Tweaking Batman for best performance

#1 Posted by GunEye (822 posts) -

This is my settings:

ATI Radeon HD 5880

4 gb of RAM

Intel Core2Extreme CPU X9650 3.00 GHZ

Win 7 64 bit

---

Should I install the latest Physx Driver? even I don't use the physx feature at all? will just having it installed improves FPS in any way?

What's working best? FSAA, MSAA?

Please regard other settings as well.

I can't keep my game running on steady 60 FPS, on the initial sense with the penguin, my fps is 30-40..

Please help me adjust my options for a good-looking and smooth Batman AC.

#2 Posted by thetrellan (34 posts) -

I've been having problems with that too. As near as I can tell it has something to do with Steam Client Service, because when I disable it under the Services tab in msconfig the problem goes away. I don't know what you can do if you're running the steam version of Arkham City though.

#3 Posted by thetrellan (34 posts) -
I don't know where that quote is from, but the words "ransom" and "shepherd" are misspelled. Is that intentional?
#4 Posted by GunEye (822 posts) -

I don't know where that quote is from, but the words "ransom" and "shepherd" are misspelled. Is that intentional?thetrellan

@thetrellan

Lol, well actually I didn't know I misspelled shepherd, thanks for telling me this.

As for Ransome, some time ago I found out I mispelled that too, knowing this, I liked how the name looks like and so it sticked that way.

As for the quote, this are both taken from a fantastic game called Hostile Waters.

They are both the words of two great character: Ransom and Medson. As for Medson (not sure I spell it right) he likes to quote religious saying from the bible - "The lord is my shepherd" is translation from the Hebrew Jewish pome book "Tehilim" inside the bible, that was written by King David supposdly. As a Jewish believer I like that line alot, both in Hebrew and English.