the hickey chase is f***** annoying!!! Complete spoiler!

#1 Posted by sltr777 (2 posts) -
I manage to cut his way and stand before him and no matter of what combination of buttons i press he just runs through me???? No way to tackle him!!! This sucks!! Complete spoiler! Work on it Ubisoft!!!
#2 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

I manage to cut his way and stand before him and no matter of what combination of buttons i press he just runs through me???? No way to tackle him!!! This sucks!! Complete spoiler! Work on it Ubisoft!!!sltr777

I don't have that issue, everytime i catch up and kill him ! My issue is that i can't seem to get full sync on that sequence. You have to kill two of the enemy militia and to make sure that at least one of Georgie's bodyguards survives ! Every time i start killing the militia, Hickey gets to G.W. and kills the bodyguards, even tried to catch with him and stall him, but everytime Connor executes him no matter what !!!

#3 Posted by ThePedMeister (92 posts) -

I think OP is talking about the chase mission, where you have to run after Hickey and tackle him but not kill him. I believe one of the requirements is "Do not tackle/shove anyone." This one was actually quite the pain in the ass the first time I did it but I honestly didn't have any trouble tackling him. I just remember following him left into the alley, then when he turned right, I went straight. After some running, I came up directly in front of him and tackled (holding R1 and pressing circle). If that's not working for you, I also remember watching a video where Connor climbs up the side of a building slightly and tackles Hickey from above. Obviously, you'll have to find a way to come up in front of Hickey like I did. I hope that helps. 

#4 Posted by darkfiercelink (117 posts) -

if you think this mission is annoyin wait till you play the last privatier mission.. took me 50 tries so far and still can't get full sync

#5 Posted by KevinConklin (1620 posts) -

Tackle, don't kill.

#6 Posted by Adema1226 (216 posts) -
You have to tackle him from behind. I had the same problem.
#7 Posted by stoopidoofus25 (131 posts) -
I think it was when he runs into the 1st or 2nd crowd when he throws the coins and there were so many people that he had some trouble getting through. You should have caught up to him quite easily by then and just press square.
#8 Posted by BlazeKingz (502 posts) -

lol i guess i found an "exploit" in that mission on the first run. i started chasing him and like 5 seconds in i bumped into a horse jumping on it. if your on a horse following him it wont count as bumping in to poeple even if you do. once your close you assassinate him from horseback.

#9 Posted by Essi2721 (44 posts) -

I don't have that issue, everytime i catch up and kill him ! My issue is that i can't seem to get full sync on that sequence. You have to kill two of the enemy militia and to make sure that at least one of Georgie's bodyguards survives ! Every time i start killing the militia, Hickey gets to G.W. and kills the bodyguards, even tried to catch with him and stall him, but everytime Connor executes him no matter what !!!

DISSESHOWEDO

To get 100% synch, you have to get ahead of Hickey (& hit him once if i remember correctly) & then kill the guards. By getting ahead of him & hitting him, he doesnt get "one hit kills" on G.W.'s guards.

#10 Posted by dandi (359 posts) -

When you are chasing him, there will be a part when he drops money and immediately goes right by three or four guards. Do not follow him. Instead turn left and run down the street and make the first right. Careful as there are those annoying kids that will get in your way. Stay to the left side as you make the right turn and immediately look to your right. There is an alley there and Hickey will emerge from it. You can run into the alley before he arrives if you are fast enough. Just hit the tackle button (circle on PS3) and you should complete the challenge. The final challenge against Lee was just as annoying. I hope this helps. I look forward to playing with or against you.

Your fellow gamer,

Dandi -PSN: theluh

#11 Posted by Hellcanwait (836 posts) -

just run into him that's enough to turn his attention away from his target and on to you, then kill the 2 militia guys to get the achievement