is black op 2 just a clone to mw3 multiplayer?

#1 Posted by ITLM16 (121 posts) -

i really enjoyed the black ops1 MP because it felt like you could be smart and strategise whilst keeping the game at a fast pace (my favourite cod mp so far); and i was hype for BO2 but having played it for roughly 6 hours i am getting that same feel that of MW3 MP where you are in a constant frenzy lunatic mode and having to keep turning to your back every 2 seconds just to make sure no one shoots you in the back, most of the time i notice that if you kill someone, you get killed by another you was unaware was there. to me is seems far too hectic and leaves you too little time to think or do anything.

please no fanboyism or anything like that, i really would like to know what you really think of the multiplayer because im feeling dissappointed with it but like i said i have only played 6 hours so far and maybe thats not enough time to make a full inform judgement just yet.

thanks in advance

#2 Posted by erMonezza (355 posts) -

Ummm...

it's posts like this that make me allways rethink about getting BlOps 2.

You're not a troll and not judgemental, but with stating your oppinion about the lunatic frenzy, I did not like that in those free weekends steam had with MW3.

It looks like I'll wait some more for a better online FPS.

Oh well, back to CSS... LOL

#3 Posted by speedytimsi (309 posts) -

To be honest i didnt really like mw3 for some reason.

To answer the question above well yeah it's 1/2 black ops and 1/2 mw3.

But then again since i played fifa and got duped into buying fifa every year at least it's not a complete clone.

#4 Posted by marine66 (15 posts) -

I've been playing COD since COD4 and MW3 was the first one where I stopped playing after 6 months even though I paid for the ridiculous elite dlcs.  It just wasn't fun.  This game has made COD fun for me again.  I agree with the 1/2 BO & 1/2 MW3, which is fine.

#5 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
It really is the same every year, just a few things here and there are different but the overall package is the same...Campaign is the big suprise this year, not that bad really.
#6 Posted by Trollol56 (341 posts) -

I went through a weird phase

Loved black ops 1 from start to finish, hated mw3, then loved it then hated it now i love it 

now blackops 2, hated it for the first 3 hours, then thought it was ok, now i have the urge to send some hatemail to Vonderhaar and i never had this urge before

#7 Posted by modart (86 posts) -

I went through a weird phase

Loved black ops 1 from start to finish, hated mw3, then loved it then hated it now i love it 

now blackops 2, hated it for the first 3 hours, then thought it was ok, now i have the urge to send some hatemail to Vonderhaar and i never had this urge before

Trollol56

yes yes I feel exactly the same way. I'm in the maybe it's ok I guess but I dont know mode.

#8 Posted by MxAa (906 posts) -

Yeah, the game is better then MW3 for me but still not as good as black ops 1. I feel like a lot of the weapons are just recycled MW weapons which is a shame.