lol well congrats PC gamers...you finally got to play a game us console gamers played nearly 3 years ago. Yeah, PC gaming isnt dying at all...
@Gravity_Slave For what reason was that comment necessary?
@sknight175216 @rest of you tools
eventually consoles will be able to do everything that PC's can do. I can d/l content, patches, fixes, stream video, surf the net and even order food while I play online. a decade ago I'd say you guys were right, but we all know PC gaming doesn't have much longer as a viable gaming platform. Its sad watching you tools try and justify such a little return on what you spend...
@Gravity_Slave I'm sorry, PC gamers couldn't hear you over the sound of all the other Strategy games (exclusive to the platform, mind) that they've been playing.
@Gravity_Slave Yes, please explain to me how PC gaming is dying. Oh, because we have to come out with new versions of ourselves every few years. Yeah, right... Dumbass...
Despite your sarcasm I'll answer.
1.Online PC gaming has been dropping by a steady 4% for over a decade.
2..Where PC once held complete rule a decade ago ie...Online multiplayer, Patches, DLC, internet browsing, streaming, arcade etc...the console can now do all of that and more.
3. Seems the only decent place to purchase PC games is via the internet. Used to be gameshops had walls of PC games and accessories. Now its ALL console. I think there's still a PC bin in the back for you to sift through.
4. You can't trade PC games in.
5.The cost to build a decent rig that will last more than 2 years (1/4 the life of a console) is gratuitous.
6. Following example 5...Even then, most have to fork over a few hundred down the road for a new graphics card. You're constantly upgrading to keep up with the jones's.
7. Used to be PC gamers got their games first and console gamers had to wait. Guess what? Its the other way around now.
8. As per Ex #7....Excessive wait periods: How long does it take for you guys to even get games, if at all? Diablo 3, StarCraft 2...you still don't have Red Dead Redemption or GTAIV yet!
Wow, I had no idea consoles were so powerful!
1. So you say that online PC gaming is dropping for over a decade, yet in the last decade World of Warcraft, DoTA, League of Legends and Starcraft 2 got released, all of the popularizing online PC gaming and increasing player count by massive numbers. Dude, if you really believe your numbers I have some serious business propositions for you.
2. All that and more? That is fantastic! So apart from the things you've mentioned I can play with a mouse + keyboard, Xbox 360 controller, PS3 controller, Xbox controller, PS2 controller, Wiimote, freakin old Nintendo controllers on any console I'd buy? I can also just put my prevgen games into the console, apply a widescreen patch and play in 1080p without the need to buy a so called "HD Edition" of an old title? All my games will just run in 1080p resolution and 120 fps? I can emulate old console games? Just burn a DVD while playing? Edit and re-encode videos I've recorded? I can change my Field of View in every console game? Wow, that is truly fantastic!
3. PC bin in the back? Where do you live, the US? Sad place indeed, we have stores in Europe where usually PC games are on all the shelves and console titles are in the bin.
4. Why couldn't I trade my PC games in? You can always trade with someone else or you can just use GreenManGaming to do it online. Also PC games on Steam, GreeManGaming, Gamersgate and GOG are dirt cheap during a sale (you can buy a game for the pice of a meal) so why would I even have to bother with trading?
5. Incorrect: Games come out with the console specifications in mind and while graphics on the PC can look much better than what you see on a console, if you're only aiming for reproducing the console visuals than nowadays a low-end laptop can run everything in 720p. That means that the lifecycle of a desktop PC increases, my 6 year old once decent desktop PC runs today's console ports in 720p 30-60 fps without a problem.
6. You're not upgrading constantly because of the same reason, my newest PC is 2 years old and everything runs great on it in 1080p. There is an enthusiast level of PC gamers who do upgrade all the time because they want the best experience technically possible (like playing in 4k with 3 monitors while still maintaining 60 fps) but guess what? You can't do that on a console, if a game runs bad on your platform it will always run bad while if you buy a new PC all the games in your library will run better.
7. Yes, we have to wait for some console ports for a bit sometimes but it's better to wait than to have a bad port and also who cares? Those who buy games on day one are a minority.
8. Let's sort out the incredibly dumb false statement from this point first: we have GTA IV for 5 years now. For the titles you've mentioned (SC2, D3) long development time is needed because they are very complex compared to a Call of Duty e. g.. For example Starcraft is a national sport in South-Korea and you can't push out sequels every year for it, the game has to be good first. It took Blizzard 7 years to make but you can see all the work on the game. Juse imagine a console title that was in development for 7 years: you'd be blown away and play that one thing for a year.
@Gravity_Slave How can PC gaming dying when only Steam has over 50 million users. If something is dying, is obviously your brain cells.