Blacksmith and other Homestead Missions

#1 Posted by xxartydaaznxx (9 posts) -

So I'm in sequence 9 and I've read that you can get Blacksmith since sequence 8 in the Frontier but I still don't see him. How can I go back and recruit him since going back using the DNA menu only allows me to do the mission that I clicked to replay.

I've searched everywhere in the Frontier for him and he won't show up at all.

#2 Posted by TitanX13 (21 posts) -
well you don't need to go back, i got him later in the game in the south east portion of the frontier. he is being attacked by soldiers
#3 Posted by xxartydaaznxx (9 posts) -

I still can't find him. There aren't any soldiers harassing anybody either.

#4 Posted by xxartydaaznxx (9 posts) -
bump, still cant find the blacksmith Big Dave in the frontier... and i'm in the epilogue
#5 Posted by xxartydaaznxx (9 posts) -

Now I read that he's in the south west edge of John's Town... so which is it? He's not in both for me still. **** bugged as hell wtf

#6 Posted by Hiatus01 (1 posts) -
The blacksmith unlocks after you finish Norris' 4th homestead mission in the mine protected by English soldiers. After his mission is done, check the frontier map, you will see a new homestead mission. This is Big Dave (blacksmith). It doesn't matter where or when, its all about doing all the homestead missions. By sequence 7, you should have The woodworkers, farmers,doctor, huntress, innkeepers and the miner. All of their homestead mission should be done, cause the next inhabitant is unlocked by completing homestead missions. If you are in sequence 9 and still no blacksmith, go and do some homestead missions. If you are in the epilogue you most likely have missed your opportunity to collect all the inhabitants.
#7 Posted by Boored14 (1 posts) -
i found big dave, and spoke to him at homestead, but i cant find big daves first mission. i found most others mission not his. where can i find his first mission?
#8 Posted by shafe716 (6 posts) -
[QUOTE="Hiatus01"]The blacksmith unlocks after you finish Norris' 4th homestead mission in the mine protected by English soldiers. After his mission is done, check the frontier map, you will see a new homestead mission. This is Big Dave (blacksmith). It doesn't matter where or when, its all about doing all the homestead missions. By sequence 7, you should have The woodworkers, farmers,doctor, huntress, innkeepers and the miner. All of their homestead mission should be done, cause the next inhabitant is unlocked by completing homestead missions. If you are in sequence 9 and still no blacksmith, go and do some homestead missions. If you are in the epilogue you most likely have missed your opportunity to collect all the inhabitants.

All true except for the part about the epilogue. I didn't even start doing homestead missions until then and I've got all the inhabitants now.