League play is complete BS

#1 Posted by Gui_SA (366 posts) -

Usually i play the regular public matches. Right now i'm playing league play for the 5 wins achievement but i'm struggling to get wins.

Everybody is spamming the M8 like there's no tomorrow, retards leaving matches at the first sign of score disavantage which leaves your team crippled for the rest of the match and all i get on my team is clueless scrubs that belong in combat training and should never ever touch league play. If you're gonna go 5-20, please don't search league play matches.

#2 Posted by TAGGER_SK8ER101 (1866 posts) -
I stay clear of league play for that exact reason. I just imagined how often people would be dropping from losing matches.
#3 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

But when you go onto your personal combat record doesn't it show up as a loss? (or surely they have something in place so should someone leave the game early they are either penalised or whatever score they got is added to their record which, we're assuming would be negative)

#4 Posted by marine66 (15 posts) -

Yes, when someone drops out, they get a loss.  I know this b/c sometimes when the host disconnects and everyone gets cut from the game, the WHOLE room gets a loss, which I think is BS.  But at least it is a deterrent to prevent people from dropping off mid-match, even though I still see it quite a bit.

#5 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
I don't play league because it is a joke.I thought it was gonna be fun but I can never get into a match and the people that I get matched with all suck....
#6 Posted by TAGGER_SK8ER101 (1866 posts) -
^ I think you start off playing with sucky people until you are able to be placed in a better group. But I haven't even tried it, so yeah.
#7 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

^ I think you start off playing with sucky people until you are able to be placed in a better group. But I haven't even tried it, so yeah.TAGGER_SK8ER101

Yeah that's pretty much how it works out, you play you're first game to find out you're skill level, and then after that you're (supposedly) placed in a game with others of a similar skill level to you, although not sure how accurate that is as some games I've been made to look like a noob, and in others I've been made to look like the best player around, so possible that it is not completely infallable, but is fairly good idea. 

#8 Posted by jJaAmMeEsS2184 (887 posts) -

Usually i play the regular public matches. Right now i'm playing league play for the 5 wins achievement but i'm struggling to get wins.

Everybody is spamming the M8 like there's no tomorrow, retards leaving matches at the first sign of score disavantage which leaves your team crippled for the rest of the match and all i get on my team is clueless scrubs that belong in combat training and should never ever touch league play. If you're gonna go 5-20, please don't search league play matches.

Gui_SA

the problem with league play is there is not enough ppl playin it...I tried it and just absolutly crushed ppl till I got placed...made it to gold...then every match took f..o..r..e..v..e..r..to start because there just isnt enough ppl that play it...I tried it again only to try out a few weapon options..and there were like 1,000 ppl playin thruout the whole series (all three modes i mean)...its a good idea but probably will only be on BO2 and not be back in the future..

it is near impossible for the servers to match you with "like" players when there is only a handful to choose from especially when you are tryin to get in a game and others are already playin etc...

more ppl need to play that is the real problem with league play..I thought is was fun at first go 'round but sitting there waiting for a match to begin sucks.

#9 Posted by flowersjf (2856 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gui_SA"]

Usually i play the regular public matches. Right now i'm playing league play for the 5 wins achievement but i'm struggling to get wins.

jJaAmMeEsS2184

the problem with league play is there is not enough ppl playin it...I tried it and just absolutly crushed ppl till I got placed...made it to gold...then every match took f..o..r..e..v..e..r..to start because there just isnt enough ppl that play it...I tried it again only to try out a few weapon options..and there were like 1,000 ppl playin thruout the whole series (all three modes i mean)...its a good idea but probably will only be on BO2 and not be back in the future..

it is near impossible for the servers to match you with "like" players when there is only a handful to choose from especially when you are tryin to get in a game and others are already playin etc...

more ppl need to play that is the real problem with league play..I thought is was fun at first go 'round but sitting there waiting for a match to begin sucks.

Exactly, typically when I do league play there are usually around 500-600 people online and it takes a long time to get a game going like you mentioned. But for some reason I get less bullet lag when I do league play and I tend to do a lot better on there then I do on public match.