Too easy on medium

#1 Posted by rubango (27 posts) -

I'm about 8 hours into it but I get the feeling I'm more than 2/3 into it and it has been too easy till now. How difficult is it on hard,  guess I should probably restart on hard.

#2 Posted by bsnimunf (1039 posts) -

I played on hard and found it quite difficult. Combination of things really. Its not so bad later in the game when you find better gear or when you have elizabeth to toss you health and salt pack as well as open up tears but when she is not around its very easy to get overwelmed especially with the mech units and handymen around.

My biggest problem was that i could have two weapons full with ammo and easily deplete all my ammo before getting half way through a fight. You then had to run round searching for an appropriate weapon. You cant rely on cover because the more nimble enemies will quickly flank you and force you out of cover into the bullet streams of bigger units. Using Possesion helped alot but the bigger units dont stayed possesed for very long and you only have limited shots. Being allowed to carry a 3rd weapon would have made the game better in my opinion.

#3 Posted by Timeaisis (191 posts) -
Yeah, I gotta agree here. Hard is really tough because you can run out of ammo well before the end of a fight. That, and cover is almost useless because enemies will flank you. You either got to be a really good shot or set up traps everywhere (which I always forgot to do).
#4 Posted by koospetoors (3244 posts) -
I've got to admit, 1999 mode (even thought its just a glorified very hard mode) was pretty darn challenging. Maybe insert the Konami code and restart on that? Totally agree with you though, normal is pretty easy.
#5 Posted by Zombiekiller360 (355 posts) -

When I first began I played on hard and beat it fairly easily I mean some parts are really tough but overall not too bad. I'm playing on 1999 mode right now and I really think I found hard more difficult maybe it's because I started on hard though.

#6 Posted by TitanZombie (23 posts) -

Please give my Bioshock Infinite Playthrough a View and a Like!! and dont forget to subscribe if you like what you see and you want to see more of the latest games in HD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY1Bh-l0CX4&list=PLWnx56tND3J5tcsowzOgKrhOAYamOSzbE

#7 Posted by BioAssassin (152 posts) -

1999 mode is far from easy. I think of it as easy too easy, medium being easy, hard being medium and 1999 mode as hard. 

#8 Posted by Paoksis (479 posts) -

on medium its quite easy indeed,but on hard and 1999 mode things get really tough

#9 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17046 posts) -
I played on medium and then on 1999 mode. The game basically forced me to really think about what I'm doing. How am I approaching each fight. Why do I keep dying? What vigor or tear could I utilize that I'm ignoring? At first I hated it now I love it. About a quarter way through in 1999 mode.
#10 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

At 2/3 way you're not far enough in to know how hard it is yet. It isn't until the last 1/4 of the game that battles really start getting difficult. Even on 1999 mode the game is very doable the first 3/4.

Hard is doable thoughout the game once you know all the tricks to use. IMO 1999 mode is a waste of time due to the bullet sponge scaling of difficulty. At the point you have to battle Lady Comstock you realize how much they've dumbed down the player's weapon damage on 1999 mode. It also costs $100 to revive, and there's not much feel you've worn down the enemy. 

I gave up and shelved the game at the first Lady Comstock battle on 1999 mode after trying several times with varoious methods. I doubt I'll be playing it again anytime soon.

#11 Posted by rubango (27 posts) -

I finished it on hard and enjoyed it much more than medium. I started 1999 mode but there mis no room for errors, it pretty difficult and you have to start again if you die and don't have enough money to be revived.

#12 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

Update to previous comment. The Lady Comstock battles are made a LOT easier with the right vigor and gears. Basically you...[spoiler] ...fully upgrade Charge with explosive effect, and enable every melee gear you have such as Burning Halo, Brittle-Skinned, Executioner, etc. Then all you have to do is equip Charge and use the alt fire mode on her. It will make you fly directly to her and the explosion kills all her minions when you come in contact with her. Then just do a couple melee taps and another charge. Two or three of these will take her down in well under a minute without any use of ammo and no need to replenish salts or health during battle. MAKE SURE you head to the Comstock House gate BEFORE you choose any upgrades proor to geting this objective. Then you can experiment on which you want to use. Trust me though, upgrading Charge is THE way to go.[spoiler]

I've since beaten the game on 1999 Mode and replayed the final battle on the zeppelin and got a much better result. It can easily be done with less than 3 revivals, none if you're extra careful. Some handy tips are laying Return to Sender traps around the generator, using Undertow to quickly wash the RPG guys on the catwalks overboard, and using Possession+Shock on one Patriot while you pummel the other with Shock and RPGs. Use  Crow on the deck troops with the corpses to crow traps upgrade. The main thing is making sure you save Songbird foer the heavy hitters like turret barges, zeppelins, and an ocaisional pair of Patriots if they get close.

#13 Posted by cpo335 (5463 posts) -
I played on medium and then on 1999 mode. The game basically forced me to really think about what I'm doing. How am I approaching each fight. Why do I keep dying? What vigor or tear could I utilize that I'm ignoring? At first I hated it now I love it. About a quarter way through in 1999 mode. Bread_or_Decide
What the hell is your signature...