Please help me understand the ending (SPOILERS)

#1 Posted by Thundernado (471 posts) -

Oh my god that was the biggest mind f*** ever lol... but it was soo awesome.. I think I understand the ending but can someone out there clarify it for me.... How in the world is booker dewitt comstock?? and who the hell are the english brothers and sisters?/ what was their role in the whole story? and how the hell did booker not know she was his daughter? so damn confusing and soo many questions lol.. so if somone could answer the questions or just explain the entire ending that would be AWEOSME! and one more thing comstock is booker dewitt so why is booker such a good guy and comstock not and why did comstock haver her chained up in that room to begin with...please help lol

#2 Posted by JoachimWarrior (11 posts) -
Like you already know the game consists of multiple parallel universes. After Booker fought in the battle of Wounded Knee, he had the opportunity of getting himself baptized. The playable Booker refused but another Booker in a parallel universe accepted the baptism and named himself Zachary Hale Comstock. You have to imagine it like a fork. This way or the other. Both are equally real but you only experience one of those. So Comstock began to build a city in the skies but he was not able to have a child because he got infertile when he came in contact with one of Rosalind Luteces machines. Lutece knew about the different universes and told Comstock that he could take the child of Booker DeWitt, his parallel existence. So Robert Lutece came to DeWitt nand told him that he could withdraw his gambling debts by giving him his child Anna . Booker accepted and Lutece gave the child to Comstock who re-named the child Elizabeth. 20 years later Lutece comes back again, brings Booker into the dimension of Comstock, where he looses his memory. Lutece tells him to "bring back the girl" like he did before and Booker starts his journey. Now in the end Booker wants to kill Comstock at his birth which is the moment of baptism. So the only option to stop Comstock from destroying the world is to kill Booker and by that make that Anna and Comstock never lived. hope that helped you.
#4 Posted by Thundernado (471 posts) -
wow that helped soooo much..but one more question..why did they help you in the many situations..lutece's.. they gave you vigours and directions and what not..
#5 Posted by Malboras112 (4 posts) -

Actually it would make more sense that they created a new universe (or altered other ones) where Comcstock never existed instead of altering their own one, because without intervetion of our Elizabeth and Bookers past experiences it would not be possible to make the last decision of killing Booker druing baptism. Without any events in the game there could not be the last moment. You can even see that the Elizabeth that you see first after entering through the last door does not disappear in the end and instead looks at the sky. Even if she did not have the collar you have chose for here at that last moment, you can asume that she is one of the versions of the Dewiit and Elizabeth as we know them and without her and her knowledge this final act could not have happened. Same goes for Booker - he is the one that makes one last decision to save Anna after gathering all the knowledge the game has thrown at him.

Comstock went from his universe to our Bookers universe to get Anna. If we want this to never happen it must happen. Weird right? By crossing into another universe he set things in motion which eventually lead to his death during baptizm which is possible because Elizabeth has the power to manipulate time and space. Comstock created Booker and Elizabeth as we know them and they two created a new universe where Comstock never existed and did not alter the universe of our Booker in the end. 

God this is so hard to explain, I know what I wnat to say in my mind but its so hard to write it down :D. Hope you get my idea. And this is just my take on this wonderful games ending :)

#6 Posted by JoachimWarrior (11 posts) -
because Comstock killed them in his madness after he got his daughter . They wanted revenge and also wanted booker to get his daughter back and to learn the truth about him and, Comstock and Elizabeth. I'm glad my answer was useful to you :)
#7 Posted by Thundernado (471 posts) -
awesome you guys i actually understand this nearly perfectly it's just things like why did comstock torture elizabeth? was it for her not to be able to do what she did during the whole game?
#8 Posted by JoachimWarrior (11 posts) -
exactly. he did not want her to know the truth. In my opinion the scene after the credits is pretty useless because when he gets drown he never has Anna as a child. So he could never be in his flat searching for Anna.
#9 Posted by Torino818 (149 posts) -

Actually the little scene after the credits is a universe where Booker never went to get batized and never gave up Anna to relieve his debts.

#10 Posted by Malboras112 (4 posts) -

Actually the little scene after the credits is a universe where Booker never went to get batized and never gave up Anna to relieve his debts.

Torino818
I actually believe its the universe that was not invaded by Comstock because he was killed during the baptizm, hence our Bookers universe was not altered by supernatural events.
#11 Posted by ZaoQuan (42 posts) -

Booker Dewit, is Comstock, and Songbird. He was already dead before the lighthouse? The lighthouse is death and the gateway into the possibilities of what was, if he had been. Wasn't the Twins, god, or some other ultimate being, showing them as male and female of the same mind, and the creators? The fact is, you travelled through a particular lighthouse that unravelled this game's story. Which later showed you other possiblities of infinite other lighthouses. This was meant as explanation to the alternate people above, who were all that same identity within this story. These already had also died. This is why the many references throughout the game with its themes such as. Angels and devils, heaven and hell, good and evil, right and wrong, black and white etc. Although no paradox, or alternate reality could change what was, which you were already dead. This shown countless times throughout the game in almsot every reality and was explained early with the nose bleeds. The Songbird was the twist, but all it was is the combination of both Booker and Comstock who both had Liz in their interests and wouldn't kill her, but kept her caged or repaid the debt.

Ultimately though think Evul Lizzy had taken to much acid, and this story should have been infinitely longer. A story like this played 7-15 hours taking a few days to 1k, BAH that's the real head fuk.

#12 Posted by JoachimWarrior (11 posts) -
1. Why should Booker be Songbird? 2. Why should Booker be dead before entering the lighthouse? 3. The nosebleed is not a sign of death. It just means that you have a coflict within your memory because you have 2 memories of the same thing. 4. The Songbird was no twist an it has nothing to do with Booker or Comstock.
#13 Posted by Jooj (280 posts) -

Like you already know the game consists of multiple parallel universes. After Booker fought in the battle of Wounded Knee, he had the opportunity of getting himself baptized. The playable Booker refused but another Booker in a parallel universe accepted the baptism and named himself Zachary Hale Comstock. You have to imagine it like a fork. This way or the other. Both are equally real but you only experience one of those. So Comstock began to build a city in the skies but he was not able to have a child because he got infertile when he came in contact with one of Rosalind Luteces machines. Lutece knew about the different universes and told Comstock that he could take the child of Booker DeWitt, his parallel existence. So Robert Lutece came to DeWitt nand told him that he could withdraw his gambling debts by giving him his child Anna . Booker accepted and Lutece gave the child to Comstock who re-named the child Elizabeth. 20 years later Lutece comes back again, brings Booker into the dimension of Comstock, where he looses his memory. Lutece tells him to "bring back the girl" like he did before and Booker starts his journey. Now in the end Booker wants to kill Comstock at his birth which is the moment of baptism. So the only option to stop Comstock from destroying the world is to kill Booker and by that make that Anna and Comstock never lived. hope that helped you.JoachimWarrior

[spoiler] The brooker you play is not the one that gave away anna. He only remembers that when Elizabeth gets her powers back. He gets a nose bleed just like all the other people in the game who are joined with their other selves... which Elizabeth does. At the end ALL the bookers are destroyed because Ellizabeth joins them together and so the world is saved.

There are not even just these 3 bookers in the game (playable/baby giver and comstock): there is the one who help vox pop destroy comstock and others in the many different Columbias we visit... 

The Lucete twins bring the playable Booker to Columbia to get elizabeth and destroy the syphon so they can stop the destruction of the world by elizabeth.

Anna seems to have lived (but who knows) given the scene after the credits at the end. 
[/spoiler] ^click here to reveal spoiler.

#14 Posted by djball (354 posts) -

Maybe a second playthrough will help to make any sense of this story, but as it stands... VERY sloppy, loose and so contrived. 

BI is a Shooter, and nothing else. Very shallow gameplay, weak leveling up, moslty weak plasmas, just kill everything in your way.

Elizabeth is intriguing and I adore her, but in the end it doesn't matter. Decisions  have no effect on final outcome. 

I was also uncertain about why Comstock kept Elizabeth in a fish bowl for 20 years??? Did she have  powers to change the course of Columbia? Did she know that he was the alternate father? What was her purpose, obviously not loving daughter??? I'll pay closer attention next playthrough but this seemed just ridiculous. 

#15 Posted by ZaoQuan (42 posts) -

The reason Booker is dead is because he died at the baptism. Smother him. The first sceen is him with the twins rowing him to the destination of this storyline. This is him in the afterlife after he already had died beforehand. Showing the sea, then lighthouse all quite hazey and surreal . The lighthouse he went through was only one set of possibilities connecting his particular fate or his set of memories that he had made. The lighthouse had already clued you into his death from the very start and again his rebirth upon entry into what seemed like heaven at the beggining. The nosebleed was explained as death everyone who had a nosebleed in game was already dead. His path of redemption throughout this game couldn't undue his past as he had already died.

Why is he the Songbird? I may be totally wrong with this entire synopisis. It was an alternate ego of both the combined Comstock and Booker who both held Liz's interests to close at heart effectively smothering her. 1 had caged her the other 1 sought after her to repay the debt, both overly protective of her, wouldn't harm or kill her, and could be called to protect her. Though ultimately the songbird died from drowning as well as coming from another set of possibilities through a parallel tear. Shown in it's kinky BDSM garb and being that supreme alter ego and destoryer of worlds.

The infinite universe where only infinite possibilites of what might have been had Booker infact lived each one showing or leading to his death. All the themes and references throughout the game showed this of heaven hell, angel demons, if only as a red herring to explain the multiple dimesions of the impossible if infact he was alive and could somehow alter his fate. No he really couldn't and his redemption didn't make up for the fact he didn't exist.

Now I do accept my view is might be one side, please correct me if I am utterly wrong? I just don't buy all the crap that says infinite parrallel universes. In other dimesions, that are made from supreme beings. If he could never change the simple fact that he didn't exist and his mind only carried him to that fate throughout his journey.

The other mind **** could have been the twins where him aswell after being reunited with his lost daughter or wife. Set to guide him on his path in making his redemption. Though ultimately they where not and are easily explained as being the creators or god being both male and female of a singular mind

#16 Posted by Jooj (280 posts) -

Maybe a second playthrough will help to make any sense of this story, but as it stands... VERY sloppy, loose and so contrived. 

BI is a Shooter, and nothing else. Very shallow gameplay, weak leveling up, moslty weak plasmas, just kill everything in your way.

Elizabeth is intriguing and I adore her, but in the end it doesn't matter. Decisions  have no effect on final outcome. 

I was also uncertain about why Comstock kept Elizabeth in a fish bowl for 20 years??? Did she have  powers to change the course of Columbia? Did she know that he was the alternate father? What was her purpose, obviously not loving daughter??? I'll pay closer attention next playthrough but this seemed just ridiculous. 

djball

I didn't care that the final outcome didn't depend on my decisions. Far better than a blach/white "morality system" or a standard 3 button ending which is all other games offer. If you don't understand then you need to replay or maybe google "bryce dewitt" and "many worlds quantum mechanics"

The reason Booker is dead is because he died at the baptism. Smother him. The first sceen is him with the twins rowing him to the destination of this storyline. This is him in the afterlife after he already had died beforehand. Showing the sea, then lighthouse all quite hazey and surreal . The lighthouse he went through was only one set of possibilities connecting his particular fate or his set of memories that he had made. The lighthouse had already clued you into his death from the very start and again his rebirth upon entry into what seemed like heaven at the beggining. The nosebleed was explained as death everyone who had a nosebleed in game was already dead. His path of redemption throughout this game couldn't undue his past as he had already died.

Why is he the Songbird? I may be totally wrong with this entire synopisis. It was an alternate ego of both the combined Comstock and Booker who both held Liz's interests to close at heart effectively smothering her. 1 had caged her the other 1 sought after her to repay the debt, both overly protective of her, wouldn't harm or kill her, and could be called to protect her. Though ultimately the songbird died from drowning as well as coming from another set of possibilities through a parallel tear. Shown in it's kinky BDSM garb and being that supreme alter ego and destoryer of worlds.

The infinite universe where only infinite possibilites of what might have been had Booker infact lived each one showing or leading to his death. All the themes and references throughout the game showed this of heaven hell, angel demons, if only as a red herring to explain the multiple dimesions of the impossible if infact he was alive and could somehow alter his fate. No he really couldn't and his redemption didn't make up for the fact he didn't exist.

Now I do accept my view is might be one side, please correct me if I am utterly wrong? I just don't buy all the crap that says infinite parrallel universes. In other dimesions, that are made from supreme beings. If he could never change the simple fact that he didn't exist and his mind only carried him to that fate throughout his journey.

The other mind **** could have been the twins where him aswell after being reunited with his lost daughter or wife. Set to guide him on his path in making his redemption. Though ultimately they where not and are easily explained as being the creators or god being both male and female of a singular mind

ZaoQuan

yeah you too. If you don't buy infinite worlds (there is only one universe; it just contains all eventualities,all worlds)  then you need to learn 2 quantum mechanics. Or at least learn about the many worlds interpretationand the fact that the guy who came up with it is called dewitt.

#17 Posted by ZaoQuan (42 posts) -

My explanation stands Jooj read your many worlds interpretation please I beg you, before correcting my infinite wording....

You have failed to explain this game. Rather you have posted mechanic's which as themselves don't function as a story line. In conclusion his fate was always the same as from your wiki postings, and regardless of whatever path or possibility that reality could not be altered as they would all result in the same outcomes.

Whatever the reality, and or the beings encountered, these where often only the fragments of his mind. The other lighthouses all reflected the same mirror's and eventually all showing his outcome or fate.

Was he also part of the twins or in relation to? Quite possibly engineering the entire set of parallels and possibilites, while being infinitely aware. Had he survived as from the ending credits.

His daughter had similiar powers as she was the survivor and was through his choices and fate was what would draw them together. Although in the outcome she would eventually be both of their undoings.

Please offer to be a direct explanation. Rather then some hyperbole. Showing through game that in multiple parallel worlds those quantum mechanic's engineer together a story line with all these colourful characters events and places. Who all share the same fate and outcome if they aren't all infact the same mind and persons related to it. Which have either not existed prior to this story through his parallel paths of redemption, or having engineered the story through that existance prior.

#18 Posted by Jooj (280 posts) -

My explanation stands Jooj read your many worlds interpretation please I beg you, before correcting my infinite wording....

You have failed to explain this game. Rather you have posted mechanic's which as themselves don't function as a story line. In conclusion his fate was always the same as from your wiki postings, and regardless of whatever path or possibility that reality could not be altered as they would all result in the same outcomes.

Whatever the reality, and or the beings encountered, these where often only the fragments of his mind. The other lighthouses all reflected the same mirror's and eventually all showing his outcome or fate.

Was he also part of the twins or in relation to? Quite possibly engineering the entire set of parallels and possibilites, while being infinitely aware. Had he survived as from the ending credits.

His daughter had similiar powers as she was the survivor and was through his choices and fate was what would draw them together. Although in the outcome she would eventually be both of their undoings.

Please offer to be a direct explanation. Rather then some hyperbole. Showing through game that in multiple parallel worlds those quantum mechanic's engineer together a story line with all these colourful characters events and places. Who all share the same fate and outcome if they aren't all infact the same mind and persons related to it. Which have either not existed prior to this story through his parallel paths of redemption, or having engineered the story through that existance prior.

ZaoQuan

[spoiler] So the fact they use the name of the guy who came up with many worlds interpretation (dewitt) and mention quantum mechanics all over the place is for nothing? Huh. Strange.

The fact that lutcec herself says "The universe doesn't like its peas being mixed with its porridge. " indicating there is one universe not many and that the eventualities are all inside it and that elizabeth's powers stem from this ... that all means nothing.

Sure make up your own version of events if you like, I am just basing my comments on the game. Silly me.

Obviously they take some poetic license with many worlds but that is the basis of the game. The other eventualities are not manufactured they already existed HOWEVER we see elizabeth suggest that she can influence the tears she goes through, select a world that reflects her mental state, even if not consciously whilst the syphon is in use so it is possible that others can do the same and the columbias we visit all reflect the mental states of others based on this.

OK so there is slate who remembers a different boxer rebellion to the one in which columbia appears. He is either remembering things from another univers, has somehow come through from a world in which the alternative history took place or ...

Maybe comstock moved columbia through to another world ... one which reflected his own world views, prejudices etc. His religious bent. Maybe there are angels and demons mentioned all over the place because of religion and religious people?

There is no inference at any point in the game that dewitt and the twins are at all related. You just made that up.True given infinite worlds there will be worlds where we are all each other ... but that is beyond the scope of the game... if not mind bending.

Lucete clearly states that either elizabeth's powers stem from the fact she is separated physically between 2 worlds or that it is just from the fact that she is from another world.

She also clearly states at one point that where comstock sees divine inspiration and visions she sees the probabilities/worlds/possibilities of quantum mechanics.

Note I use maybe all over the place. i don''t pretend to know all the details, in fact since we go through at least 3 columbias some of the details are bound to conflict, be at odds with each other etc. no doubt the DLCs will expand on this. Well I say 3 columbias, each time we open a door when we revive we open a door on a world where we didn't die ... different to the one in which we did. [/spoiler] ^click to show spoiler text

#19 Posted by Jooj (280 posts) -

[spoiler] You might also want to check out the novel "Warlord of the Air", from which infinite draws inspiration. Instead of comstock and columbia you have a still vital british empire in 1972 who dominate the world from airships ... with anarchist opposition.

A novel followed by 2 others in which completely different histories are featured and in later  ones which link the protagonist Oswald Bastible to Moorcock's other heroes and characters from science fiction to sword and sorcery fantasy (same person, different worlds).

Btw maybe booker is drowned right at the start, with his baptism when he first arrives in columbia and he passes out and then re-enters the world through a door in which he does not drown ... but who knows? So trixie ...

It is a diostinct possibility since every time you die you open a door on a world in which you did not... [/spoiler] ^click here to show spoilery text

#20 Posted by AncientDozer (8129 posts) -

Actually it would make more sense that they created a new universe (or altered other ones) where Comcstock never existed instead of altering their own one, because without intervetion of our Elizabeth and Bookers past experiences it would not be possible to make the last decision of killing Booker druing baptism. Without any events in the game there could not be the last moment. You can even see that the Elizabeth that you see first after entering through the last door does not disappear in the end and instead looks at the sky. Even if she did not have the collar you have chose for here at that last moment, you can asume that she is one of the versions of the Dewiit and Elizabeth as we know them and without her and her knowledge this final act could not have happened. Same goes for Booker - he is the one that makes one last decision to save Anna after gathering all the knowledge the game has thrown at him.

Comstock went from his universe to our Bookers universe to get Anna. If we want this to never happen it must happen. Weird right? By crossing into another universe he set things in motion which eventually lead to his death during baptizm which is possible because Elizabeth has the power to manipulate time and space. Comstock created Booker and Elizabeth as we know them and they two created a new universe where Comstock never existed and did not alter the universe of our Booker in the end. 

God this is so hard to explain, I know what I wnat to say in my mind but its so hard to write it down :D. Hope you get my idea. And this is just my take on this wonderful games ending :)

Malboras112
Yes, had they not added the scene at the end where we are shown Booker apparently alive and with Anna still, we would've all just nodded our heads; however with that scene things become a little more complex. We are led to believe that some Bookers survived after all, though which might be unclear. The game makes it clear that there are so many parallel universes, in fact beyond counting; she'd have to go to each and every one to drown him over and over which I can't see her doing. By eliminating him, at least two timelines were altered. . assuming she did eliminate him.
#21 Posted by Jooj (280 posts) -

[QUOTE="Malboras112"]

AncientDozer

Yes, had they not added the scene at the end where we are shown Booker apparently alive and with Anna still, we would've all just nodded our heads; however with that scene things become a little more complex. We are led to believe that some Bookers survived after all, though which might be unclear. The game makes it clear that there are so many parallel universes, in fact beyond counting; she'd have to go to each and every one to drown him over and over which I can't see her doing. By eliminating him, at least two timelines were altered. . assuming she did eliminate him.

[spoiler] We go through mutliple bookers in multiple eventualities anyway. Every time we die we open a door on a new eventuality in which we did not for example. We may even get drowned at the beginning by the preacher. There is also a possible dead booker in the light house at the start, shot through the head. Just before the drowning Elizabeth notes that dewitt has a nose bleed which is what happens each time she lets something through from another tear and someone becomes joined with their other selves. Shortly he has memories from the booker who gave away the baby. Hence when anna drowns booker she drowns all the bookers. Now the syphon is gone she can do such things! [/spoiler] ^click to reveal spoiler text.

#22 Posted by Stealthmaniac05 (246 posts) -

[QUOTE="JoachimWarrior"]Like you already know the game consists of multiple parallel universes. After Booker fought in the battle of Wounded Knee, he had the opportunity of getting himself baptized. The playable Booker refused but another Booker in a parallel universe accepted the baptism and named himself Zachary Hale Comstock. You have to imagine it like a fork. This way or the other. Both are equally real but you only experience one of those. So Comstock began to build a city in the skies but he was not able to have a child because he got infertile when he came in contact with one of Rosalind Luteces machines. Lutece knew about the different universes and told Comstock that he could take the child of Booker DeWitt, his parallel existence. So Robert Lutece came to DeWitt nand told him that he could withdraw his gambling debts by giving him his child Anna . Booker accepted and Lutece gave the child to Comstock who re-named the child Elizabeth. 20 years later Lutece comes back again, brings Booker into the dimension of Comstock, where he looses his memory. Lutece tells him to "bring back the girl" like he did before and Booker starts his journey. Now in the end Booker wants to kill Comstock at his birth which is the moment of baptism. So the only option to stop Comstock from destroying the world is to kill Booker and by that make that Anna and Comstock never lived. hope that helped you.Jooj

[spoiler] The brooker you play is not the one that gave away anna. He only remembers that when Elizabeth gets her powers back. He gets a nose bleed just like all the other people in the game who are joined with their other selves... which Elizabeth does. At the end ALL the bookers are destroyed because Ellizabeth joins them together and so the world is saved.

There are not even just these 3 bookers in the game (playable/baby giver and comstock): there is the one who help vox pop destroy comstock and others in the many different Columbias we visit...

The Lucete twins bring the playable Booker to Columbia to get elizabeth and destroy the syphon so they can stop the destruction of the world by elizabeth.

Anna seems to have lived (but who knows) given the scene after the credits at the end.

Yes, the Booker you play as is the Booker that gave up Anna/Elizabeth as a baby. The idea is that in all of the Universes where Booker had Anna (where Comstock didn't exist) were invaded by Comstock the same way everytime, ultimately leading him to Columbia. Now he got to Columbia by the twins bringing him there, his mind filled in any missing thoughts when he crossed into the other world. The idea is that it continues to happen repeatedly in existence, which is why you see the twins asking Booker near the beginning to choose heads or tails. If you recall there were about 100 heads and no tails showing that Booker had done the exact same thing before in other universes and always called heads, which it landed on heads.

Another thing to mention is that ALL of the Bookers are not dead. If you recall Booker and Elizabeth travelled to the point in time where Booker became Comstock and killed him off. By killing the Booker who became Comstock in that universe it allows a Booker in a universe to not have Anna taken from him, going on to live their life normally without any Comstock. Considering the heads and tails moment in the game we can conclude that Booker has actually, in multiple universes, taken down Comstock before, which leads to the idea that there are many universes in which Booker and Anna were never impacted by Comstock and lived a normal life; herego, the end scene after the credits. That scene depicted a world where Anna wasn't taken.

#23 Posted by Jooj (280 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jooj"]

[QUOTE="JoachimWarrior"]Like you already know the game consists of multiple parallel universes. After Booker fought in the battle of Wounded Knee, he had the opportunity of getting himself baptized. The playable Booker refused but another Booker in a parallel universe accepted the baptism and named himself Zachary Hale Comstock. You have to imagine it like a fork. This way or the other. Both are equally real but you only experience one of those. So Comstock began to build a city in the skies but he was not able to have a child because he got infertile when he came in contact with one of Rosalind Luteces machines. Lutece knew about the different universes and told Comstock that he could take the child of Booker DeWitt, his parallel existence. So Robert Lutece came to DeWitt nand told him that he could withdraw his gambling debts by giving him his child Anna . Booker accepted and Lutece gave the child to Comstock who re-named the child Elizabeth. 20 years later Lutece comes back again, brings Booker into the dimension of Comstock, where he looses his memory. Lutece tells him to "bring back the girl" like he did before and Booker starts his journey. Now in the end Booker wants to kill Comstock at his birth which is the moment of baptism. So the only option to stop Comstock from destroying the world is to kill Booker and by that make that Anna and Comstock never lived. hope that helped you.Stealthmaniac05

Yes, the Booker you play as is the Booker that gave up Anna/Elizabeth as a baby.

You do not know this. You know that people get nose bleeds when they are about to remember something or are absorbing memories by connection to a version of themselves in another universe (this is stated several times in the game). 

At the end booker gets a nose bleed and then "remembers". 

The idea is that in all of the Universes where Booker had Anna (where Comstock didn't exist) were invaded by Comstock the same way everytime, ultimately leading him to Columbia.

Leading who to columbia? The miracle child happens after columbia is floated. How did dewitt get to columbia without the interverntion of the twins? if Comstock invaded the universe in exactly the same way then why are the annas all different? Why is anything different? Why call them different worlds at all?

Now he got to Columbia by the twins bringing him there, his mind filled in any missing thoughts when he crossed into the other world. The idea is that it continues to happen repeatedly in existence, which is why you see the twins asking Booker near the beginning to choose heads or tails. If you recall there were about 100 heads and no tails showing that Booker had done the exact same thing before in other universes and always called heads, which it landed on heads.

There you have a point but whether we are talking about sequential or parallel bookers is what you are failing to consider. How can booker have done it "before" if it is the same point in time? Wouldn't comstock have been aware of multiple bookers? 

Another thing to mention is that ALL of the Bookers are not dead. If you recall Booker and Elizabeth travelled to the point in time where Booker became Comstock and killed him off. By killing the Booker who became Comstock in that universe it allows a Booker in a universe to not have Anna taken from him, going on to live their life normally without any Comstock.

They killed all the comstock/bookers that lead to the end of the world or its enslavement by elizabeth. There are not just 2, consider all the minute differences in the ways that brooker could have accepted or rejected baptism, from differences in a minue subatomic particle somewhere in the universe between eventualities to larger things like the words and thoughts that lead booker to the decision. There are an infnite number of baptisms and an infinite number of bookers... all of them had to be removed for the end of the world to be stopped.

The problem with anna is that her terror would not have stretched across just one world but across them all, as her power allowed her to collepse one in to the other, open tears at will etc.

Considering the heads and tails moment in the game we can conclude that Booker has actually, in multiple universes, taken down Comstock before, which leads to the idea that there are many universes in which Booker and Anna were never impacted by Comstock and lived a normal life; herego, the end scene after the credits. That scene depicted a world where Anna wasn't taken.

I kinda agree but not sure "before" is the right word. But yes, there are multiple (infinite) other worlds in which brooker tries, and others in which he succeeds. Strange though that one of the constants is heads ... 

Hoever your point about the  112 heads ... strange. Possibly a throw away line? We will see eh! Why then the talk of infinite worlds and infinite bookers. Elizabeth says at least a million million when the syphon is removed and she regains her powers. I think she is underestimating.

#24 Posted by ZaoQuan (42 posts) -

Booker was getting nosebleeds from the start. As explained by Elizabeth saying they remember they are dead in the parallel Gunsmith tear. In which that Booker was also dead

It wasn't only Comstock who was killed, it was also Booker.

The baptism happened before Anna was even born