Anybody feeling the lag blues?

#1 Posted by MJS88 (60 posts) -

I'm not sure if this is new to CoD because I haven't played since World at War. I've taken the time to open all required ports and my NAT is open but I can never get any consistency with game quality, 'Best' game quality always feels far worse too.

I'll get destroyed in 1 game before I can even react. My reactions are good so when I get killed before I even move my aim or after getting 5 shots off (which should kill with an AR) it is annoying. It just feels like fights that I should win or at least have a chance in I will loose.

Then the next game I'll dominate. Killing 5 'bad guys' that swarm the hardpoint in one fight,  killstreaks coming out of my ears and all that. Earlier my AR ran out of ammo (I don't carry a secondary) so I was literally running round the hardpoint knifing people. I got 6 kills against people running in with SMGs.

This makes it worse because when I do play very well I know that the reason is most likely because the other guys are suffering the horrible lag.

There is no middle ground. Will this ever get better?

#2 Posted by Goron24 (951 posts) -

I'm not sure if this is new to CoD because I haven't played since World at War. I've taken the time to open all required ports and my NAT is open but I can never get any consistency with game quality, 'Best' game quality always feels far worse too.

I'll get destroyed in 1 game before I can even react. My reactions are good so when I get killed before I even move my aim or after getting 5 shots off (which should kill with an AR) it is annoying. It just feels like fights that I should win or at least have a chance in I will loose.

Then the next game I'll dominate. Killing 5 'bad guys' that swarm the hardpoint in one fight,  killstreaks coming out of my ears and all that. Earlier my AR ran out of ammo (I don't carry a secondary) so I was literally running round the hardpoint knifing people. I got 6 kills against people running in with SMGs.

This makes it worse because when I do play very well I know that the reason is most likely because the other guys are suffering the horrible lag.

There is no middle ground. Will this ever get better?

MJS88

There has always been less lag on the Xbox360 compared to the ps3, but never like this. I've never experienced the amount of lag in any game that I have in blops2 and yes its lag (my screen vs kill cam DURASTICALLY different). I don't believe it will get better, the game has so many other issues treyarch doesn't care they've made their profits.

#3 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
I used to think it was my intertnet but its their servers.I have yet been in a match that had good quality.....sometimes it's so bad i have to play something else.....funny, zombies never has that problem.
#4 Posted by CraZkid37 (457 posts) -

Yep! This game has awful lag. 75% of the time it has the most serious lag compensation of any past game. Its ridiculous to know they coded it that way intentionally to counter-act the host advantage issue. May sound good on paper, but all it does is create a fake experience for all. Why force this type of netcode on people? BO multiplayer was the worst of any CoD, but it was also because of the many issues besides the lag.

This game fixed all those problems, however it would be perfect if not for the horrible lag compensation. No matter what you do, you can't fight the coding of the game. I found a fix that definitely helped a bit, but you can never stop it until THEY do.

Oh, and selecting best is a joke and does absolutley nothing.

#5 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

Lag compensation is bending me over and raping me while all of the other CoD players laugh as lag compensation is doing it in favour of them.

Yeah, I just used *that* analogy.

#6 Posted by Diminisher (1006 posts) -
There has always been less lag on the Xbox360 compared to the ps3, but never like this. I've never experienced the amount of lag in any game that I have in blops2 and yes its lag (my screen vs kill cam DURASTICALLY different). I don't believe it will get better, the game has so many other issues treyarch doesn't care they've made their profits.Goron24
Right IW maybe, but Treyarc actually listens to the CoD and churns out patches on a regular basis.
#7 Posted by blastmaster2k2 (382 posts) -

I doubt they are going to do anything, they want to sell as many copies as possible to people with average to bad internet connections. I'm seeing more and more 3 bar players too. People are just lag abusing which makes the problem worse. If you pay for a good internet connection you should have a slight advantage, not the other way around. Lag compensation of this level will kill online gaming. The number of players in this game is already dropping dramatically.