Battlefield 3 XBOX 360 Kill / Death Ratio

#1 Posted by xpsychoedx (2 posts) -
I was wondering if anyone knew how they calculate the K/D ration on Battlefield 3. I've tried calculating it and achieved my 2.0 ratio. But now it keeps going down even though my K/D remains positive. Why is that? Apparently I am not calculating something right.
#2 Posted by SkepticMagFan (3 posts) -
You are not performing the correct mathimatical operations. For Example, if I do a K/D of 20/10, which is 2.00 (obviously), then the next game I do 20/40, which is 0.50 (again, obviously). I have done two matches, a match of 20/10, and one of 20/40. 2.00 + 0.50 = 2.50 2.50 / 2 = 1.25 Where 2.50 is the sum of the two match K/D's, the 2 is the number of games, this is called calculating a mean average, which is what BF3 will probably do. Or simply, you could just select "My Soldier" on the main menu screen and then on the "Player Stats" or something. Your K/D Ratio is posted there. And to answer your original question, you must do better than your already existing K/D to improve it. For Example, I do 2.00 on my first game, my K/D is now, obviously 2.00. Then, the next game I do 1.90. Perform my previous calculations and the answer is 1.95 (2.00 + 1.90, 3.90 / 2 = 1.95. 1.95 is lower than your previous K/D of 2.00 and so has gone down. So, basically, you have to do better than your K/D to improve it. I did have the same problem infact, when I first started playing First Person Shooters when I was 11. I hope I have improved your maths skills just a little bit you need, Skeptic.
#3 Posted by Kurushio (10485 posts) -
Just go to one of the BF3 stats websites and put your username in and it will tell you your total kills and deaths and the ratio is done for you. Not many people can get even a 1.5 K/D especially when playing for hundreds of hours. Im a little over 1.3 right now but i used to be below 1. If you are a really good sniper you could probably get a good K/D but you probably wouldnt have that many kills and really wouldnt be all that great of a team player unless you do MAV's all the time.
#4 Posted by ielementixx (14 posts) -

I don't mind my K/D, nobody should, but it seems like it's the most important part of a game to some people :roll: ... when I bought the game last fall I was just driving tank until I had all unlocks for it. That was my first big goal. I came directly from BC2 to BF3, so I was very familiar with calculating the shots. So yea, I often had runs of more than 20 kills with one "tanklife". And by the time i reached the last unlock, the CITV Station my K/D was over 5!!!

I was pretty proud of myself back then and my friends were jealous. I stopped driving tanks, because the last unlock was a big disappointment, and it got boring after more than 500 kills. So I started to do all unlocks for helicopters, jets etc. Of course my K/D went downhill big time. After that I didn't care much about my K/D its somewhere around 2.0 and 2.3 now i guess.

#5 Posted by CondorCalabasas (637 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kurushio"]Just go to one of the BF3 stats websites and put your username in and it will tell you your total kills and deaths and the ratio is done for you. Not many people can get even a 1.5 K/D especially when playing for hundreds of hours. Im a little over 1.3 right now but i used to be below 1. If you are a really good sniper you could probably get a good K/D but you probably wouldnt have that many kills and really wouldnt be all that great of a team player unless you do MAV's all the time.

Not many casual gamers can even get a 1.5 K/D, but the BF series has always been marketed towards competitive gamers. Normally, the average competitive gamers I see rock roughly a 2.5 K/D, but unfortunately, K/D doesn't mean anything unless you know what kind of player they are. People on BF3 play snipers as if its a real war scenario, which makes me laugh. They find a really high point, and spend a half an hour getting 2 kills. A good sniper, is up there with their squad, covering everyone's advance as they move up. Good snipers are extremely rare, as besides myself, I've only ever met one. A good sniper has to be able to run and gun, be just as quick as the rest of their team, but they have to be 10 steps ahead of everyone else on their team. So many factors come into play in being a good sniper.

I don't mind my K/D, nobody should, but it seems like it's the most important part of a game to some people :roll: ... when I bought the game last fall I was just driving tank until I had all unlocks for it. That was my first big goal. I came directly from BC2 to BF3, so I was very familiar with calculating the shots. So yea, I often had runs of more than 20 kills with one "tanklife". And by the time i reached the last unlock, the CITV Station my K/D was over 5!!!

I was pretty proud of myself back then and my friends were jealous. I stopped driving tanks, because the last unlock was a big disappointment, and it got boring after more than 500 kills. So I started to do all unlocks for helicopters, jets etc. Of course my K/D went downhill big time. After that I didn't care much about my K/D its somewhere around 2.0 and 2.3 now i guess.

ielementixx
Well, in a video game about killing, and death, it makes sense that people care so much about K/D. I couldn't care less what mine is, as I run around going knifes only, pistols only, RPG only, etc. But its a good way to determine how good someone is. For example a jet pilot that has a K/D above or around 2.0 is likely to be pretty damn good. A tank driver should have around a 3-5 K/D, as you said. Tank is the easiest thing to do in BF3, you'd pretty much have to try to do badly in a tank, either that or have a terrible gunner. A chopper pilot should definitely be in the 2.5 to 3.5 area. How good your K/D is depends on what you do in the game, how good you are at it, and whether or not you care about doing well. Here are two lists of what I think is most challenging, to least challenging in this game; 1. Jet 2. Chopper 3. IFV 4. Jeep & Hummers 5. Tank In in terms of infantry 1. Sniping 2. Medic 3. Engineer 4. Support
#6 Posted by Kurushio (10485 posts) -
In BC2 i was a decent sniper and i spot like crazy. In BF3 for whatever im a terrible sniper so i stick with the SKS with a 4x scope and usually i am in the mav doing a ton of spotting again. I wish there was a stat for spots per minute since i think i would be top 0% of that one. In fact i spot so much that it probably costs me kills and even gets me killed because i feel like it is more important to let the team know there is an enemy than to try and kill them first. Once i was following an enemy hoping i could knife him but then i saw he was running to a teammate and even though i wanted the knife i decided to kill the guy first which most of the people i play with would have still tried for the knife.
#7 Posted by kasbian (1 posts) -
My KD is like 1.1, dont really mind though as my win loss ratio is much higher. I honestly think in BF K/D isnt too important, id much rather play with people who are more worried about a win than buffing their K/D. Obv pros are an exception with high K/Ds and high W/Ls, but for your average player people will just camp back and never rush on obj if they have good K/Ds. Thats from my experience.
#8 Posted by MilfHunter100 (1 posts) -
Ok here's the deal. They have the original ls and reset of. I reseyted my of about 4 months ago. My original ls is 4.88 having been 65% infantry and the rest tank/lav. My reset.of has 10,000 kills and the I'd is 21.06 very high infact 3rd highest on battlefield Xbox. Only reason though is I'm a tanl/lab who're and UK limited to 2-3 maps. Mostly Swine, Bazaar and Noshair canal. if I played metro like I used to ny ls would wither. If your willing to sacrafise other maps to have a ungodly I'd then you do. I chose it. I really can't enjoy others maps especially armored kill because. People don't give me much respect for a high kdr and just get mad, jealous or report me. I am actually an excellent player and not just a vehicle who're. I can do very well on my feet and in the air but I prefer to stay behind for the tank.