#1 Posted by Ragosta -
Here's a few reasons why I'm okay with Quickscopers
1. Reprisals- players in a lobby figure out who quickscopes and will tend to go after those guys. They'll try C4, corner camping, counter sniping, CQC or even fighting fire with fire.
2. Satisfaction- its extremely satisfying to kill one, and even more satisfying to win the match.
3. Not a Guaranteed Kill- If the first shot misses, and even if it does hit, ballistics easily fix that. It can't beat something that was designed for CQC combat like an MP7 or a suped up shottie.
4. Encourages teamwork- on several occasions, I've seen people subconsciously group together to avoid getting scoped. Its a great way to galvanize the other team.
5. Predictability- This has to do more with the way you get killed by a quickscoper, you tend to either encounter them more. Less experienced snipers will have about half a second to draw a bead on you before firing.
So the next time you see a quickscoper, give him a salute before you shot him because if it wasn't for him, COD would be a dull, boring place to be.