Check your Gamestop pre-order to make sure yours isn't messed up too!

#1 Posted by addtheninth (25 posts) -

So Gamestop has yet again screwed me over. I had pre-ordered the epic Borderlands 2 loot chest the day it was announced by them and paid for it in full months ago. Today I was in the area, and since they've screwed me over once, I figured I'd drop in and make sure my pre-order was all set for this Tuesday's big release. Turns out the guys I had done my pre-order with had put me down for the wrong version of the game but somehow still charged me in full (I call bs). Regardless, at the moment, I won't be getting my birthday gift I had pre-purchased for myself. 

I should have learned my lesson the last time they did this but oh well. Regardless, right now they have $150 of mine held in ransom while they wait to see if they can scrounge up a copy of the game I've already paid for. Even if they can't, they mentioned that they'd only be able to refund me with store credit, which of course I'll be fighting. Cancelling all of my other pre-orders with them and never buying from them again. Looks like Amazon wins yet another reluctant customer because the only place that sells video games locally screws it up royally.

Really want to contact their corporate to complain, but not sure who to email or if it's even worth it.

Regardless, double check your pre-order TODAY so you're not left empty handed at the midnight release.

#2 Posted by xSally133 (470 posts) -

You don't have to go that far.. Just take the store credit and use it up on something else (not pre-orders). Buy Borderlands 2 wherever you want. No need to complain. Thentahsin that's just me. I don't like to start sparks, especially if it's a fight you won't win. That's what I would do atleast.

#3 Posted by nardhardy (770 posts) -

see thats not right,if you payed for a ultimate loot edition then you should get just that. thats a bunch of bs. someone took your preorder for themselves, im excited for the game but im still mad at the fact that gearbox didnt produce more ultimate loot chest to begin with,how do you underestimate the demand of a product like that? its borderlands lets be serious here...but yea i would be pissed off too.

#4 Posted by link108 (417 posts) -

what you is you get your dad to tell them what for while mom gets all the other moms to write angry letters to gamestop. Then no one will be allowed to preorder cause the moms of america said so. 

or option two, burn it down, burn the whole store to the ground. 

#5 Posted by BlueMari0 (20 posts) -

see thats not right,if you payed for a ultimate loot edition then you should get just that. thats a bunch of bs. someone took your preorder for themselves, im excited for the game but im still mad at the fact that gearbox didnt produce more ultimate loot chest to begin with,how do you underestimate the demand of a product like that? its borderlands lets be serious here...but yea i would be pissed off too.

nardhardy

They actually produced as many ultimate loot chest bundles as borderlands 1 sold copies.  They made a ton its just that Borderlands 2 was a lot more popular then they expected.  All the pre-orders were taken within the first week so Gearbox's studio actually gave them a bunch more money to improve more on the game because of how well it will sell.  I'm sorry to hear that your ultimate edition got screwed up by gamestop, but thats gamestop's faulth not Gearbox.

#6 Posted by SKI008 (23 posts) -

If you paid with a credit card or debit card you can try calling your CC company (or bank in the case of a debit card) and telling them you want to cancel that payment. I've seen people do that to great effect when similar situations have happened.

They owe you either the item you paid for or a refund how you want it since they **** up. You should not be forced to take store credit you don't want for their own mistake. 

#7 Posted by Kurushio (10485 posts) -
I would be wanting a little bit more than just my own money back. They should give you something else as compensation, even if it is just a $10 gift card. It doesnt have to be a ton but they need to show you that they are sorry in some way and make it up since it seems unlikely you are going to get the product you wanted.
#8 Posted by waltzink (196 posts) -

did you pay in cash or with a credit card? if it's on a credit card, dispute the charge and give the reason why. if gamestop refuses to refund the purchase price, i'd dig around to find who to contact within their corporate office, and then tell those in charge at the local store that you're also going to the better business bureau. make two hard copies of the official complaint, and present one of them to the management - keep the other copy for your own records.

money's tight for a lot of people, right now. that extra 50$ over the other limited edition can go far. if this has been a recurring problem with that store? if i were you, i would do the above and take my business elsewhere and wouldn't feel bad for my actions.

#9 Posted by proxyfate (12 posts) -

I use to work for them. You have not made an actual purchase until they had you the product. Therefore you have the right to demand your money back. 

If they give you crap ask for there customer service number and the name of their District Manager, Store Manager, person helping you and their store #. This stuff is usually all on your recipt that you have with your pre-order. But asking for it should scare them to cough up your money.

Again i say you have not purchased a product therefore they have to refund it to you and they know it. DO NOT TAKE STORE CREDIT or you will make things much harder on yourself.

#10 Posted by ShawBrothers (118 posts) -

How did you pay for Borderlands 2? As long as you payed for it cash/cc and didn't trade in any games towards it you should get a full refund. I'd be asking for the manger if they really won't give you a refund. I remember canelling a preorder I paid in full but they only refunded cash I paid with, the rest was paid from a game trade-in so that was put on back on my edge card. They even explained to me how they could only refund me cash of what I payed for and the rest would go on my edge card.

#11 Posted by TTDog (3516 posts) -

[QUOTE="nardhardy"]

BlueMari0

They actually produced as many ultimate loot chest bundles as borderlands 1 sold copies. They made a ton its just that Borderlands 2 was a lot more popular then they expected. All the pre-orders were taken within the first week so Gearbox's studio actually gave them a bunch more money to improve more on the game because of how well it will sell. I'm sorry to hear that your ultimate edition got screwed up by gamestop, but thats gamestop's faulth not Gearbox.

Proof?

#12 Posted by actiongamer1985 (250 posts) -
Gamestop is overly obsessed with pre-orders. They need to STFU about that.
#13 Posted by Leeric420 (53 posts) -

[QUOTE="BlueMari0"]

[QUOTE="nardhardy"]

TTDog

They actually produced as many ultimate loot chest bundles as borderlands 1 sold copies. They made a ton its just that Borderlands 2 was a lot more popular then they expected. All the pre-orders were taken within the first week so Gearbox's studio actually gave them a bunch more money to improve more on the game because of how well it will sell. I'm sorry to hear that your ultimate edition got screwed up by gamestop, but thats gamestop's faulth not Gearbox.

Proof?

Randy stated this himself in an interview.

Borderlands 2 has already sold 4 copies for everyone 1 of the original borderlands

#14 Posted by GHOST112788 (1 posts) -

I would call the main office they will fix it and give u a free game of ur choice i did cuz they did it to me so i would.

#15 Posted by cain19822004 (1382 posts) -

You're a few months too late there, sparky.