Conner's agenda / motivation

#1 Posted by stawfwakaijn (1 posts) -
Hey, I am a huge fan of AC. I am from Denmark and my knowledge about american history is not that good, so please help me understand the following: - As far as i know america used to be the land of native americans. This was taken from them by the british and the patriots. Connor seems to be concerned about fighting for freedom asisted by George Washington (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cif8yAMeO94). I find it odd that Connor ignores that they took the land that belonged to his people. As mentioned earlier, i dont have much knowledge about american history. Can anyone explain why it makes sense that he is allied with the patriots?
#2 Posted by Armyboy5 (1479 posts) -

Probably because the templars are among the british (according to the plot lol), so it's easier for him to fight them and continue on his quest assisting the enemies of his true enemies (The Templars! dum dum dum...!!)

#3 Posted by Black_Hand_313 (787 posts) -

1.) Connor is guided by a greater sense of justice - think Batman or Spiderman. He sides with the Patriots because he supports their ideals of freedom and liberty

2.) Connor's father was English, though raised largely by his mother's tribe. He is aware that he can never fully embrace the notion of expelling the foreigners, because he is one himself

3.) The greater conflict has always been between Assassins and Templars. Templars go where the power is - hence, they already have a strong foothold in the British system. Connor will face Templars on the American side, but Ubisoft is keeping that side of the story hidden

Hope that helps.

#4 Posted by eyanvenom (963 posts) -

1.) Connor is guided by a greater sense of justice - think Batman or Spiderman. He sides with the Patriots because he supports their ideals of freedom and liberty

2.) Connor's father was English, though raised largely by his mother's tribe. He is aware that he can never fully embrace the notion of expelling the foreigners, because he is one himself

3.) The greater conflict has always been between Assassins and Templars. Templars go where the power is - hence, they already have a strong foothold in the British system. Connor will face Templars on the American side, but Ubisoft is keeping that side of the story hidden

Hope that helps.

Black_Hand_313

Great response. Thanks for this!