Is there a difficulty setting?

#1 Posted by danyopizzle (303 posts) -

Just wondering, and how? Ive been wondering because a lot of the assassin creed games are really easy, so if I buy this I want to be able to set this on hard

#2 Posted by Kickable (1088 posts) -

I didn't see one, and yes it's still ridiculously easy. Furthermore when you eagle vision and point your view at a group of enemies it highlights their entire bodies so you can now see them through castle walls for example haha. It's a bit annoying that you can't turn it off either, have to run a ways away or out of a restricted zone to get rid of it.

#3 Edited by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

AC games never have a difficulty setting.

This one has enemy highlight wall hacks as mentioned, and on foot gameplay is no tougher than other AC games, but the naval battles can be tough if you don't do some grinding to properly prepare for them. There's lots of places early on when sailing that are restricted zones which are heavily guarded, and the Jackdaw can be turned into mince meat rather quickly if you're attacked by a bigger ship or two mediocre ones.

#4 Posted by TrueProphecy22 (1740 posts) -

@Frag_Maniac: You can "turn up the difficulty for a greater challenge" by turning off the HUD in the options menu. One of the early game tutorials mentions the option.

#5 Edited by Nico2000nl (9 posts) -

I wish...

This game was so easy, I had to fight to stay awake...

#6 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

@Frag_Maniac: You can "turn up the difficulty for a greater challenge" by turning off the HUD in the options menu. One of the early game tutorials mentions the option.

I'm aware of that, but it's not the same as the usual difficulty setting that changes the amount of damage AI and player take.

That said, one could also not choose to upgrade anymore than what is necessary to get through the game.

I find it kinda pointless to blindly buy an AC game then bitch after the fact that it has no difficulty setting. Like I've said, none of them do, just like GTA series. Do a little research before buying. Saves you and others from pointless conversations.