Weapon upgrades no longer change the look of the weapon?

#1 Posted by Alpha_Omega69 (11840 posts) -

I am quite early on in game, but I loved that from Bioshock one and two where the look of the weapon changed once you upgrade. So far I upgraded both the machine gun and pistol twice and they still look the same. Is this no longer a feature of Bioshock?

#2 Posted by murstdurst (303 posts) -

Sadly no, they removed that feature or just forgot about it... like so many other things in this game (great gaem but overhyped!!!)

#3 Posted by jefferson1964 (253 posts) -

that was a neat feature of bioshock but not a deal killer and I think the game is in NO WAY OVER Hyped, its the game ive been looking for since Playing Bioshock 1, great story, great voice acting, great soundtrack, excellent graphics. I finished the game playing in 3 days in long stretches it was that good, i picked up the Season Pass which did change the color of the pistol and machine gun and made them more powerful but other than the color nothing you could not buy at some point with enough cash at a vending machine, but the extra 5 vigors were a nice feature. Anyway, great game and worth every penny and looking forward to the DLC.

#4 Posted by Bolgernow (21 posts) -

I agree with this. Loved the game, but you're totally right

Guess I was too wrapped up in the world with the Sky Hook to care

#5 Posted by BioAssassin (152 posts) -

Yeah unfortunately that is gone. Instead we have skins for weapons, but that still isn't as good.

#6 Posted by ShadowJax04 (3350 posts) -

Yeah unfortunately that is gone. Instead we have skins for weapons, but that still isn't as good.

BioAssassin
Even then it's only a gold skin for the pistol and machinegun for buying the season pass. I understand it's just a little perk for buying the season pass but still pretty gimmicky considering it's the only different skins you can get. They should have stayed with the Power to the People!-style upgrades if it was up to me.
#7 Posted by Paoksis (481 posts) -

yea,someone would think they would expand upon what they've already created.Sadly they removed some gameplay or aesthetical  features like this that made bioshock more unique than other shooters today(i.e hacking)

#8 Posted by Hells_rebelion (2883 posts) -

Sadly no, they removed that feature or just forgot about it... like so many other things in this game (great gaem but overhyped!!!)

murstdurst
How was the game over hyped? It has delivered on so many aspects...No amount of hype for this would give it that moniker.