What class has an easier time soloing bosses?

#1 Posted by kier1992 (711 posts) -

I just picked up the game, and I can't decide which character to roll with, so i thought i would go with the one that would give me an easier time with tough bosses, like the invincibles. In order of what i enjoy most at the momen; Assassin, Berzerker, and Commando. Kind of worried that the assassin won't be as easy as the other two....

#2 Posted by 0rin (7179 posts) -

I just picked up the game, and I can't decide which character to roll with, so i thought i would go with the one that would give me an easier time with tough bosses, like the invincibles. In order of what i enjoy most at the momen; Assassin, Berzerker, and Commando. Kind of worried that the assassin won't be as easy as the other two....

kier1992

Funny story, I find the Siren to be the most fun, but the Commando I'd say has the "easiest time" going through the game/killing bosses. Nothing like having two rocket-launching, shield wielding team mates in your pocket at all times. Assassin is fun, but IMO way too specialized, at least compared to the other classes. Haven't really played enough of the zerker to get a good feel for him, but he seems fun.

#3 Posted by 0rin (7179 posts) -

FYI, I have all but the zerker to level 50.

#4 Posted by caseystryker (5406 posts) -

My first character was the Assassin and went with a straight melee build.  My second character was the Siren and I've found her to be crazy powerful once you get to the mid 30's or so using the cataclysm skill tree with the proper mods.  I've since played through with the commando and have gotten them all to level 50 and beaten the game 6 times.  Honestly, I'm kind of burnt out and don't know if I'll get around to using the gunzerker and mechromancer.  Out of those three, the commando is the easiest to start off with, but the Siren simply wrecks once you start leveling her up making the second playthrough much easier.

#5 Posted by KamiNero (33 posts) -
I started with Zero and two of my friends started with the siren and the commando I found myself killing much faster than either character because he has so many passive damage buffs where the solider and the siren used active buffs. The Gunzerker is slow starting off but really picks up once you can use money shot which gives a 400 percent buff to the last shot fired from a magazine with a clip size of 10 or more. The mechro is also a great first choice because death trap will help take fire off of you and deal out some good damage. I found the solider to be good through normal and TVHM but in playthrough 2.5 where you would likely farming bosses he's not as great as Zero or Salvador. I've played through every playthrough and DLC with every character and collected every legendary, and to be honest Salvadors the only character I've been able to solo both Pete The Ultra Invincible and Hyperious The Invincible, and Zero's the only one I can solo Master Gee with, no glitches or modded items.
#6 Posted by iluvfuzzykitten (25 posts) -

I find the Gunzerker is easiest for solo boss fights. Infinite supplies, health/resistance and extra speed. Also, with 10-11 points in Last Longer (use class mod) and 5 in Get Some, if you shoot the boss the entire fight you will cool down Gunzerk before you finished the duration and Gunzerk again instantly. From there, simply buff your gunzerk benifits (speed and health regen recommended). With the right items, you can tank at least 3 explosions from hyperius and be at full health/shields in under 10-20 seconds.