I'd bet the idiots who like Nuketown in BO also like MW2 due to the same, skilless gameplay of that map has in common with MW2's entire MP.

#10 Posted by gangster480 (856 posts) -

It is certainly not a bad game. Infact it is the best multiplayer experience out there. I only hate the campers but there are ways to deal with them. You can have fun from playing it and as with anything once you get good you won't want to stop. It really suck you in.

MW2 is still my fav though. I know that MW3 balanced out a lot of the multiplayer. However, i can't help but feel everyone is weak now. In MW2, everyone was powerful and noobtube is a sure way to take care of campers. Some would probably argue there were some overpower tools given to the players in MW2 but at the end of the day it is fair because everyone is powerful and you have a fighting chance with what ever you are given if you are good at the game.

#11 Posted by gangster480 (856 posts) -

Oh and people hate it because they hate success. A lot of people love this game and play everyday. It is only the few that hates the game that swarm every videos leaving hate comments and low ratings. They are very vocal about their oppinions and will go to great lengths to make people think the way they do. Don't quote me on this but I believe most of them are PC gamers who has the best version of battlefield 3 and got screwed over with the whole dedicated server thing in MW2.

#12 Posted by djshowstopper87 (451 posts) -

I think this game is garbage honestly, and it boogles my mind that so many people think its good (and the entire Call of Duty franchise in general). I like COD during the COD4 and MW2 days (even though that game had a ton of glitches at launch). Then the same game was repackaged every year and the games lost their appeal (at least to me). Black ops was just okay but I got tired of it in like 2 months, but MW 3 is just a recycled game that is garbage all around. The only reason I even got it was because all my friends are in with the hype of these games, and annoyed me into getting it. 

MW3 has proabably the worse maps in the series history, then to go along with that this game has GOD AWFUL respawns where you will literally spawn right in front of an enemey or take one step and instantly get killed and there is nothing you can do about it.  Then, there is the cheap/ overpowered and noob guns mainly the shotguns in this game.  Its pretty stupid that someone can kill you in one shot with a shotty from halfway across the map in this game. I mean how can a shotgun have the same range as an assualt rifle? Just plain ol stupid. And lastly, the community BLOWS for this game. 95% of the players camp, corner camp, spawn camp or whatever its just lame and takes no skill (which is why this game is so popular).  Its just sad to me that legitmatly good games get passed over in favor of rehashed garbage like this every year.  But what's the point in complaining these games aren't going anywhere cows are happy buying the same game every year so what's the point? Ugh at least there are some companies left that do something inovative with games unlike Activision/ Infinity Ward/ Sledghammer. 

#13 Posted by NicAgent (4686 posts) -

If you liked CoD 4 and BO you'll think this sucks. If you have horrible taste and liked MW2, you'll think this piece of trash is great. It fixed MW2's bugs, but failed to fix any of the core gameplay issues (Spawns, OP killstreaks, camping, vertical maps, etc.)

In fact, I'd bet the idiots who like Nuketown in BO also like MW2 due to the same, skilless gameplay of that map has in common with MW2's entire MP.

Vraeth
Lol my tastes are horrible I guess - MW2 was actually my favorite COD - customisable killstreaks, graphics, weapon attachments, it was awesome . But on the other hand I totally agree that MW3 is a piece of trash. Simply put - they didn't try. They took what they did on MW2 and re-arranged it. I will say though that IW and Sledge probably didn't get a chance to try - they were bogged down by the lawsuits of early-2010 and thus pre-production of MW3 was delayed, but not its eventual release date. Less time to work on it = inferior product.
#14 Posted by NicAgent (4686 posts) -

Vraeth
Lol my tastes are horrible I guess - MW2 was actually my favorite COD - customisable killstreaks, graphics, weapon attachments, it was awesome . But on the other hand I totally agree that MW3 is a piece of trash. Simply put - they didn't try. They took what they did on MW2 and re-arranged it. I will say though that IW and Sledge probably didn't get a chance to try - they were bogged down by the lawsuits of early-2010 and thus pre-production of MW3 was delayed, but not its eventual release date. Less time to work on it = inferior product.
#15 Posted by Trollol56 (341 posts) -

its a great game, cant really say its not,

Its just how some people play the game which i believe makes it crap, that and crappy connection 

#16 Posted by bryjoered2007 (96 posts) -

It's not a terrible game. It is just the worst call of duty yet, with horrible maps terrible respawns and ZERO innovation. I hate MW3 with a passion, but it's just like any other major franchise people will buy the new half-assed interation every year just based on it's name, while the only reason that people buy it is because of one really exceptional innovative title in the past (COD 4 MW1). COD would be nothing, a fart in the wind, if it wasn't for how good COD 4 was. I'm glad to see that activision is ruining another franchise. I think black ops 2 will be better than this trash it reall wouldn't have to do much at all to be better, just one little shred of creativity and innovation an voila it's better.

#17 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

I have seen a lot of people hating on this game. Why do they hate it so much? I've watched a couple of gameplay videos, and the environments look awesome and the graphics look amazing. I've only heard positive things about this MW3. Now I'm going to check out Battlefield 3 because I've only heard positive things about it too. Why do so much people say MW3 sucks? Is it the gameplay or multiplayer?elmerfud43

It's much hated on because it's more of the same and this same is short when it comes to campaign.

You also should know this comparing MW to BF:

CODMW3:
Single Player Campaign: Awesome
Multiplayer: Ok, but nothing all other shooters wouldn't have done before

BF3:
Single Player Campaign: Awful
Mutliplayer: Very awesome