I am Domination (and so can you!)

#1 Posted by Ohaidere (3162 posts) -

After a few good games of Domination and a few bad, I've decided to compile a short, easy list of things that help domination and for those prestiegers who don't seem to get the point.

Here we go!

1) Smoke is your friend. Smoke will help you capture; smoke will help you defend. Often times the schmucks on the other team will be absolutely horrified of entering smoke, even if the point is getting captured. They will be afraid if you put that wall in front of a point you own. Of course, target finder can change this, but I've found it's not all that often used at this point.

2) B is key! Let's face it, unless there's a triangular set up to a map, you're not gonna hold A and C. If you take the opposite without holding the middle, you're going to lose your initial point. Often the first team to take B is the team that wins--it gets you those initial points that often are hard to surpass, especially after halftime. This isn't an absolute, but unless you're with an organized team with your friends, you're probably not going to succeed in an A+C pincer win.

3) Assault Riflez!!!ONEONEONE. This is one of the game modes that these babies shine. Since when attacking or defending points you're often at the mid range point, these things can really come in handy. That isn't to say that SMGs aren't a viable option, as in general they're much more versatile than they were in BO or MW1 and 2 (didn't play 3, so no opinion). The simple fact is that you're not running into people at the WTFCLOSERANGEZ that you are in FFA and TDM, so some of their advantage is diminished. Same goes for shotguns. Obviously different maps/situations require different approaches, so it's a judgement call. All I'm saying is that the versatility of the ARs in this mode are very helpful.

4) No one gives a flying **** about your KDR. I'm looking at you Mr. Prestiege 15-5 (or more) with 0 caps and 2 defends. There is no timer on the respawn in this mode. Killing people pointlessly just puts them somewhere else where they'll still be able to run and capture/defend a point. That isn't to say that what you're doing is completely useless, it's just about 100% more useless than anything else you could be doing.

5) CAP TEH POINTZ!!! This kind of goes with 4. If you're not capping points, you're not winning. And if you're not a winner, you're a loser. If I look at the losing team and see a dude with 30-4 with no caps and barely any defends, he/she is still a loser. You played the gamemode wrong. ur bad.

Anyway, I know there's a portion of players who will completely ignore this and insult me and be like "u mad", but honestly, I just wanted to give some easy to use pointers that players who are newer to this wonderful mode can use to make their game more succesful. Honestly, this is one of my favorite game modes, so I'd like to see people play it, and play it in a manner that benefits the pace/mechanics of the mode. It's mini-Battlefield with non-crappy infantry combat, and that's awesome.

Feel free to add any of your own tips, or disagree with mine. Or just discuss the topic. Or just flame people. I really don't care--whatever keeps it bumped.

#2 Posted by Ksan989 (610 posts) -
I can not begin to tell you haw bad this info is, almost everything you said is WRONG and it is what we see the bad's doing. Smoke hurts your own team worse than it helps. Subs rule capture mode. And the others are no help, it is what you are doing in a capture mode game to start with. You must try harder.
#3 Posted by Ohaidere (3162 posts) -

I can not begin to tell you haw bad this info is, almost everything you said is WRONG and it is what we see the bad's doing. Smoke hurts your own team worse than it helps. Subs rule capture mode. And the others are no help, it is what you are doing in a capture mode game to start with. You must try harder.Ksan989

Thank you for your well thought out arguement. I really appreciate the imput.

Except... not.

And you're wrong--please don't be on my team.

EDIT: I should clarify. To the one thing you bothered to even be remotely specific--smoke may not help in an organized match, but we're talking randoms here. Most players don't use targeters at this point, and randoms are horrified of smoke. This isn't just some theory, it's something I've seen time and again across three different CoD games. If you're bold and they're not, you'll get the cap through smoke. I'm sorry if I somehow offended your playstyle of likely not getting any defense points, etc., but these are strategies that I've found to work time and again.

As for the last part, it isn't even coherent, so I can't really say anything about it. If you could please bother to spend 5 seconds to ask yourself "did what I type make ANY sense?" perhaps people would bother to listen to your opinion.