***SPOILERS*** AC3 Ending ***SPOILERS***

#1 Posted by LasashJackie (4 posts) -
So, I've just finished AC3, and I am deeply, deeply disappointed. It took me 90% of the game to complete until I realized that I can do the Naval missions, craft stuff, make money by sending convoys, control the fighting mechanisms etc., and I don't think I'm that dumb, because while playing AC2-AC Revelations, I was a somewhat of a master in all the gameplay, money making, shop buying and all... In addition, the twist after sequence 3 is lame, and the the with your father is lamer. But the lamest thing is how Charles Lee dies. Opps, I'm sorry, it's not THE MOST LAME thing in the ending. Desmend is an idiot. 4 games I've played, hours of investment in the story, and for what, for his death? AC3 reminds me of Prince of Persia 3: graphics are better, gameplay is boring and the "twist" they try to force (in PoP it's your "dark side") is annoying. I know I complain a lot, and comparing to other games, AC3 is amazing. But it feels very, very sluggish, with lots of bugs, no fine tuning, no extra thinking. You could expect from Ubisoft that did the same AC2 and AC Brotherhood games to keep the plateau at least. But they've completely destroyed it. Desmend is dead, there's an open ending bla bla bla. I only pray that what happened to PoP eventually (I remind you PoP 2008 and PoP the forgotten sands) got an awful review. It's a shame really, I was really looking forward to AC3, and I grew quite fond of Connor in the ending. It's just that all the other things around it that make AC the amazing experience it is got lost in the way... What do you think? :(
#2 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

Oh I am so happy no one yet as fed you're post that oozes so much troll it's like a portal to the troll kingdom as been opened and the king troll has burst through spilling his uneducated troll bile.

So, I've just finished AC3, and I am deeply, deeply disappointed. It took me 90% of the game to complete until I realized that I can do the Naval missions, craft stuff, make money by sending convoys, control the fighting mechanisms etc., and I don't think I'm that dumb, because while playing AC2-AC Revelations, I was a somewhat of a master in all the gameplay, money making, shop buying and all...LasashJackie

First off, there was a mission pretty early in Connor's adult missions, and about mid-way through the game to Captain the Aquila, when you come back from that all you neeed to do was to turn around and see that the guy stood next to the ramp to you're ship had the marker around him to indicate you could interact with him.  Even if you didn't see that it must have been obvious that they were not going to go to all the trouble of introducing the ship, have you sail to Martha's Vineyard and have her refitted (the ship not Martha or her vineyard just incase you're not keeping up here), only to then not take it further and to leave you with a ship and nothing to do with it.

In addition, the twist after sequence 3 is lame, and the the with your father is lamer. But the lamest thing is how Charles Lee dies. Opps, I'm sorry, it's not THE MOST LAME thing in the ending.LasashJackie

What is lame is you're assumption that the "twist" at the act of end three was in some way out of place.  What Ubisoft did was make you like the enemy, for those early acts you bond with the characters, you like them even though they sometimes do things that are not right, you treat them as you would the hero of the game, and when you find yourself having empathy for the characters then they show you that, actually they are Templars and other than a different ideology they are the just the same in many ways as the Assassins

Desmend is an idiot. 4 games I've played, hours of investment in the story, and for what, for his death? LasashJackie

I think you mean DESMOND, interesting to see you call a fictional character an idiot, I hate to break this to you but... he isn't real.  Anyway this isn't the first time a majot title has had one of the main protaganists killed off towards to end or at the end of a game, so not like it is something new, the explanation was weak but you understood that he was doing what he thought was best, rightly or wrongly).  The rest was so nonsensical I stopped reading, sorry but, maybe a few more years at troll school are needed before you should post again.