BF3 Premium- Is it worth it?

#1 Posted by AvatarMan96 (7324 posts) -

I've been playing BF3 since November of last year, and I've logged in 100+ hours into it. But now, it seems like I don't play it nearly as often as I used to. I look at the game box, and just sigh.

However, ths Premium package has been announced- 5 DLC packs for $50. That's $10 a pack, $5 less than regular price. It's kind of intrigued me.

Should I go and get Premium, even though I'm in my little "predicament"?

#3 Posted by AvatarMan96 (7324 posts) -

Don't worry about price! They are doing a promo giveaway at http://BF3PremiumKeys.com !!brosawce
Screw you, spammer

#4 Posted by CondorCalabasas (654 posts) -

I would say yes it is worth it.

I used to feel the same way you do, I felt that way because of the glitches, and over powered weapons.

At first it was the USAS 12 with frag rounds, then they fixed it.

Then it was the FAMAS, they fixed it.

Then it was the M26 DART with heavy barrel & underslung attachment.

Up until the dart fix, I was thinking about never playing this game again. But as soon as it was fixed, my enjoyment came back.

The maps are worth the price, the weapons that come with the packs are worth it, the smaller price tag makes it worth it, and the double XP weekends are icing on the cake.

#5 Posted by Darkitachi54 (256 posts) -
Don't worry about price! They are doing a promo giveaway at http://BF3PremiumKeys.com !!brosawce
Reported.
#6 Posted by SkepticMagFan (3 posts) -
Battlefield 3: Premium... A costly DLC that gives people who purchase it an "enhanced" experience for Battlefield 3. That, is where the problem begins. What I do not like about this DLC is that DICE has made it harder for people who do not purchase premium status to compete with the "premium player". I myself have not purchased this DLC, however I have played it because, sadly, my friends do have this DLC, and what I can say with confidence is that all this DLC gives is the chance for the many underage children, or unskillful people to have a greater chance of obtaining kills (which they are usually, using the various balanced guns, unable to do) against the outgunned non-premium players, with the truely over-powered weapons such as the M417 and the AUG A3 - which I can say from experience is extremely easy to destroy large mobs of people with quick, full-automatic fire. DICE has made great success with this DLC as for they are making Battlefield 3 increasingly harder to play as a non-premium as premium players unlock increasingly devistating weapons. To me, becoming a premium player is, to a certain extent cheating, as you are paying for DLC that makes it easier to get kills, just like a hack or a glitch, which is what I think this is to Battlefield 3, a Kills4Kids, a glitch. I know this is not fully related to your question, but, I hope it gives you an enlightened perspective on the corrupt nature of this DLC, proving that, if you get it, you are either unskillful, a child, spoilt, or simply, much to sad, or maybe a combination of all of them, I hope not though! Don't join the Dark-Side, Skeptic.
#7 Posted by CondorCalabasas (654 posts) -
[QUOTE="SkepticMagFan"]Battlefield 3: Premium... A costly DLC that gives people who purchase it an "enhanced" experience for Battlefield 3. That, is where the problem begins. What I do not like about this DLC is that DICE has made it harder for people who do not purchase premium status to compete with the "premium player". I myself have not purchased this DLC, however I have played it because, sadly, my friends do have this DLC, and what I can say with confidence is that all this DLC gives is the chance for the many underage children, or unskillful people to have a greater chance of obtaining kills (which they are usually, using the various balanced guns, unable to do) against the outgunned non-premium players, with the truely over-powered weapons such as the M417 and the AUG A3 - which I can say from experience is extremely easy to destroy large mobs of people with quick, full-automatic fire. DICE has made great success with this DLC as for they are making Battlefield 3 increasingly harder to play as a non-premium as premium players unlock increasingly devistating weapons. To me, becoming a premium player is, to a certain extent cheating, as you are paying for DLC that makes it easier to get kills, just like a hack or a glitch, which is what I think this is to Battlefield 3, a Kills4Kids, a glitch. I know this is not fully related to your question, but, I hope it gives you an enlightened perspective on the corrupt nature of this DLC, proving that, if you get it, you are either unskillful, a child, spoilt, or simply, much to sad, or maybe a combination of all of them, I hope not though! Don't join the Dark-Side, Skeptic.

I can say that it is fact the above poster has actually no idea what so ever as to what he is talking about. Especially since he doesn't even own the DLC. The M417 is a semi-auto sniper actually, it is not fully automatic. Its is most easily compared to the SKS. There are only two differences between the two weapons. The M417 bullets do not drop as quickly as they do for the SKS. And the SKS does more damage. The only real advantage you'll have against anyone is if they are using the SKS against you in long range. Any other circumstance, and it would be much more logical to use the SKS. The AUG A3 fires a 5.56x45mm, which is the same round fired by the; M416, M16, KH2002, L85A2, FAMAS, and the F2000. The only rate of fire advantage it has against any other weapon, is the L85A2. Meaning the only time you are going to beat anyone with it in a fair gunfight, is if they are using the L85A2, which you get in DLC anyways. The only real advantage the AUG A3 has is its bull pup design, you move equally fast whilst aiming down the sights as you do when you are not. So I mean, if both of the first assault rifles that you unlock could easily wreck anyone with an AUG, how could that weapon possibly be over-powered? I'am a member of one of the best clans in the world on BF3. It is a requirement as an infantry player, that I'am familiar with all assault, and engineer class weapons. Sniping for me is more of a hobby, and the support class beats all other classes, with the most overpowered weapons in the game available on that class without DLC. I can tell you right now, getting upset over something as trivial as a video game, and blaming other people and objects without doing your research won't win you any battles. The best of the best BF3 players don't rage when they get whooped in a fair fight. Play the game for fun, as that should be the reason why you bought it. Don't blame you losing, or getting killed on things without doing your research. As I've already said, the support class contains the most items and weapons that can be considered over-powered. All of which you unlock without any DLC.
#8 Posted by ACWH (121 posts) -

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/battlefield-3-premium-expansion-pack-code-in-a-box/10617221.html

If you live in the UK you can get it from Zavvi and save over £8. Might be more pleasing to some...

#9 Posted by Raspifier (4 posts) -

I can say that it is fact the above poster has actually no idea what so ever as to what he is talking about. Especially since he doesn't even own the DLC. The M417 is a semi-auto sniper actually, it is not fully automatic. Its is most easily compared to the SKS. There are only two differences between the two weapons. The M417 bullets do not drop as quickly as they do for the SKS. And the SKS does more damage. The only real advantage you'll have against anyone is if they are using the SKS against you in long range. Any other circumstance, and it would be much more logical to use the SKS. The AUG A3 fires a 5.56x45mm, which is the same round fired by the; M416, M16, KH2002, L85A2, FAMAS, and the F2000. The only rate of fire advantage it has against any other weapon, is the L85A2. Meaning the only time you are going to beat anyone with it in a fair gunfight, is if they are using the L85A2, which you get in DLC anyways. The only real advantage the AUG A3 has is its bull pup design, you move equally fast whilst aiming down the sights as you do when you are not. So I mean, if both of the first assault rifles that you unlock could easily wreck anyone with an AUG, how could that weapon possibly be over-powered? I'am a member of one of the best clans in the world on BF3. It is a requirement as an infantry player, that I'am familiar with all assault, and engineer class weapons. Sniping for me is more of a hobby, and the support class beats all other classes, with the most overpowered weapons in the game available on that class without DLC. I can tell you right now, getting upset over something as trivial as a video game, and blaming other people and objects without doing your research won't win you any battles. The best of the best BF3 players don't rage when they get whooped in a fair fight. Play the game for fun, as that should be the reason why you bought it. Don't blame you losing, or getting killed on things without doing your research. As I've already said, the support class contains the most items and weapons that can be considered over-powered. All of which you unlock without any DLC. CondorCalabasas

Why is it that most players with the AUG A3 are able to do very well? Let's say you're right, and that these players are just skillful, and these weapons are bad. So...why get Premium if the guns are so evidently under-powered and ordinary? Just for some maps a little earlier than others, which we'll get without Premium anyway? £50 for DLC a little earlier than the rest and some guns which are outmatched buy the guns in the main game? Not making a great case for Premium then.

To the OP, I would say that, since the most recent patch, the game has gotten much better, and if you just stick with it for a while and get back into it, you'll enjoy it. Just find a good server and stick to it. Don't bother spending the extra money for Premium - get playing and just enjoy what you originally bought instead of paying more than you originally paid for the game to get less. Anyhow, it's your choice, I just hope you benefit from your decision.

Best of luck.

#10 Posted by EastQB9 (17 posts) -

[QUOTE="Raspifier"]

Why is it that most players with the AUG A3 are able to do very well? Let's say you're right, and that these players are just skillful, and these weapons are bad. So...why get Premium if the guns are so evidently under-powered and ordinary? Just for some maps a little earlier than others, which we'll get without Premium anyway? £50 for DLC a little earlier than the rest and some guns which are outmatched buy the guns in the main game? Not making a great case for Premium then.

I'm not sure where you got your evidence that most people who use the AUG do any better than people using other assault weapons. Personally I like the AUG and use it often, but I can do just as well with just about any of the other assault guns too. You just have to get used to them. As far as making a case for Premium. If you know you are going to buy the new map packs when they come out why not just get them right away? It ends up being cheaper and all the other stuff is just a bonus.

#11 Posted by Javis (53 posts) -

I would say yes, it's worth it. It has already been mentioned that it's overall cheaper if you know you're going to buy all the map packs anyway. I think it's around $15 per map pack. Some people might already have B2K, but if not 5x15 would be $75. And even if you take B2K out of the equation, it's overall still a better deal ($10 less). But if you don't plan on buying all the maps, I guess stay away.

The other positive (for me at least) is that you get the maps earlier. There's also weapon and soldier camos and special assignments for Premium players (the first one had dog tags as rewards). In a way it does add a little more stuff to do for players. And if you really want to milk it out you can say that you get game guides and videos (although this can be found for free online anyway if you know where to search probably -- which is somewhat of a bummer).

I don't think that the weapons are for Premium players only, but they are rather tied to the DLC actually. Anyway, if you think you're going to want to keep playing this game it's definitely worth buying.

#12 Posted by CondorCalabasas (654 posts) -

To the OP, I would say that, since the most recent patch, the game has gotten much better, and if you just stick with it for a while and get back into it, you'll enjoy it. Just find a good server and stick to it. Don't bother spending the extra money for Premium - get playing and just enjoy what you originally bought instead of paying more than you originally paid for the game to get less. Anyhow, it's your choice, I just hope you benefit from your decision.

Best of luck.

Raspifier
Most players tend to do well with the AEK from what I've seen, but we aren't discussing that now are we? I didn't say all the weapons are bad, I was saying they are well balanced, and if there are over powered weapons, you can't acquire any of them through DLC. I'm not trying to make a case for premium, but you get all the maps at a discount if you purchase premium. Why on earth would you reply to that post, when I was talking about weapons being overpowered, when there is a post above that where I answer the OP's question. I made my case for premium, but on a different post. If you are going to reply to someone, you should at least give them the respect of actually reading their posts, don't you think?
#13 Posted by thedigitals (947 posts) -

I'd say it's worth it.. the custom servers has given the game new life imo, and the new maps should keep it alive throughout the winter

#14 Posted by Raspifier (4 posts) -

Most players tend to do well with the AEK from what I've seen, but we aren't discussing that now are we? I didn't say all the weapons are bad, I was saying they are well balanced, and if there are over powered weapons, you can't acquire any of them through DLC. I'm not trying to make a case for premium, but you get all the maps at a discount if you purchase premium. Why on earth would you reply to that post, when I was talking about weapons being overpowered, when there is a post above that where I answer the OP's question. I made my case for premium, but on a different post. If you are going to reply to someone, you should at least give them the respect of actually reading their posts, don't you think?CondorCalabasas

I did read your post - but you still argue that Premium is worth it. To be honest, I don't really know - I don't have it. But I suspect that since (as you rightly put it) there are guns like the AEK in the main game which you can do really quite well with, getting new guns with Premium/the DLC which aren't very powerful in comparison will result in useless weapons. I'm not suggesting that they should be overpowered, but they should all be able to stand up well to the AEK, for example.

Oh and 'why on earth would I reply'? Because you posted that, so I decided to respond to that. Do you mind giving me the 'respect' of allowing me to reply to your posts? Maybe Premium is worth it. I just have my own opinion.

#15 Posted by CondorCalabasas (654 posts) -

Oh and 'why on earth would I reply'? Because you posted that, so I decided to respond to that. Do you mind giving me the 'respect' of allowing me to reply to your posts? Maybe Premium is worth it. I just have my own opinion.

Raspifier
I didn't say that, yet again you mis-read. I said why on earth would you reply to someone when you clearly haven't read what they posted. Its pretty funny how you did it again. I didn't say anything about players being skillful, or that the weapons were bad. I didn't say any guns were under-powered. I wasn't making a point for premium with the post you replied to. I was correcting you about how you were wrong about what premium was. So no, you did not read, either that or you mis-read. You also did it again in your second response. As I said, show me the respect of actually reading what I had to say, and then reply. Please and thank you.
#16 Posted by POOBBUM (1 posts) -
bro you got ur stuff mixed up ive seen complete noobs to the game outgun and out play premium players and i have 3 super nerd friends destroy others premium and non premium as for me i take out a good bit of premium members not to mention premium members that like to camp it all goes back to skill man if you cant hang dont get mad and point fingers and say oh its all because you use premium and/ or hack it just makes you look bad bro study the player and what they do everyone uses a pattern EVERYONE weather you mean to or not its all subconsciousness bull like say campers they stay in higher spots like all obvious snipers windows hill tops anywhere close to what they gotta hit heavy machine gunners are a runn and gun thing but mostly tend to go grab and hold positions as for assault and subs they capture and go do to lack of ammo and if you dont believe me go to the highest point on the map and watch for 5-10 min youll develop a sense of where they are going and where they will be its all basic bro
#17 Posted by spicoli420 (342 posts) -

I would say no it is not worth it. I've been playing battlefield games since 1942 on the pc and the series have gone in the wrong direction. Trying to appeal to the COD players is ruining the experience for me. I am one of those people that aquired the premium for free via the ingame store glitch a few months back. I honestly would of been so bummed if I payed for these dlc's.

#18 Posted by eyanvenom (963 posts) -

yes

#19 Posted by meersffej1 (190 posts) -

100% yes. The most recent expansion AFTERMATH, is the best yet. It happens to be on sale this weekend via origin for $34.

#20 Posted by kindbud1VX9 (9 posts) -
It is worth it for Aftermath and Close Quarters, Armored Kill sucks. IMO:)
#21 Posted by nljoram (1 posts) -
I dont know if you buyed allready but i wanted to say it is worth it but i found it a bit expensive and my friend said this site: http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/ Dont see me as a scammer since it really worked :D battlelog: nljoram I really have premium it felt so awesome :D
#22 Posted by ZzSPACEMONKEYzZ (7 posts) -
The guns you get with BF3 premium are the most over powerd weapons ever and have the range of a sniper even the SMG'S. So yes its worth it still woundering if i should pay that much though
#23 Posted by happy9gain (5 posts) -
true, i am getting msf points, and buying xbox live for bf3.... i am fine and okay if people use dlc packs as long as they are not hackers or use overpowered weapons, also i don not think this a good idea as you can some of the dlc weapons by doing missions,
#24 Posted by BryanPan25 (53 posts) -
i stopped playing because i got into airsofting. But i incorporate gaming into my field play by using airsoft guns that are replicas of game guns http://www.airsplat.com/documents.asp?Link=battlefield-3
#25 Posted by PeterMiller (38 posts) -
Going for premium will be a good idea if you are fed up with BF 3 and what to try something new, atleast till battlefield 4 comes out. __________________________________________________________ Battlefield 3 Glitch