Wait, so during the 5 years between origins and asylum...

#1 Posted by Lone_Wolf_Lance (121 posts) -

... Batman adopted and raised Dick Grayson, Jason Todd and Tim Drake? Isn't that kind of a short time frame to train and raise 3 children from childhood to into their teens? Think I'm wrong?Arkham origins should be set at least 12-15 years before Asylum to at least remain partially canon to the DC Comics universe.

#2 Edited by billlabowski (479 posts) -

Dude, Batman is the most giving person ever. He goes out every night to make sure the citizens of Gotham are safe, raises kids and thinks nothing of it. What do you do Mr. "Lone_Wolf_Lance". Have you ever had your back broken by a 500 pound psycho? I'm guessing not. You need to be more respectful to the hero Gotham needs but no the one it deserves.

(to answer your question I don't think any of this is actually canon, just a quick story to make. Think of it as the "Arkham" timeline and not the actual canon timeline.)

#3 Edited by Lone_Wolf_Lance (121 posts) -

Well then it's still a problem since the last 2 games make numerous references to past events of the comic books. AC's DLC makes references to Jason Todd and Dick Grayson and stuff like that.

Now that I think about it they should have set the story during Batman: Year One. At least it would have made a bit sense with Gordon not trusting Batman and all. C'mon after 2 years I find it hard not to be trusting of Batman or most of the villains still thinking he's a myth.

#4 Posted by GWRoE (2883 posts) -

He is a very active daddy.

#5 Edited by toddx77 (3287 posts) -

I was just thinking about this my self. Arkham Origins is 5 years before Asylum and in Origins Bruce is in his second year as Batman. It take it as Bruce will take Dick in shortly after the events of Origns and he will be Robin for about 2 years. At that point there is still 3 years left until Asylum starts so perhaps Jason became Robin for about a year then died, then 2 years before Asylum Tim Drake became Robin. As for Batgirl I assume sometime after Origins Barbra will become her.

#6 Posted by TisButABat (8 posts) -

@lone_wolf_lance: They change up the Robin's origins now and then. Dick is his adopted son, but I am not sure if he ever adopted Jason or Tim. I am quite sure he never did adopt Tim until he lost his parents.

#7 Posted by Lone_Wolf_Lance (121 posts) -

@lone_wolf_lance: They change up the Robin's origins now and then. Dick is his adopted son, but I am not sure if he ever adopted Jason or Tim. I am quite sure he never did adopt Tim until he lost his parents.

Don't know about Tim, but I know for sure Jason and Dick were both raised by Batman since they were children.

#8 Posted by HBM (9 posts) -
#9 Edited by FeedOnATreeFrog (792 posts) -

Who said he took them in when they were kids?

(at least it's not the comics, where he somehow had a 10 year old kid in the span of 5 years ;) ).

#12 Edited by Onafets87 (171 posts) -

I also think there's been that little accident involving Bane breaking Batman's back: think about the Bane boss fight in Arkham Asylum, especially after Bane says "I will break you Batman, the bruja!" and Batman replies "No Bane! This time I break you!", could it be a reference to the Knightfall storyline?

#13 Edited by JarodRF (3 posts) -

This is why prequels suck..