Game refuses to start. PLEASE help. :(

#1 Posted by funkyzoom (1410 posts) -

Earlier, I used to play Batman Arkham City on Windows 7 64 bit, without any problems. A few days ago, I reinstalled Windows due to a virus, and since then, I'm unable to play Batman Arkham City. Whenever I try to run the game, I get an error "Batman: Arkham City has stopped working". There are two options, "Check online for a solution and close", and "close the program". When I click on error details, I get lots of details, among whish its mentioned Exception Code: c0000005 and Exception Offset: 03937bab. I thought there might be a fault with my Windows installation, so I reinstalled Windows 7 again, still same problem. Its happening with ONLY this game, all other gamea re running fine. I have installed latest versions of GFWL, VC++ etc. The surprising thing is, the game works flawlessly on Windows XP on the same computer ( I dual boot Windows XP and Windows 7). I tried searching on the Steam forums, and pretty much all over the net, but no solutions. PLEASE help me resolve this isue. I don't want to boot into Windows XP just for this one game.

#2 Posted by green_abobo (1287 posts) -
i was going to suggest capatibility mode for xp actually. its just a more stabler OS to run games on anyway, imo. since it appears you are using a virtualization program, why not just run it in xp? is it like an HD or 3D issue @ that point because of the older versions of direct x? can you backup your saves and just reinstall the games? idk man. i dont have these on pc, just trying to help.
#3 Posted by funkyzoom (1410 posts) -

i was going to suggest capatibility mode for xp actually. its just a more stabler OS to run games on anyway, imo. since it appears you are using a virtualization program, why not just run it in xp? is it like an HD or 3D issue @ that point because of the older versions of direct x? can you backup your saves and just reinstall the games? idk man. i dont have these on pc, just trying to help.green_abobo

Actually I don't have virtualization. I'm dual booting both XP and Windows 7. Like when I boot my PC, it asks me which OS to boot.