Bad Title, Graphics are ****

#1 Posted by q-bert39 (146 posts) -

seriously who the **** thought up that bad **** title, does it make anyone else rage?

infinite doesnt even fit or work, its a completely improper bad **** word to be used on its own

****ing retards in charge of titles

but whats worse is the retards who approved that title

didnt one ****ing person say "hey, i think that title is ****ing stupid, it should be 'infinity' at the very least"

say the title "bioshock infinite" and tell me it doesnt just hang like a limp dick at the end of your tongue

your brain expects more because without more it sounds ****ing stupid, just like Dark of the Moon

and no one better say "no dude, thats just another way of spelling 'infinity'" because NO

oh and this **** game totally wont live up to the hype either. the graphics are horrid and cartooney, the gameplay looks gimmicky as **** and the story is probably as well thought out as the **** bad title.

in other words its probably dishonored 2 in disguise, except it wont be hyped up as a revolutionary godsend game of the universe, so it will probably only get a 7.5

also, **** title

#2 Posted by Oozyrat (853 posts) -

Lol Dishonored 2? This was announced before Dishonored was even thought up

#3 Posted by Fullm3talbadass (508 posts) -
Oh look another one of these topic. Look kid your a little late to party we've already heard all the stupid complaints. Noone cares
#4 Posted by SythisTaru (567 posts) -

Lol. Yes, the most intricately detailed game environment ever seen and yet you call the graphics bad. Not sure how to respond, try  Zoloft. 

#5 Posted by Lulekani (2151 posts) -
People like you should come with a Danger sign stapled to your forehead.
#6 Posted by TheEnchanter62 (2 posts) -
0/10
#7 Posted by petet75 (1 posts) -
1) Don't buy it; 2) Don't play it; 3) Don't complain; 4) Check grammar and spelling before posting. Might help raise your intellect. ...and Happy New Year for anyone reading this!
#8 Posted by Bubreg (26 posts) -

Hate. Too much hate.

I also think graphics could have been better if we were not living in a capitalistic make-profit-with-cheap-consoles world, but everything else is pretty good.

And INFINITE, I pretty like that actually.

#9 Posted by KiPac (6 posts) -
So much asterisks and hate. This game looks great to me.
#10 Posted by SNESNOSTALGIA2 (133 posts) -

Please tell me TC isn't indicative of the class of people that frequent these forums, these trolling rants make we wanna b

#11 Posted by SNESNOSTALGIA2 (133 posts) -

Barf 

#12 Posted by davidsworld3 (3039 posts) -

Well the retarted tc never even had the balls the little tiny ones he has to even respond to his really immature dumbass post. Perhaps he chocked on a dick later that night?

#14 Posted by bigcoxy69 (2 posts) -
sounds like a person who has never played bioshock1 or two before .who gives a damn about the title,as long as the game has a good story (which it seems to have in spades)excellent gameplay(again see previous brackets)and something different about it ,which no other game has,(the booker/elizabeth combo),I have every trailer and interview downloaded,and im still drooling over the prospect of combat amongst the skylines.they have spent FIVE YEARS in developing this game ,and have won over THIRTY AWARDS and honours at E3 2011.So in a nutshell just dont buy the game ,and when the sales increase and the critics and joe public say how good this game is,how smallminded and idiotic you will seem.
#15 Posted by kidbu3 (291 posts) -

seriously who the **** thought up that bad **** title, does it make anyone else rage?

infinite doesnt even fit or work, its a completely improper bad **** word to be used on its own

didnt one ****ing person say "hey, i think that title is ****ing stupid, it should be 'infinity' at the very least"

say the title "bioshock infinite" and tell me it doesnt just hang like a limp dick at the end of your tongue

your brain expects more because without more it sounds ****ing stupid, just like Dark of the Moon

and no one better say "no dude, thats just another way of spelling 'infinity'" because NO

oh and this **** game totally wont live up to the hype either. the graphics are horrid and cartooney, the gameplay looks gimmicky as **** and the story is probably as well thought out as the **** bad title.

in other words its probably dishonored 2 in disguise, except it wont be hyped up as a revolutionary godsend game of the universe, so it will probably only get a 7.5

also, **** title

q-bert39
what a sh!t bag you are
#16 Posted by azairy (2 posts) -

Are there many trolls on GS?

#17 Posted by biggator (5 posts) -
Your a moron and an A**hole to boot. How old are you? You sound like spoiled teenager and a prick too. Suck on that you little jerk.
#18 Posted by GICobraBlack (152 posts) -

1) Don't buy it; 2) Don't play it; 3) Don't complain; 4) Check grammar and spelling before posting. Might help raise your intellect. ...and Happy New Year for anyone reading this!petet75

couldn't agree more. 

#19 Posted by raikiry (59 posts) -
Infinity as in the sky, can you think for yourself or do we really need this forum for us to think FOR you!?
#20 Posted by Karmazyn (152 posts) -

1) Don't buy it; 2) Don't play it; 3) Don't complain; 4) Check grammar and spelling before posting. Might help raise your intellect. ...and Happy New Year for anyone reading this!petet75

Grammar has nothing to do with the intellect. You have multi nationals on gamespot and some people do not have english as their native language so you should appreciate that some people are making an effort and posting their thought not in their language. I think that three points you raised are logical the fourth one is just wrong....

#21 Posted by Bladefist (235 posts) -

In the immortal words of Don Rickles in "Dirty Work", "Why don'tcha get a horse and live in the mountains someplace and don't bother anybody."

#22 Posted by Psycold (518 posts) -
[QUOTE="q-bert39"]

also, **** title

kidbu3
what a sh!t bag you are

Amen.
#23 Posted by Psycold (518 posts) -

In the immortal words of Don Rickles in "Dirty Work", "Why don'tcha get a horse and live in the mountains someplace and don't bother anybody."

Bladefist

"You got a personality like a dead moth!" I saw that movie in the theater with a friend on opening day, there was 1 other person in the theater.

BTW I seriously think this kid is mad about the name "Infinite" because he doesn't know how to pronounce it. He thinks you say it like "Infinity" and that the world is conspiring against him to create new words that sound the same. It's no wonder we have kids like Adam Lansa shooting a bunch of children with psychos like him. 

#24 Posted by flamingboard (172 posts) -

Don't feed the trolls.

#25 Posted by RussellGorall (23 posts) -
Great job.
#26 Posted by q-bert39 (146 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bladefist"]

Psycold

"You got a personality like a dead moth!" I saw that movie in the theater with a friend on opening day, there was 1 other person in the theater.

BTW I seriously think this kid is mad about the name "Infinite" because he doesn't know how to pronounce it. He thinks you say it like "Infinity" and that the world is conspiring against him to create new words that sound the same. It's no wonder we have kids like Adam Lansa shooting a bunch of children with psychos like him. 

Regardless of how it was spelled, if it was pronounced "infinity" why would i have had a problem with it? The main point of that post i made so many months ago was that their choice of "infinite" is awkward on its own.

Though after months of brainwashing, "infinite" is starting to grow on me.

I propose the expansion's title should be "Bioshock: Accidently the moon"

(Oh, and the graphics are still ****)

#27 Posted by dmadrfe (24 posts) -

When you finish the game you will understand why it's called Infinite.

#28 Posted by allboutkiln (508 posts) -

Title aside, i gotta agree about the graphics, it kinda looks yesteryear,..and some of the npc models are downright ugly, maybe they got some interns to do them.

The gameplay/gunplay/upgrade mechanics are also rather bland and boring, a bit like a poor man's Borderlands 2.

The original was (is) the best.

#29 Posted by GamerNerdTalk (309 posts) -

Congrats... I thought I was a bad troll, @q-bert39, you take trolling to a whole new level.

#30 Posted by CriticalGamer92 (3 posts) -
Uhh... I agree that "Infinity" sounds better than "Infinite". It does kinda leave you hanging at the end of the word. But the title is very deserving. If you actually play the game, the plot revolves around this... After beating the game, I've found that the gameplay is alright. It's not as good as the other BioShock games in terms of using your Plasmids (Vigors in this game). The reason why that is is because the previous games had you solve puzzles with your powers. This game does not, except for the VERY few Shock Jockey "puzzles"... Even then, they're not really puzzles. Also, it seems to me that most of the powers are just used out of preference. Not really utility. An example would be the use of either Bronco, Undertow or Murder of Crows. They all essentially do the same thing, except Bronco is a bit better imo (Bronco a group -> shotgun = gg). This game is not perfect, for sure. But it's story more than makes up for the lack of gameplay mechanics. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE TITLE, THIS IS WHY THEY USED IT: *******************SPOILER********************* DONT READ DONT READ DONT READ DONT READ SRSLY The main plot revolves around the notion of multiple universes. An infinite number of worlds, all similar and all different.
#31 Posted by kakanoucia (245 posts) -

I've completed the game, and to anyone else who has beaten it, the title makes perfect sense and I know they would agree.

#34 Posted by Miraklum (8 posts) -

I never tried Bioshock franchise before, is this game any good?

#36 Posted by WaveyDL (11 posts) -

I think OP needs a hug.

... and a nap

#37 Posted by 4eyed (1 posts) -
I am not sure if you are serious or trolling, but the title has a lot to do with the game,
#38 Posted by Ninetyninth (1 posts) -

At first I thought this is a normal trolling post, but man you came back to bump it up again after the game has released...you're good!

#39 Posted by q-bert39 (146 posts) -

Well thanks, but while i do take pride in my above average trolling abilities, at the time of my OP (Oct 24, 2012 5:05 am GMT) i only knew about the title and the cover art, and not about the thing you find out at the very end of the retail released game (unless they somehow managed to spoil that before release as well).

Like others have said though, the gameplay and graphics are pretty subpar for today's standards (most likely omega level subpar once the next gen games come). The graphics and mechanics are already quite dated, the graphcis look 2010ish, and the mechanics are already extremely unoriginal. The gameplay was extremely linear and repetitive, so much so that it detracted from the story and pulled you out of the game. They should really be ashamed of themselves for the gameplay. It's something you might expect to see in a 5.0 game. Fight X, move to next spot, fight Y, move to next spot, fight X + Y, move to next spot, fight X + X + Y, etc (Mortal Kombat solo campaign has more variety and change of setting). Swinging around on rails (lol, on rails) doesnt change anything, and only serves to make the game feel even more gimmicky than it already is. The rails and their construction served no plausible purpose other than to most conveniently take you exactly where you needed to go. 

*lots of spoilers below*

The story was decent, with a lot of plotholes and problems mostly caused by trying to have time travel. Some things were just silly though, like the ghost part, and the (lack of) explanation of how they got this technology in the first place, especially considering the era. It felt very anachronistic at times (i know its not an exact copy of earth, but still), especially the entire premise of the backstory. Still it wasnt bad in all. They tied everything together well though, which made the implausibilities less importunate.

Some problems i have with the story:
1.Why didnt he just take a police cruiser down to the surface, why did it have to be that single specific zeplin, why couldnt he just get different one, why did he go through so much random fetch quest tedium just to get that exact ship, when any would do? He has killed hundreds of cops so far, is he really that scared to just board another zeplin? Really?

2. If comstock really is dewitt, and comstock had extremely in-depth prior knowledge of elizabeths abilities, and knowing that he had her strapped up and tortured and that she knows he was harvesting her energy and forcibly attempting to detain, retain, control, and abuse her, WHY did he act all priestly, fatherly, compassionate and innocent in the final confrontation (his goal was to create doubt that he was dangerous or guilty, even though she knew beyond a doubt what he did). Comstock IS dewitt, he knows how to use a gun, probably just as well as your dewitt does. Why isnt he just ODing on vigor's since they are more common than people in this game. Why didnt he just shoot the complete **** out of you the second you came through that door or have 20 handy mans waiting on the other side. He didnt do anything to save his own life, either premeditated or on the spot, but instead tried yet again to cast doubt over dewitt's intentions, when elizibeth already knows what he did to her. It is extremely stupid and out of character. Do you think a tyrant like him would so willingly and stupidly give up his own life? No. The stupidity is even further hightened by the fact that he didnt even need elizabeth's consent or affection, so why did he go through so much trouble, especially after he already revealed his true colors?

3. Vigors, they are everywhere, lying on the ground, in trash bins, in crates, on dressers, yet you never see anyone else with them, not even the 150,000 cops sent to stop you (except like 2). Why didnt every cop get at least one? Comstock has warehouses full of them but he cant spare a few to stop dewitt who is killing his men by the hundreds?

4. Based on how many cops you kill, they must have some malitia system where every able man has to go and get killed by you in small numbers at a time, because if there isnt, there are probably more cops than citizens in this floating city; why didnt they just blow up/sink whatever floatable block you happened to be on.

5. The other stories and characters going on in the game were completely sub-par and severely boring. No one cares about slate, no one cares about the ebonics lady, no one cares about comstocks competitor. This is all just filler designed to flesh out an already very short main storyline.

6. The combat system hugely detracted from the story. Everyone is after elizabeth, but no one tries to grab her or capture her or shoot her in the kneecaps while you are fighting. She also, in the knick of time, has a convenient medical kit to throw at your face when you are hurt, or happens to find sniper ammo in a civilian barber shop. She also has that miraculous ability to bend down mid fight and inject you with adrenaline after you got shot in the head, drag you out of the room, and let you continue the fight when you go down. None of it makes sense, and none of it feels right or adds anything to the combat. It feels gimmicky and tacked on.

7. The whole warping to another universe thing was also ridiculous, but understandable for a kid's game. It was just a parade of deus ex machina that oversimplified the story and the gameplay. Oh we cant find X, wait a minute i see a tear, look its X!

8. If comstock really wanted to live and keep living, and keep harvesting elizabeth, why didnt he just trick dewitt? Why did he make dewitt a public enemy and all the theatrics (i mean, we know why, or else it would be even more boring) of trying to capture him? Why didnt he just invite him to a private area and ambush him with handy men and all the other mutants? Why didnt he just invite him to his super chapel and then shoot him in the head the second he came through the door? Why didnt he just kill him when he was passed out at the beginning? He knew he would come, he knew he would try to free elizabeth, he knew everything. What separates some details from others? His intent to free elizabeth is no more a fine detail then his attending the fare, or picking 77. He must have known the twins were involved, why didnt he just have someone blow up the lighthouse when he was inside it, or shoot down the rocket transporter vessel. The only answer is becuase it was convenient for the plot progression not to, and that makes for a bad story.

9. Elizabeth's "scause" to help free the random meaningless struggling population was only created to give her a reason not to instantly teleport them off the floating city, which was extremely blatant, and rather insulting.

10. Allofmywat for the bird and everything else to do with it.

Instances where the character survives or the plot progresses solely because of the antagonist's stupidity, or by intervention from god/luck, or timey-wimey time travel multiple universe explanations are bad writing, and unfortunately bioshock infinite is full of it. I wouldnt normally care, but this game is virtually being heralded as a godsend and a once in a decade type game; it's not. Not even by opinion, just fact. Nothing about this game is a 10. The graphics, the story, the mechanics, the gameplay, not even a single component is a 10.

If they had just avoided the "everything that has not happend has already happened and everything that will happen has happened" misguided jumble, i think it would have really helped the story.

Anyways, the game was pretty decent, but massively massively overhyped. It's pretty disheartening how high the reviews are for this game. Only a few "pro" reviewers touched on these issues in their reviews.

Also, i was right, i am a prophet (well, besides my prediction about the hype, which was very high). Read the end of my OP. Hail me

#40 Posted by SNESNOSTALGIA2 (133 posts) -

[QUOTE="petet75"]1) Don't buy it; 2) Don't play it; 3) Don't complain; 4) Check grammar and spelling before posting. Might help raise your intellect. ...and Happy New Year for anyone reading this!Karmazyn

Grammar has nothing to do with the intellect. You have multi nationals on gamespot and some people do not have english as their native language so you should appreciate that some people are making an effort and posting their thought not in their language. I think that three points you raised are logical the fourth one is just wrong....

I would agree with you except Q-Bert is an all star troll an unless you have no sense you can tell the difference.