Call of Duty: Black Ops Question
I don't know what you're talking about but I didn't had such things with my retail of MW2. I just bought it, installed it and launched it. I didn't install Steam or something, it just worked fine. You should have contacted Infinity Ward not Valve, because IW developed the game. MW2 already has dedicated servers, so I think not - you won't need Steam for that.
There currently is no way to tell. We will probably find out tomorrow, but I can say this
Dedicated servers are confirmed, but that does NOT mean that it wont use Steam. MW2 was P2P run through Steamworks, but you can also run dedicated server games thorough steamworks. The Counter-Strike , Team Fortress, HLDM, and DoD series all use dedicated servers, but are also run through Steam. I think this would be the best way to do things, as Steam can be used as a means to easily invite friends to games, among other things.
So while I am not sure about this, I can say that everyone saying that the game will not be steam based simply because it has dedicated server support is wrong.
Walkthroughs & FAQs
- Player Reviews: 242
- Game Universe:
- Call of Duty: Finest Hour (XBOX, PS2, GC),
- Call of Duty (NGE, PC, PS3, MOBILE, X360, MAC),
- Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (XBOX, GC, PS2),
- Call of Duty 2 (MAC, PC, X360, MOBILE, WINM),
- Call of Duty 3 (X360, PS3, PSP, WII, XBOX, PS2, MOBILE),
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (X360, PS3, PC, DS, MAC, MOBILE, WII),
- Call of Duty: World at War (PC, PS3, X360, WII, DS, WINM),
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC, PS3, X360),
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (PC, PS3, X360, WII, DS, MAC),
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Stimulus Package (X360, PC, PS3)
Call of Duty: Black Ops Navigation