what do you think?

#1 Posted by perkinsj26 (299 posts) -

So how far do you think they are really going to take this remake? Do you think its just going to end up being an HD remake? I am hoping it goes a lot further than that for such a great series.

#2 Posted by G-N-C (84 posts) -

Its more than a HD remake. It has more character(s) and missions. However, baldurs gate was a flawless game, having passable graphics is more than enough for me

#3 Posted by KristofferHel (7 posts) -
I'm currently playing Baldur's Gate I with Tales of the Sword Coast on a very old laptop I've got laying around just for these type of games - oldies that never goes out of style :) Personally I'm just happy to be able to play it on a modern computer without any hacks, and of course the touch capabilities are very awesome! I don't own an iPad but I would love to play it on a TabletPC :) Then of course if they add some extra characters and quest, that could be a lot of fun too, and make it worth replaying. But I sure hope they allow me to use my current saved games from the old original version, because I want to play the first game through and then export the character into Baldur's Gate II and continue playing :)
#4 Posted by Darth_Kane (2966 posts) -

Without full VO, this upgrage is pretty much useless, as there's already a widescreen mod

#5 Posted by Mefistofel666 (27 posts) -

Its more than a HD remake. It has more character(s) and missions. However, baldurs gate was a flawless game, having passable graphics is more than enough for me

G-N-C

My toughts exactly!

#8 Posted by ElofValantor (30 posts) -

They've basically re-written the vast majority of the infinity engine, squashing age old bugs as they go. They've firmed it up, planted a fresh UI on top, made the multiplayer more robust, added content, added dialogue, made some tweaks (checkout the revised weapon proficiency chart versus how it was in BG2) and included a load of mods.

All in all it's the original... enhanced.

#9 Posted by ciorlandenis (331 posts) -

for someone who is extremely disapointed with today's games this is a miracle, also I didn't get to play BG1, the low res graphics were just hurting my eyes

#10 Posted by G-N-C (84 posts) -

for someone who is extremely disapointed with today's games this is a miracle, also I didn't get to play BG1, the low res graphics were just hurting my eyes

ciorlandenis

Those "low-res graphics" used to be top of the line. I remember when the reality of this game blew my mind! Just think, only a few years before this game graphics consisted of crude ugly attempts at 3d, or blocky indistinguishable characters.