Technically this is a Modern Warfare 4...

#1 Posted by Neo-ganon (5528 posts) -

I mean, the game is about 5-6 years after the Modern Warfare games, which were set in about 2017-18. so its almost like an unofficial modern warfare sequel

#2 Posted by PayneKiller (1896 posts) -

Once it's made by treyarch its NOT a "Modern Warfare" game.

#3 Posted by Neo-ganon (5528 posts) -

yeah but its still a game in the call of duty games. same timeline. same universe

#4 Posted by Vozlov (1508 posts) -

Well there isn't actually anything linking the two series together, at all. Also, I actually have confidence Treyarch won't give us an absolute shambles of a game ala IW and MW3.

#5 Posted by AceMarine45 (570 posts) -

Call of Duty has gone down hill ever since World At War and Modern Warfare 1. They will never match the classics.

#6 Posted by Vozlov (1508 posts) -

Ok? I think there are already threads bashing the game.

How about keeping to those threads instead of just randomly inserting your pointless posts here where they serve NO purpose.

#7 Posted by dkdk999 (6741 posts) -
well theres alot more things characteristic to a "modern warfare" game then being set in the modern day. Games made by treyarch have zombies and so on.
#8 Posted by Emb3r (452 posts) -

Call of Duty has gone down hill ever since World At War and Modern Warfare 1. They will never match the classics.

AceMarine45

world at war and cod4 are FAR from the classics. Try the first Call of duty

#9 Posted by MN121MN (466 posts) -

I doubt 1985 is far into the future...

#10 Posted by RevolverAce (983 posts) -

CoD 2 is my fav.

#11 Posted by AllfadrOdhinn (13 posts) -
Technically, this is another piece of sh*t.
#12 Posted by DeX2010 (3991 posts) -

yeah but its still a game in the call of duty games. same timeline. same universe

Neo-ganon
Treyarch and IW's games are 2 different universes. Yes, technically this is MW4 but they are focussing on a "Cold War 2" as well as the original cold war in the 1980s, and going with that theme, I believe that it's not a modern warfare game even if it is set in the future. Nothing that has happened in IW's universe has happened in Treyarchs and vice-versa.
#13 Posted by maskedmamba (23 posts) -

I doubt 1985 is far into the future...

MN121MN
Lol
#14 Posted by nick_Ste_22 (63 posts) -

05-24-2012"Black Ops" means Classified/Secret operations. Not "OLD OPERATION"

You can have it in the past, future or whenever, it's not like BO is tied to the past.

#15 Posted by Suhn-Sol-Jashin (45 posts) -

Neo-ganon

Well... I don't know about you, but if a dude was about to gas the entire planet with Nova Gas, I think Price would have been there.

Too bad it wasn't his universe, sure it's Earth and it's Call of Duty, but they have nothing to do with eachother. It's like Final Fantasy, they're all in the same 'series' but they have nothing to do with eachother whatsoever.

Price does not exist in Reznov's world.

#16 Posted by Suhn-Sol-Jashin (45 posts) -

I mean, the game is about 5-6 years after the Modern Warfare games, which were set in about 2017-18. so its almost like an unofficial modern warfare sequel

Neo-ganon

MW1 = 2011.

MW2 = 2016.

MW3 = 2016-2017.

I don't see how this is a sequel to those games... This has nothing to do with that series at all.

#17 Posted by twentymooseman (344 posts) -
Agreed. The Russian campaign was so intense. Really, I liked COD until modern warfare 2, then I just got burnt out. I just rent them now or borrow them from a friend.
#18 Posted by Black_Hand_313 (796 posts) -

[QUOTE="AceMarine45"]

Emb3r

4 turned the series into the juggernaut it was, and WAW made people start taking Treyarch's entries seriously. First Call of Duty was good but too much like Medal of Honor for me to call a classic. Finest Hour seemed rather dated for the time and I wasn't impressed at all. Call of Duty 2 was a great game, but 3 was just OK.
#19 Posted by littleboomer (1819 posts) -
[QUOTE="Emb3r"]

[QUOTE="AceMarine45"]

Black_Hand_313

4 turned the series into the juggernaut it was, and WAW made people start taking Treyarch's entries seriously. First Call of Duty was good but too much like Medal of Honor for me to call a classic. Finest Hour seemed rather dated for the time and I wasn't impressed at all. Call of Duty 2 was a great game, but 3 was just OK.

I agree
#20 Posted by TQ_NintyNoE (1671 posts) -

Actually, the Call of Duty games stories are all entwined. It's one universe, it's just that the games don't usually blatently reference each other because two different teams are working on them and the events from each game don't need to be referenced.

Black Ops Nova gas is a precursor to the gas used in MW3, down to even a simiala symbol on the crates transporting them. Captain price is mentioned as being assigned to investigate Mason, and the whole 'Truth/lie/history' theme of Modern Warfare 3 links to Black Ops in many ways, down to similar quotes. 

The games don't need to reference each other. There's no need. There's nothing to suggest they aren't set in the same universe, and there's compelling evidence to say they are. :)

#21 Posted by ThAdEa82 (2261 posts) -

AceMarine45

cod4 and mw2 have the most epic maps

#22 Posted by Diminisher (1006 posts) -

[QUOTE="AceMarine45"]

ThAdEa82

cod4 and mw2 have the most epic maps

MW2 did not have good maps. CoD4 and WaW had good maps. Then Blops 1/2 and then MW3 and then MW2.
#23 Posted by wwervin (10257 posts) -
Uhh.. no. This isn't MODERN warfare. It's FUTURE warfare. Also, the game's story follows Black Ops, not MW3. And then of course you have all the gameplay mechanics that make it nothing like MW3. The entire multiplayer mechanics are changed up and different. You have zombies. You have this alternative story mode. Then you have the campaign which is actually doing some very new things, including the introduction of vehicles such as the VTOL. It is VERY different. "yeah but its still a game in the call of duty games. same timeline. same universe" Actually, no. It's not in the same timeline or universe. Different stories. Different characters. Different events.