I played the demo last night... -spoilers maybe eh?-

#1 Posted by yearssomuch (54 posts) -

-semi spoilers-?

Man, this game is going to be great. I had a ton of fun with the demo, whether I was wrecking havoc as Aiden while some innocent old lady lost her mind in 'The Experiment', or fighting atop and jumping off of moving trains, running through forests, fighting police dogs, driving around on stolen police bikes, or hiding out in a theater while controlling Aiden to punish the SWAT team outside in 'Hunted', I enjoyed it the entire way through.

I can't wait to play the game from start to finish, it looks fantastic.

#2 Posted by pip3dream (50 posts) -
Man, I will have to give the demo another try - but so far, I'm SEVERELY disappointed. I think the controls are much worse than Heavy Rain, and I don't like what I understand the story so far..... But of course I don't really know the full story. The whole supernatural no realisitic ghost story thing is turning me off. I loved Heavy Rain for it's realism and gritty story. I LOVED that game. This game feels like such a step back with the controls - it REALLY feels like they forced a movie into a video game, and it seem spointless. I really wanted to like this game :(*
#3 Posted by SweetPandaLove (1845 posts) -

@pip3dream said:
Man, I will have to give the demo another try - but so far, I'm SEVERELY disappointed. I think the controls are much worse than Heavy Rain, and I don't like what I understand the story so far..... But of course I don't really know the full story. The whole supernatural no realisitic ghost story thing is turning me off. I loved Heavy Rain for it's realism and gritty story. I LOVED that game. This game feels like such a step back with the controls - it REALLY feels like they forced a movie into a video game, and it seem spointless. I really wanted to like this game :(*

Aside from the added right stick controls with the white dots on the screen, how does this control any differently than Heavy Rain? The controls are essentially the exact same.

#4 Posted by pip3dream (50 posts) -

@SweetPandaLove: Yo! I might be in the minority, but I actually enjoyed the "complexity" of the inputs for Heavy Rain. It liked how they attempted to mimic (with varying success) the actions that were happening in the game, as well as the difficulty of the actions that were being performed. Remember trying to climb that muddy hill as the FBI investigator early on in the orgami killers story to get to the top train tracks? It was pretty damn hard! But honestly, if you've ever tried to climb a muddy hill like that in the rain, it's hard! :)

So for one, I miss the complexity of the controls. The other issue I have is that the controls don't feel totally connected to the game, like there is some weird latency between the visual cue for doing the action, and when it would accept the input for the action. It felt like even though I could see obviously the direction I needed to push the stick, I had to wait for the games process to catch up and allow the input. The only analogy I can think of is a steering wheel that has play in it, instead of being really tight.

I did buy the game, and I will definitely play through it - but I've been too distracted by GTA to give it another chance- which is HIGHLY unusual for me. Adventure games / Cinematic games are my absolute favorite.