The Templars *ENDING SPOILERS*

#1 Posted by dannee_ (25 posts) -

Throughout the series we have been told that the assassins are the good guys and the templars are the bad guys. That the assassins fight for freedom and the templars want to rule the world. But what if the templars really are the good guys? Sure, Desmond saved the world and everything, but now he is dead and some evil b*tch has got the power to rule the world. Maybe the templars knew about Juno and her motives and they were trying to stop her? Maybe that is why they wanted to find all the pieces of eden, but instead the retarded assassins who had no clue stopped them from doing what was right. 

I mean everytime you assassinate a main templar target and they give you their final speech, they are always like "You don't understand what you have done.. /facepalm", and then you kill them. Its like they are trying to muthaf*cking explain to the retarded assassins that if they keep killing the templars something bad will happen to the world, but the stupid assassins just keep on killing them. 

What did the assassins accomplish in the end? Now the world is ruled by some crazy alien.

#2 Posted by KevinConklin (1620 posts) -

I wasn't going to comment in this thread, since, like a child, posted the same topic three times. However, there are too many flaws in your logic to pass this up.

What did the Assassin's accomplish?! SERIOUSLY?! Desmond was given a choice, let the world end (killing BILLIONS of innocent lives in the process), and with a select few survivors (Desmond as one of them) rebuild the world. Or, sacrifice yourself to save billions of lives, letting Juno free, but having faith that the human race would be better off fighting for their lives than surrendering them.

And no, the Templars are not "good." What they want is good, which is peace, however, the means of which they would go about doing it is terrible. Templars want peace by forcing the people into being peaceful, whereas the Assassin's believe that peace should be a result of everyone becoming truly free.

Neither side is good or bad, the Assassin's simply have higher morality.  

#3 Posted by KevinConklin (1620 posts) -

...and yes, I posted in all three of your topics.

#4 Posted by Feedbackula (12 posts) -
AH HAH! Someone read my mind. I'm beginning to believe that the assassin's are the bad guys and the Templars are the good ones. I remember since the first game, whenever you killed a Templar that pertained to the story they pretty much always said you were dumb and didn't know what you were doing and you are wrong. That's continued through all the Assassin's Creed games. We got to check out some of the Templar order with Haythem. I'm still very excited to see where the story goes even if the next one is called Templar's Order... and it's an fps.
#5 Posted by dannee_ (25 posts) -

And no, the Templars are not "good." What they want is good, which is peace, however, the means of which they would go about doing it is terrible. Templars want peace by forcing the people into being peaceful, whereas the Assassin's believe that peace should be a result of everyone becoming truly free.

Neither side is good or bad, the Assassin's simply have higher morality.  

KevinConklin
Sorry I got an error page when submitting the first time, thats why there are two other threads. Anyways, I agree that the Assassins want peace through freedom and that the Templars want peace through control. But still, Juno is free thanks to the assassins and she does not seem like a good girl to be honest. Who knows what horrible plans she has for the human race? If Desmond had chosen not to release Juno and instead let the earth be destroyed, then Juno was probably right when she said that the cycle would repeat itself; where the world would be rebuilt, prosper and then slowly become corrupted again. Because its human nature. So maybe the templars thought that freedom is just an illusion and that peace can only be achieved through force and control. And with the help of the apple they could achieve this kind of global control without using any violence. Then they would achieve world peace, and it would stay that way. But they probably wanted to enslave the people too so what the f*ck do I know.
#6 Posted by LLYNCES (381 posts) -

The Assassins have far too much faith in humanity. The Templar's are realists who understand that peace is something that must be forced, mainly because humans by nature are not peaceful creatures. 

That being said, I don't know if I agreed with Desmond's choice, it all felt anti-climatic to me. He obviously had a lot of faith in the humans abilities to combat Juno, which is why he made the decision to free Juno instead of start over in the first place. Who knows what the Templars had planned either, but I doubt it could have been any better.

#7 Posted by halokillerz (3406 posts) -

there is no good or bad period. And the templars had no idea about juno or her intentions, they couldn't even figure out that minerva left a msg in the last room of AC2

#8 Posted by evagelios (52 posts) -
This has all crossed my mind at one point, But I think what all the games are trying to convey is that both organizations are rather similar, they just have different ways of going about getting their dream to become reality. The assassins lay to rest the people that threaten freedom and what is commonly known as good. The templars kill what gets in the way, good or evil. The biggest point, is they mention that Clay said Washington was a Templar at a later date. Washington wast a bad man. Nor was Achilles or Connor, because without all these men, history wouldn't have been the way it is, and we wouldn't be where we are.
#9 Posted by bart1eby (106 posts) -

The Templars kind of win out though. Juno wants to enslave humanity. Stop the cycle of death and rebirth. If she succeeds she will have done what the Templars wanted. She hates humanity but she isnt gonna kill them off. Shes just gonna try and control them.