Why is there no background music?

#1 Posted by Nxss-effa-sim (4103 posts) -
Isn't there suppose to be music playing when we're out-and-about? Anywhere you'd go in ACII you'd hear music. In ACIII I can go to the Frontier, Boston, and any of the other places you can explore and the only time I hear music is when it's scripted or when I'm in a fight. Is it suppose to be like this?
#2 Posted by perfect_player1 (91 posts) -

I don't know if anyone realises this, but its one of the biggest reasons that ACIII is not memorable. Notice that AC1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, even Bloodlines, had music always playing in the background. Now we get a silence in every city that makes them unmemorable. I believe its the reason ACIII didn't live up to its franchise. I was hoping for a patch that puts music in or anything like that. That would be amazing.

#3 Posted by tom_cat_01 (2187 posts) -

It's the most frustrating part of the game. The ambient music in the Ezio games (Revelations especially, I feel) was brilliant - so moving, context-building and emotional.  Running around with silence for hours isn't only alienating, it makes the game boring and tonally numbing.  Nowhere has its own character because of the lack of music. Completely baffling decision...

#4 Posted by LasashJackie (4 posts) -
It sure does suck. I miss the dramatic music on Ezio's games... It was emotional, horrifying and meaningful at the same time. Now I only hear pigs, cows and footsteps...
#5 Posted by TazmanianD (1422 posts) -

Yeah, I totally agree. The music and sounds in the Ezio games were really excellent and among the best I've ever heard in a game. The music (and lack of it) in AC3 totally sucks.